IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I just want to clarify for everyone that I am pro universal healthcare, 100% anti trump, and pro amnesty. Also pro woman, anti toxic masculinity, and anti oil.

Now im gonna chill

Edited by sheathe

Living in a western society and being on the internet you are dependent on oil. And as such support those companies by simply being part of this society. Similar argument holds for being online and being part of the global online village. Facebook (and google) is like the oil company of the internet.

And 'supporting' and 'standing up for' are shades of a similar grey. ;p

So yeah, if you're really woke and all that, you might start with returning to a lifestyle from before people discovered oil. Become a farmer and ignore the internet.

This is a stupid and tiresome game, innit. :)

if you stream music you're contributing to tons of pollution (more pollution than any other listening format)

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/04/08/digital-music-pollution/

Streaming Actually Produces More Pollution Than Any Other Music Format, Report Finds

That article is not presenting findings accurately - the source the author links to discusses economic costs, but nothing on environmental cost.

The environmental cost is from some forthcoming study, if you squint real hard at the bottom of the infographic, so who knows what methodology was used.

I have my doubts that streaming is more environmentally unfriendly than physical media, simply due to the energy costs in moving physical media.

Living in a western society and being on the internet you are dependent on oil. And as such support those companies by simply being part of this society. Similar argument holds for being online and being part of the global online village. Facebook (and google) is like the oil company of the internet.

And 'supporting' and 'standing up for' are shades of a similar grey. ;p

So yeah, if you're really woke and all that, you might start with returning to a lifestyle from before people discovered oil. Become a farmer and ignore the internet.

This is a stupid and tiresome game, innit. :)

if you stream music you're contributing to tons of pollution (more pollution than any other listening format)

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2019/04/08/digital-music-pollution/

Streaming Actually Produces More Pollution Than Any Other Music Format, Report Finds

That article is not presenting findings accurately - the source the author links to discusses economic costs, but nothing on environmental cost.

The environmental cost is from some forthcoming study, if you squint real hard at the bottom of the infographic, so who knows what methodology was used.

I have my doubts that streaming is more environmentally unfriendly than physical media, simply due to the energy costs in moving physical media.

already well studied how crypto mining is sucking massive juice from the grid in many countries.  i winder how it stacks up with streaming audio?

also, i forget the percentage of bandwidth but netflix accounts for a ridiculous slice of that pie.  i winder how much server farms, which is what we're talking about mostly right, cut into the energy needs. 

So when you stream Lil Dicky's new environmental song, "Earth" off Spotify, you are killing the planet. That actually makes sense!

What a vibrant response!! lol

Give me a couple D batteries and I'll give you 10 purple inches of vibrance

how about C batteries? D is a bit much girth. 

but re: vibrant... here is where i'd post "Vibrant Thing" by Q-tip youtube video but it's not necessary since mentioning it is enough. 

back to Trumpleton...i mean the guy is 72 and clearly not in good health. Do we really want someone who could potentially keel over from a heart attack (stress from work can cause that, and he seems pretty stressed) as the POTUS?