IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

here's a more recent story along those lines..   it's a fun read .. true or not. 

https://www.inquisitr.com/5309429/donald-trump-mental-health-drugs/

According to Johnston, Trump is a “clear and present danger” to the United States, and to the world. The journalist — who has been covering Donald Trump since the 1980s — said that Trump believes that he is genetically superior and smarter than everyone else, which is why he has long held the belief that he should be running the entire world, and not just the United States.

A sane Dem....good luck.

Well the over the top activist SJW Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, “let’s start a war with our own party and harass Dianne Feinstein over policies and legislature we don’t actually understand” faction is only 8% of the entire electorate.

I don't think Trump is going to start a war to deflect attention to something. He's afraid of war. He's had plenty of time to do the standard republican playbook. He likes to talk big but I think he's a pussy when it comes to action. Hopefully

Woodward's book said he wanted to assassinate Assad without any real strategy or thought to the consequences (Mattis basically said yeah sure thing buddy then ignored him), so I'm not so sure...

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-reportedly-told-mattis-he-wanted-to-assassinate-bashar-al-assad-2018-9

I don't think Trump is going to start a war to deflect attention to something. He's afraid of war. He's had plenty of time to do the standard republican playbook. He likes to talk big but I think he's a pussy when it comes to action. Hopefully

lol, way too much credit.

^^ I will say about that is that Republicans are a more cohesive party. In that after the primary they all band together and vote for the person who won the primary regardless of whether they personally like him or not. There's this 'attitude' of "A republican needs to be in office" because Republicans think themselves apart of the party or apart of a whole. Being a Republican is simply part of the culture here  down in the south. It seems pretty much everyone is a Republican. 

Whereas the democratic party is more splintered. I think last time around many Bernie supporters didn't really 'feel apart' of any party and that they were just hitching a ride on the democratic label. So they didn't feel the need to go out and vote for Hillary when the time came. Well that and the whole fiasco with closing polls earlier in areas where people were more likely to vote for Bernie...and Hillary trying to appeal to her right constantly. So it rubbed them the wrong way, but at the same time yes it was foolish to let the republican win. But "not being a republican" isn't enough for more ideal younger people who were used to Obama being president and feeling "safe". If that makes sense.

However I imagine though that this time around that... anyone left of center will vote for the democrat because of a general dislike of Trump instead of necessarily liking the democratic nominee. So I'd say Trump is probably screwed... probably.

republicans ≈ team sport groupthink

democrats ≈ nuanced views on the issues themselves

My stepdad is convinced Trump is actually a smart guy well aware of how he plays the media

Me, not so much

Is Trump smart ?

He's a great manipulator of people, it takes a certain kind of intelligence to do that.  It's not general intelligence though, it's manipulative social intelligence.  I bet if you asked him what an atom is he couldn't give you a satisfactory answer.  The same can be said for any real topic of substantive worth.  But he can talk about the things he wants to talk about in a way that is convincing to unintelligent people or people who want to believe him and engage in group chants at his rallies.  

My conclusion is that he's "smart" the same way a scammer or con artist is smart.  Yeah, it's a certain type of intelligence, but it's nothing to brag about and if that's all you are then you're a loser.

Edited by Zeffolia

My stepdad is convinced Trump is actually a smart guy well aware of how he plays the media

Me, not so much

Is Trump smart ?

He's a great manipulator of people, it takes a certain kind of intelligence to do that.  It's not general intelligence though, it's manipulative social intelligence.  I bet if you asked him what an atom is he couldn't give you a satisfactory answer.  The same can be said for any real topic of substantive worth.  But he can talk about the things he wants to talk about in a way that is convincing to unintelligent people or people who want to believe him and engage in group chants at his rallies.  

My conclusion is that he's "smart" the same way a scammer or con artist is smart.  Yeah, it's a certain type of intelligence, but it's nothing to brag about and if that's all you are then you're a loser.

a different type of smart.. good point

He’s on fire with weird tweets.

Btw the Fourth of July celebration happens every year.

Who says “hold the date”???

b574a377b92ae9a47f51e203260e1c54.jpg

2eeed9114277acf61e8f2472a85a0751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s on fire with weird tweets.

Btw the Fourth of July celebration happens every year.

Who says “hold the date”???

b574a377b92ae9a47f51e203260e1c54.jpg

2eeed9114277acf61e8f2472a85a0751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's starting to sound like one of those crazy vagabonds on a busy street corner in any given major city who is ignored by most passers-by. If only we could all fucking ignore him. Like, permanently...

EDIT: A question for those who read this... do you guys consider yourself "right", of Bernie? Curious. Lots of liberals here obviously but liberal is a vague term these days.

Man it is SOOO obvious Trump is a con-man with his language, I will never understand why people like him. I wonder if the people who support Trump are the type likely to fall for those IRS scams.

republicans ≈ team sport groupthink

democrats ≈ nuanced views on the issues themselves

I think this is closer to the truth than not.

Though plenty of "independent conservatives" who do think for themselves, but so happen to dislike over-taxation. I mean that to me has always been a fair reason to be a conservative, but thing is it becomes packaged with the whole racism and sexism thing.

Though always thought the groupthink thing was a big part of both parties. I mean, most people inherit their "political views" from their parents and peers and never really come to conclusions on their own.

I think it's important to not grow too attached to most views and to be ready to change them quickly if evidence proves it. Tho already made this point 15 pages back.

Edited by Brisbot

I’m not so liberal that I’m going to focus my energy on attacking other Democrats and making it easier for Trump to get re-elected, like ALexAnDriA OcaSiO CoRTeZ

She’s basically the left wing Tea Party and the green new deal, while sounding like a great idea on the surface, is really just a way to give them a congressional committee with an outsized influence but no idea how to pass legislation.

Edited by Candiru