IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Looks like he's meditating hard to hold it all in.

My diaper is full

My diaper is full

My diaper is...oh shit

I haven't looked at this recent round of news cycle with him getting in trouble. Still don't want to. So are things going in a positive direction, as in a negative direction for Drumpf?

The stable genius is still adored by a large minority, while the majority can't stand him. No matter what. Situation is as stable as ever.

• Burger 1

Yeah it makes all these supposed "wins" due to the democrats the media throws out feel like a waste of time to even pay attention to anymore.

The constant let downs in these news cycles can't be good for long term mental health. lol. I really do think Trump could kill someone in times square and his supporter base would go down by maybe 5%. 

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

St516Uv.png

A giant rendering of US President Donald Trump astride a golden toilet while tweeting has appeared in Central London ahead of protests against Mr Trump’s state visit.

The 16-foot model, nicknamed “Dump Trump”, reportedly also has an audio function that makes fart noises and repeats the president's most famous statements, including “no collusion”, “witch-hunt”, “you are fake news” and “I’m a very stable genius.”

“Dump Trump” appeared early on Tuesday in Trafalgar Square, ahead of the planned demonstration.

It was designed by US science writer and dinosaur expert Don Lessem, who said he spent $25,000 of his own savings for it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-protests-toilet-robot-tweeting-trafalgar-square-london-state-visit-a8943061.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

compilation of stupid things Joe Biden has said that makes him dislikeable:

Dear the democratic establishment, please pick someone who isn't perverted, racist, fake, etc. You guys really need another President Obama with enough charisma to overlook all the silly political rhetoric. At all the establishment candidates I don't see one person who is appealing. I wanna vote Trump out but the establishment dems are making it so hard to even wanna leave to go vote.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

England I love you guys.

Seriously, UK demonstrations are a beautiful thing. US protests often churn out clever signs but Brits make protests an artform

There's no need to make Buttigieg the butt of Beavis and Butthead butt jokes, but whatever.  

32 minutes ago, user said:

You don't even find Buttigieg appealing?

He's respectable but hard to get excited for. I will say he baffles the right a lot more, he's hard for the more reluctant Trump supporters to dismiss and GOP strategists find him a lot more threatening than all of the other nondescript white dudes running. 

I really can't support Biden. I'll vote for him over Trump - I mean I'll vote for a sack of potatoes over Trump - but he's easily the least likable of the entire field, save perhaps de Blasio. He's literally a corporate GOP shrill when it comes to fiscal policy. There was a good bit on El Chapo about how's the kind of guy who would take lobbyist bribes not as a greedy scumbag but because they gave him some free pens and koozie because they're "neat"

Chapo has probably bombarded me with snark about the field into being a Bernie voter but I will say it's been a gradual realization that Trump's election pretty much shattered any argument that Dems need to play it safe. Likewise fielding a self-described moderate/centrist means we'll get a very complacent Dem as a president, scoring only some judicial victories and SCOTUS picks with no major policy sea changes. That's what we got with Obama but he succeeded in being charismatic, calm, and intelligent. Biden is not that way. He's Bill Clinton without the smarts. He's a funny uncle who gives you a high-five and will say he'll kick Trump's ass. He's also the uncle you don't leave young girls around or lend money too. That's not something to rally behind. I'm very skeptical he'll attract any swing voters and even if he did it's not worth it. There better bet at this point is running Sanders (or in the future, someone like AOC) because it'll attract more of the 50% too cynical to vote now. The apathy to HRC was just as pivotal to Trump's win as the GOPs electoral college voting schemes and his "fuck it" appeal. Biden will be effectively portrayed as HRC 2.0 by the GOP. Even if he wins it will cripple him and the Dems.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

England I love you guys.

9 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Seriously, UK demonstrations are a beautiful thing. US protests often churn out clever signs but Brits make protests an artform

spin doctor

n. someone who provides an interpretation of news or an event in a way that makes the news or event work to the advantage of the entity employing the spin doctor. (Usually in political contexts in reference to manipulating the news.)

12 hours ago, goDel said:

I would argue that the ACA was a major political sea change under Obama, though. 

Sure, same with LGBTQ+ rights. 

ACA is a mess but it did lead to this gradual normalization of single-payer healthcare among many, at least via medicare for all. The damage done by the Tea Party and GOP watering down ACA is still very evident,the medial health insurance lobby is as powerful as ever, and I worry the Dems are only going to be more and more complacent in their futile efforts to reach for some "middle-ground" appeal. 

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1