Nebraska

Now That Trump's President...

England I love you guys.

• Like 1

It's Britain, not just the heathen fkn English & their sacral Queeen bs.

There's prob an Orange Lodge joke in there too, somewhere.

St516Uv.png

A giant rendering of US President Donald Trump astride a golden toilet while tweeting has appeared in Central London ahead of protests against Mr Trump’s state visit.

The 16-foot model, nicknamed “Dump Trump”, reportedly also has an audio function that makes fart noises and repeats the president's most famous statements, including “no collusion”, “witch-hunt”, “you are fake news” and “I’m a very stable genius.”

“Dump Trump” appeared early on Tuesday in Trafalgar Square, ahead of the planned demonstration.

It was designed by US science writer and dinosaur expert Don Lessem, who said he spent $25,000 of his own savings for it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/trump-protests-toilet-robot-tweeting-trafalgar-square-london-state-visit-a8943061.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant! 😄

A YUUUGE "Dump Trump"

compilation of stupid things Joe Biden has said that makes him dislikeable:

Dear the democratic establishment, please pick someone who isn't perverted, racist, fake, etc. You guys really need another President Obama with enough charisma to overlook all the silly political rhetoric. At all the establishment candidates I don't see one person who is appealing. I wanna vote Trump out but the establishment dems are making it so hard to even wanna leave to go vote.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

You don't even find Buttigieg appealing?

7 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

England I love you guys.

Seriously, UK demonstrations are a beautiful thing. US protests often churn out clever signs but Brits make protests an artform

12 minutes ago, user said:

heh heh, he said 'butt'.... heh heh

• Burger 1

There's no need to make Buttigieg the butt of Beavis and Butthead butt jokes, but whatever.  

32 minutes ago, user said:

He's respectable but hard to get excited for. I will say he baffles the right a lot more, he's hard for the more reluctant Trump supporters to dismiss and GOP strategists find him a lot more threatening than all of the other nondescript white dudes running. 

I really can't support Biden. I'll vote for him over Trump - I mean I'll vote for a sack of potatoes over Trump - but he's easily the least likable of the entire field, save perhaps de Blasio. He's literally a corporate GOP shrill when it comes to fiscal policy. There was a good bit on El Chapo about how's the kind of guy who would take lobbyist bribes not as a greedy scumbag but because they gave him some free pens and koozie because they're "neat"

Chapo has probably bombarded me with snark about the field into being a Bernie voter but I will say it's been a gradual realization that Trump's election pretty much shattered any argument that Dems need to play it safe. Likewise fielding a self-described moderate/centrist means we'll get a very complacent Dem as a president, scoring only some judicial victories and SCOTUS picks with no major policy sea changes. That's what we got with Obama but he succeeded in being charismatic, calm, and intelligent. Biden is not that way. He's Bill Clinton without the smarts. He's a funny uncle who gives you a high-five and will say he'll kick Trump's ass. He's also the uncle you don't leave young girls around or lend money too. That's not something to rally behind. I'm very skeptical he'll attract any swing voters and even if he did it's not worth it. There better bet at this point is running Sanders (or in the future, someone like AOC) because it'll attract more of the 50% too cynical to vote now. The apathy to HRC was just as pivotal to Trump's win as the GOPs electoral college voting schemes and his "fuck it" appeal. Biden will be effectively portrayed as HRC 2.0 by the GOP. Even if he wins it will cripple him and the Dems.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 2

I would argue that the ACA was a major political sea change under Obama, though. 

On 6/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, Nebraska said:

The queen looks thrilled to be there 😝

17 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

England I love you guys.

9 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Seriously, UK demonstrations are a beautiful thing. US protests often churn out clever signs but Brits make protests an artform

spin doctor

n. someone who provides an interpretation of news or an event in a way that makes the news or event work to the advantage of the entity employing the spin doctor. (Usually in political contexts in reference to manipulating the news.)

7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

I love how the guy on the left towards the end is entirely focused on his phone.

12 hours ago, goDel said:

I would argue that the ACA was a major political sea change under Obama, though. 

Sure, same with LGBTQ+ rights. 

ACA is a mess but it did lead to this gradual normalization of single-payer healthcare among many, at least via medicare for all. The damage done by the Tea Party and GOP watering down ACA is still very evident,the medial health insurance lobby is as powerful as ever, and I worry the Dems are only going to be more and more complacent in their futile efforts to reach for some "middle-ground" appeal. 

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1

Sanders/Warren ticket. 

Interesting analysis on fivethirtyeight.

biden looks a bit overrated in the current polls, while buttigieg looks underrated.

reasoning in short:

- favorability of a candidate can't be better than the % of dems with an opinion on the candidate (eg. if max 20% of dems have an opinion on a candidate, 20% favourability is the highest possible score)

- very high % dems with an opinion on biden as opposed to lesser known candidates means bidens favorability could be overrated wrt to those other candidates.

- analysis below looks at the change in % with opinion in relationship to the change in favorability (buttigieg-bump! while bidens support shrinks!)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-2020-candidates-are-more-or-less-popular-than-they-should-be/

rakich-2020-FAVORABILITY-0603-02final.pn

Only thing is not many people make it through their 70's

21 hours ago, user said:

There's no need to make Buttigieg the butt of Beavis and Butthead butt jokes, but whatever.  

I always felt bad for people with those kinds of names. But never really politicians. It's funny how they're sometimes descriptive. Anthony Weiner comes to mind.

I actually haven't even looked him up. I will obviously if he stays up in the polls. But I'm mostly concerned with my favorite candidate, and the one or two the establishment has chosen.

1 hour ago, Candiru said:

Although a lot of people don't want to hear it, Biden is a Democrat who can win in the South.  That makes him a unique beast, his poll ratings in Florida are already strong.