IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

it's weird not knowing if the president is a russian trojan horse or not. especially while

• he's investigating his political opponents
  • he's firing those who investigate him
  • he's resisting congressional oversight
  • he's declining to counter ongoing russian attacks on the voting process
  • he's establishing precedent for prosecuting the press
  • he's provoking war with iran
  • he's accusing fbi agents involved in investigating him of treason
  • he's discrediting the media, the fbi, and the intelligence community
  • he's alienating allies
  • he's damaging intelligence collection abilities
  • he's causing trade wars
  • cohen testified that trump wouldn't hand over power if he loses

section IV of Volume 1 of the mueller report is a hundred pages of descriptions of communications between the trump campaign and the russian government. the communications are weird and troubling

Edited by very honest

8 hours ago, goDel said:

We'll see.

It looks to me that is where things are heading, Trump is given all the rope to hang himself.

Pelosi is very patient and smart about this i think. approaching it like a series of tasks. methodical. the court challenges etc. letting those parts of the system work and taking it as it comes while lighting fires in his brain and letting him react and look stupid and weak and ineffective. 

Yes.

What I really don't like however, is Dems pondering the politics. When it comes to upholding the constitution, 2020 shouldn't be on your mind. Political power is not something which should be traded against upholding the constitution. It prefer it if they would just focus on the job. They're not there to think about 2020. They're there as check/balance on the executive branch.

59 minutes ago, goDel said:

Yes.

What I really don't like however, is Dems pondering the politics. When it comes to upholding the constitution, 2020 shouldn't be on your mind. Political power is not something which should be traded against upholding the constitution. It prefer it if they would just focus on the job. They're not there to think about 2020. They're there as check/balance on the executive branch.

idk if you heard mueller wants to testify privately, with a public opening statement, and the transcript to be released after. interesting starting position. so, at least that will happen. and maybe by the time negotiations are done, he will be testifying publicly. he doesn't want the fbi to be presented as part of a political spectacle (any more than necessary). if the testimony is private, though, it takes the theatricality out of any republican performances. i wonder if, in that setting, he could simply win over both parties. the republicans seem to be hedging their bets by saying they haven't read the mueller report. the number of democrats calling for impeachment proceedings is growing by the day, and we have republicans in the senate and the house breaking rank.

if you look at what the democratic leaders in the house have said about what they're waiting for, they are not unclear. they're waiting for public opinion to catch up to the facts. we seem to be heading down a path that will result in increasing public awareness.

Edited by very honest

i'd be happy with a public opening statement and the rest behind closed doors (with public transcripts). the opening statements will be the most valuable anyways. unlike the answers of some biased questions that try to lead him into nowhere.

11 minutes ago, very honest said:

i wonder if, in that setting, he could simply win over both parties.

This is about winning over the public (as you also say). Not about winning over reps. The reps will only start to move into a different direction under public pressure. It's their constituency which will be the driving force. The reps privately have made their mind up about what actually happened during 2016 elections. But what the reps think privately is different to what they say publically. In public they will always speak on behalf of their constituents. (which could also mean donors)

So many thread pages wasted on that bastard. Zero pages spent on stuff happening in the world that matters much more. Little words on the corrupting effect the US has on world politics with or without Trump.

Ultimately Trump being in power hasn't changed US foreign policies much. They are little worse than they have been under any other president that has ruled the country.

US government and elections have probably been bought since the day they have formed. I don't except much from the next one that gets elected.

If only the US was a democracy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darreichungsform said:

So many thread pages wasted on that bastard.

Threads about Trump.

There's another thread for that... well about America and what people think about it anyway.

Wait.. what DO people in WATMM think about countries that aren't America?! Woah. mind blown here.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, darreichungsform said:

What's your point?

Are you saying that...

BoTh sIDes R bAD 

?

6 hours ago, Candiru said:

BoTh sIDes R bAD 

That is what I felt when as a teen I realized most politicians are fake. Well at the time I assumed they were all fake. I remember liking Obama then realizing all that crap about change was just fluff and going ? for a while.

I can kinda get some of the fakery though now... you kinda have to have the ability to throw out soundbytes and stuff in America circa 2019.

2 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Now I just realized I made an angry political post this morning even though it felt like months ago

That's because you probably made a similar angry political post a few months ago, basically remade it today. Now your brain is crossing the streams.

lol

And this is the same guy who claimed at the same event that he wasn't bothered by the DPRK's missile tests, despite regional tensions.

My JASDF homies are arriving in a few days. I wonder what their impressions are of Donnie, and whether they'll inquire about mine. But then again, I don't think any of my Japanese friends have ever brought up politics in conversation for as long as I can remember.

This recent roll he's been on with talking to the Japanese military, shrugging off NK's missiles, and making fun of Joe Biden with his pal Kim are some of the most convincing recent evidence for the rapid disintegration of his frontal lobe. 

And congress is supposed to get his taxes and Deutsche bank records soon, so goddammit let something good happen wtf

There has to be a list somewhere where some guy has been compiling every stupid thing Donald has said since he started his presidential campaign. I wanna relive the classics. gotta rake the floors of the forest.

Why hasn't Mueller testified yet?  He could bury most of these twats with his testimony, clear up Barr's bullshit, and I bet most Americans want to hear what he has to say.

President Donald Trump’s Department of Labor quietly announced last week that it is considering changing the rules of the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants workers the right to 12 weeks of unpaid leave after childbirth, adoption and for other serious health issues.

The department said it would ask for public input from all interested parties about how to “reduce the administrative and compliance burdens on employers” while trying to “better protect and suit the needs of workers.” The administration would then likely propose a rule change, which would go into effect after 60 days of public comment.

https://www.newsweek.com/labor-trump-family-medical-leave-changes-1437636

this is great. you know there's nothing that stresses an employee more when he takes time off work because of a family or medical emergency than how much it burdens his employer. now all that can be reduced, and employees can take that burden onto themselves, thus freeing their employers of too much headache so they can reck in that dough. 

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Why hasn't Mueller testified yet? 

well, he just released a statement and said if he did, it won't go beyond what's in his report. basically: he cannot charge trump with a crime, even though he could not say trump did not commit a crime. also, he refused to take any questions which was beyond disappointing. 

so yeah- a 2 year investigation wasted. right now, i would say dems aren't in the best shape to win the next election.