Nebraska

Now That Trump's President...

US elections have basically turned into some online cyber warfare. No people dying. But reality is, I'm afraid. And the people (soldiers) who run those campaigns, don't give a f#ck. 

?

On 6/30/2019 at 6:02 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This got cartoonist Michael DeAdder fired.

IMG_5215.JPG

a bad cartoon...Trump wouldn't ask

5 hours ago, very honest said:

Again, not really a fan of Biden, but I feel like deliberate misleading of the public should be a federal offense. That campaign "slogan" even sounds like something a 12-year-old would write. Kinda reminds me of the fake Mueller sexual assault allegations Jacob Wohl fabricated. I wanna see that little shit stain end up behind bars so badly.

Yeah, I think this is a dynamic people need to be aware of. A boring centrist democrat like Biden is still working for the United States, and still a million times better than Trump, and if that's who ends up being most likely to win(which so far, all data indicates this), don't fuck around. Remember that the media is likely dependent on Trump levels of hysteria, and aren't interested in politics being normal and boring. 

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/both-liberal-and-conservative-media-wants-biden-to-lose-and-it-may-get-trump-re-elected/

11 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i love the expression on  lagarde's face when she finally notices her...

The funny thing, I kinda feel for Ivanka. All those times you opened your mouth and people looked like a dead bird fell out of it. And she's trying. But then I realise, she's probably completely ignorant of her own ignorance and pushes her BS as if it carries any importance. Then I feel for Lagarde and all the others.

No wonder Merkel got the shivers nowadays. Shit's getting dark. It's turning into autocrats sausage fest up there.

Yeah, massive levels of Dunning-Kruger. 

• Like 1

Ivanka became awkward penguin in season 8

my fav of the "ivanka in important historical events" memes:

shdbZK0.png

Edited by eugene
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, azatoth said:

a bad cartoon...Trump wouldn't ask

border patrol goons are laughing about the same dead immigrants unironically on a closed FB group that propublica has blown open

20190701-border-patrol-facebook-bodies.j

https://www.propublica.org/article/secret-border-patrol-facebook-group-agents-joke-about-migrant-deaths-post-sexist-memes

Customs & Border Patrol will should terminate them, and probably would have in the past, but they're desperate to retain personal right now.

4 hours ago, eugene said:

my fav of the "ivanka in important historical events" memes:

shdbZK0.png

these are up there with the Kelly Conway couch texting memes

C52IgVwXMAMYQ5E-1000.jpg

8 hours ago, Candiru said:

Yeah, I think this is a dynamic people need to be aware of. A boring centrist democrat like Biden is still working for the United States, and still a million times better than Trump, and if that's who ends up being most likely to win(which so far, all data indicates this), don't fuck around. Remember that the media is likely dependent on Trump levels of hysteria, and aren't interested in politics being normal and boring. 

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/both-liberal-and-conservative-media-wants-biden-to-lose-and-it-may-get-trump-re-elected/

It is infuriating how complacent they were in his election. I remember a BBC interview in the summer of 2016 and a commentator/guest said the US media made a huge mistake by even covering him. In hindsight they felt they could talk about how bad he was without it being turned around, perhaps like Palin in 2008. Now he's totally turned it around and the nefarious brilliance of his "fake news" rhetoric is he took a real term to describe absurdly false email chains and social media posts, conflated legitimate criticism of cable news, and then offered absolute lies as an alternative (from day one - remember the inauguration crowd bullshit) in order to normalize the idea of state censorship and state propaganda positive as alternatives. I knew it was fucked when I heard a close relative literally say they found Trump's redefinition of "fake news"  brilliant and great, even after I explained how it was doublespeak. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nebraska said:

If you can completely detach this from it's absurdly nepotist and corrupt political context it's fascinating how cringe it is. It looks like something from Curb Your Enthusiasm, the Office, Alone Together, Louie. Ironically it's the most human and relatable I've seen her, reminds me of when Tina Belcher is trying to fit into a conversation with older girls on Bobs Burgers.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1

jfc the shitiness of the fucking agencies dehumanizing and jumping on some conspiracy bullshit to avoid any guilt/responsibility.. wtf. fuck these people. this country can suck it hard sometimes. aargh. 

55 minutes ago, ignatius said:

jfc the shitiness of the fucking agencies dehumanizing and jumping on some conspiracy bullshit to avoid any guilt/responsibility.. wtf. fuck these people. this country can suck it hard sometimes. aargh. 

It's inherent with any entry-level / field staff of an agency like that. You can always find grunts who are just as racist, moronic, and ironically conspiracy theory minded. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the more veteran staff trying to do their original duty pre-Trump, especially then many who work in US Customs & Border Patrol or other law enforcement agencies on the border who are actually from the area. I think the far-right, including some of these employees, have this stark black/white concept of what the border is like and are oblivious to and/or in denial of the fact that people have had families and socioeconomic ties on both sides for centuries. The latter often form the more responsible staff of the law enforcement of the area and the ones who have been skeptical of the wall and other GOP rhetoric.

I've lurked on r/military and I've noticed many who joke about and shake their head at bootlickers who don't serve as well as those in the service who are pretty much there to just shoot stuff and feel important. Awhile back one of them mentioned how he was alarmed how some of his peers were oblivious to the perpetual NATO-Russian tensions and how the US geopolitical strategy is more about detente with Russia and China than it is the more expensive, well-publicized missions against ISIS. Someone else mentioned how they've noticed bots posting more and more neutral and positive pictures of Russian military forces on instagram and other threads that normally cover American forces. 

The "dumb armed and badass" personnel have always been around in law enforcement and military. It's a common trope - the guardsman in Rambo, Dave Fowler in Jarhead, Bunny in Platoon, etc. I think it's just more overt and in the open under Trump and after over a decade of both cops militarizing on various levels and far-right militia getting more normalized, tolerated, and even catered to by many in the GOP.

Edited by joshuatxuk

5 hours ago, very honest said:

spacer.png

There wasn't nothing before the big bang. It was literally everything.

5 hours ago, Braintree said:

DebbieDowner.png

ddddddddd1.png

bald-eagle_o_6840195.jpg2c9da695399d54cc1a31aa5e194e21d5some-amazing-facts-when-a-bald-eagle-los8fd352836692cb6e89f777121a29d452eae36db561479694_342290883137226_66812819261604301be5c7c959ada65efb7ded150114fe0416793d3images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT84nSm1NY3oINVJftdfIaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGAM4fSaH_xA3vF40hE7A47584536_598084763963252_100044461119221

10 hours ago, Braintree said:

but... what doth life?

So, I was thinking this thread could be renamed to "Now that Trump's playing  trumpet..." 

Because, reasons

re: nothing before the big bang.. sure.. it was apparently super dense everything then jesus farted and boom! existence happened and that everything filled a "void" no? i don't know. i'm sure there's a step by step of this that's sort of the official "i'm something of a scientist" version but exactly when did human consciousness develop for us to even be aware of our own existence and eventual death? 

if by "void" we mean before there were complex living organisms with consciousness then pre-big bang is probably good enough ay? unless there's some super dense super heavy infinitely hard dicked beings in the middle of all that super dense mass of everything turning to its partner and saying "hey what do you want to get for dinner tonight?" then i'd wager that everything is probably just like building blocks yo, w/o even a society to live in. 

lol donnie, the lying salesman just can't help himself...making tanks great again...and as always, he's the hero at the end of the story...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/07/02/trump-touts-brand-new-world-war-ii-era-tank-display-at-fourth-of-july-celebration/

“You’ve got to be pretty careful with the tanks, because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks," he said. “So we have to put them in certain areas, but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks."

The M4 Sherman, best known for its role in World War II, went out of service in 1957. The M1 Abrams came online in 1980.

“You know, we’re making a lot of new tanks right now,” Trump added. “We’re building a lot of new tanks in Lima, Ohio ― our great tank factory that people wanted to close down until I got elected and I stopped it from being closed down.”

Edited by zero