IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

trump was a first responder (probably even showed up there before anyone else) but he doesn't consider himself one 

also: ted cruz getting a hero's welcome at LAX

• Haha 1

I think maybe it was A$AP's management calling to thank him.

^^^ let's not forget A$AP cannot relate to black people coz he's a baller and he's not into politics. he's too busy with the jiggy fashion and inspiring drugs to talk about some non-ballers getting blasted in ferguson

They're not forcing me to do shit. I'm just gonna stay black and die. Why, because I'm black? So every time something happens because I'm black I gotta stand up? What the fuck am I, Al Sharpton now? I'm A$AP Rocky. I did not sign up to be no political activist. I wanna talk about my motherfuckin' lean, my best friend dying, the girls that come in and out of my life, the jiggy fashion that I wear, my new inspirations in drugs! I don't wanna talk about no fucking Ferguson and shit because I don't live over there! I live in fucking Soho and Beverly Hills. I can't relate. I'm in the studio; I'm in these fashion studios; I'm in these bitches' drawers. I'm not doing anything outside of that. That's my life.

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/a-ap-rocky-discusses-black-lives-matter-time-out-new-york-interview-072116

lol donnie...wtf you thinking man... donnie offers to send American firefighters over to fucking SIBERIA to help our Ruskie comrades put out a forest fire. but forest fires in a blue state like California? that's the dem's fault and the whole place can burn to the ground as far as don's concerned since, you know, they don't like him there...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/31/trump-russia-forest-fire-help-1442821

Americans of WATMM. Has Trump done anything since being in power that you would consider good, or for the better? Honestly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/01/gun-shop-billboard-the-squad-aoc-omar-tlaib-pressley

But appeals for civility appear to be falling on deaf ears. Wacholz amped up his attack when the store posted a statement on Facebook that said it planned to produce clothing with the billboard’s image.

“Alright my fellow Infidels for Trump … due to OVERWHELMING demand … you may come by the shop (next week) and get your very own FOUR HORSEMEN COMETH STICKER … simple … eat a piece of bacon … tell us you’re voting for Trump in 2020 … then get your limited edition bumper sticker! (While supplies last!) Snowflakes and Liberals are not eligible … sorry ...”

6 hours ago, Blir said:

Americans of WATMM. Has Trump done anything since being in power that you would consider good, or for the better? Honestly.

he listened to kim kardashian about giving some people clemency and letting them out of jail. <---- brand new sentence i thought no one would ever type. 

4 hours ago, goDel said:

If anyone got an idea what this bill was about, I'm all ears. Awkward for Graham to push this through the way he did

For selfish archiving purposes, this bill was about

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

he listened to kim kardashian about giving some people clemency and letting them out of jail. <---- brand new sentence i thought no one would ever type. 

lol I forgot about that, that was indeed actually a good thing

20 hours ago, Blir said:

Through actual leadership or independent moral, intellectual, or pragmatic decision making - no. Offhand he's gone along with some positive things including spurring interest in support in NASA and space exploration, albeit with bat-shit nonsense like his proposed "space force." The key difference between Trump is he's flippant and chaotic - flurries of executive orders often struck down immediately but not after their damage is done in terms of rhetoric and legal consequences. He thrives off gas-lighting, confusion, and shock.

There is too the argument, especially from hard left folks, that indirectly his presidency has essentially ushered in fundamental awareness of how fucked our system is but that's about it. Most other stuff to credit him with essentially fits the "a broken clock is right twice a day" phrase. It's a big difference too from Bush, who can't be forgiven for the Iraq War, patriot act, corporate bailouts, religious right pandering, etc. but also openly pushed for immigration reform, expanded medicare and medicaid, pushed for substantial foreign aid including fighting AIDS in Africa, etc.: tuff that hard right folks always despised.

Trump on the other hand has embraced a very cold, knee-jerk cynicism and vitriolic worldview and literally pushed for regressive laws and revoked progressive ones literally out of spite and for the sake of appeasing specific groups of Americans versus the citizenry as a whole and in terms of foreign policy he's been just as trite. We've literally imploded a major treaty with Iran for no substantive reason while literally appeasing the DPRK with no compromise on their end. We've issued travel bans in Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen - which includes a large number of refugees and even people who have assisted or fought in US interests - while giving Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the Gulf States a pass despite just as valid reasons for a ban on their citizens. Under Bush it would of been criticized heavily talked about for months, even years whereas under Trump is was overshadowed by literally dozens of other major unprecedented moves and hundreds of other questionable policy decisions.

19 hours ago, Braintree said:

He did this recently: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-signs-911-victim-compensation-fund-bill-responders/story?id=64630468

I'm sure it's more of a political strategy than an altruism, though.

I should not that bill was almost killed by Republicans - Rand Paul specifically. Part of being POTUS is signing bills into power, I wouldn't be shocked if his syphilis riddled pudding brain has no clue what he's signing half of the time. He runs off fast food and relies on his salesman grift skills honed in on after decades. 

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in case you were hoping that, behind the scenes, trump is taking seriously the russian campaign to hijack american elections, here is a recent, clear, public statement to the contrary

Edited by very honest

56 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

There is too the argument, especially from hard left folks, that indirectly his presidency has essentially ushered in fundamental awareness of how fucked our system is but that's about it.

I agree with this. And I'd also add that he has made me realize we need a better way to remove a president from power when he/she is as bad as this, instead of relying on some vaguely worded amendment that doesn't seem to do anything anyway.