IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

7 hours ago, ambergonk said:

The owner of that vehicle should be added to the FBI's terrorist watch list, for obvious reasons. Or is that more under DHS jurisdiction? Idk anymore..

Clearly just a proud American citizen ?

^ He's lying! That's exactly what he'll do! At least the locals will have guaranteed employment working at the golf courses, chain restaurants, and massage parlors that will certainly follow the hotel...

15 minutes ago, zero said:

^ He's lying! That's exactly what he'll do! At least the locals will have guaranteed employment working at the golf courses, chain restaurants, and massage parlors that will certainly follow the hotel...

actually, he'd probably outsource cheap labor. undocumented workers etc. he'd turn greenland into some kind of prison camp for immigrants. 

President Trump said Tuesday that Jews who vote for Democrats were either ignorant or disloyal.

Any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty

It wasn’t clear what he meant by “disloyalty” — and whether it be to Israel, the United States or their faith.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-american-jews-dual-loyalty-201511894.html

45 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

It wasn’t clear what he meant by “disloyalty” — and whether it be to Israel, the United States or their faith.

Of course he meant disloyal to their inner self. It's common fact that all Jewish people are born into the world as Republicans, so if they say they're a Democrat then they're lying.

2 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

I know you're theoretically not supposed to hate people for their beliefs but it's reallllllllly hard to not wish that every Trump voter would get deported to North Korea

could this guy be any more of a bratty little shit?

47 minutes ago, ignatius said:

could this guy be any more of a bratty little shit?

who knew, trust fund babby that inherited 250m and was probably literally never told "no" even one time in his entire life, is still a brat in his alzheimers infested old age.  how anyone can not realize this guy's the biggest loser you could ever meet is outside my comprehension

also he clearly loves being president for the tweeting alone, I bet it's literally his favorite part of being president, the highest level of shitposting imaginable, millions of people read your garbage and in fact you command the world's largest army to unleash upon anyone who makes fun of you

i bet he'll actually try to stop the next election if he loses

5 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

I know you're theoretically not supposed to hate people for their beliefs but it's reallllllllly hard to not wish that every Trump voter would get deported to North Korea

Why would you wish that on the people of North Korea? They have enough problems of their own to deal with...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

as absurd as this whole thing is, I wonder if Denmark/Greenland are actually concerned here? I mean you've got a mentally unstable, spoiled rich asshole who thinks like a dictator, wanting to buy your country. you laugh him off as crazy, leaving him looking like he lost the deal, which never was even serious in the first place. what sort of crazy ideas could be building up in his demented brain? I'm sure at this point either Eric or that fuck nut Don jr. have said "dad, why don't you just use the army to take it?" as crazy as it sounds, what if donnie starts "jokingly" hinting at military action? even lyin' Ted predicted that something like this might happen:

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, foresaw such a moment, saying in 2016 during the GOP presidential nominating battle that "we're liable to wake up one morning and Donald, if he were president, would have nuked Denmark."

There's already a longstanding relationship between the US and Denmark over Greenland that was cemented after WW2 for it's use militarily. Truman offered to buy it in 1946, essenitally solidifying the North as a Canadian-U.S. line strategically  but was declined. The US still has a major radar base there, one that has consolidated dozens of previous cold war era monitor stations and the Danes have allowed it to exist despite the US fuck-ups in the past, most notably a B-52 crash which required extensive cleanup of radioactive debris from nuclear bombs and an ultimately abandoned nuclear powered underground base called Camp Century. Iceland and Greenland have both cooperated with NATO to serve as strategic bases against the Soviets despite being a non-military country and a remote territory respectively. Both were occupied by UK and/or US forces during WW2 to prevent the Germans from invading and also to destroy German weather stations. 

This is one of those situations where the US military brass is letting Donald do Donald, because he's completely clueless about the nuances of the actual Danish-US relationship and it's context within NATO and broader US-European strategy. It's another chapter in managing his stupid public rants in the past with longtime allies. The Space Force thing is another good example - the US military was planning such a force for decades already - indeed the actual plan is simply building off the existing USAF space command - so they're just letting Trump talk out of his ass in the meantime. I've fallen in the trap of getting too worried about the credibility and integrity of US foreign relations being jeopardized by Trump permanently, if anything some in the US state department and military are actually capitalizing off of it in a way where they can do things and blame him. The bigger hurdle is about how much it's damaged more progressive and experienced personal pool in those entities - perhaps Trumps' worst legacy has been how much he's gutted federal agencies directly or indirectly.

Either way, Donald is perpetually eyeing it over his globalist business agenda - he gleaned some report about the Northern passage opening up for trade and wants to develop it. That's his only interest in Greenland. It's the same reason he took a liking to the DPRK, it's a massive market to be tapped. It's why he's so eager to strengthen ties with the Sauds, Turkey, Philippines, Brazil and why he wants to wheel and deal with China - he sees them as ideal authoritarian capitalist economies. Likewise his arbitrary hardliner approach with Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba has nothing to do with ideology or human rights concerns. Those countries simply refuse to negotiate and bend to US pressure. It's just an overt expression of the realpolitik approach the US has taken - Dems and GOP but mostly the latter. As with any other facet of US politics Trump is just openly saying and doing negative things the US government and it's leaders have done more subtly for decades. The biggest issue is instead how much he's shifted the possibility of nationalism and fascism truly taking root in US politics both on the national level via the GOP's platform and scope and in the form of localized militias and vigilante groups.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1