IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

On 9/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, Rubin Farr said:

i just finished woodward's audiobook and there's a part toward the end where trump is arguing for tarrifs and trump says "and fuck the soybean farmers. it will be fine. i'll buy some soybeans myself if i have to." that was a couple years ago. he had to bail out the soybean industry because of a crisis he caused, to the tune of 28 Billion. obama would be GONE. nobody even heard about it.

the soybean thing is a chinese tarrif. oddly specific and coincidentally fucking up trump's and the republican's hold on the midwest. kind of like a sly way for china to handle the trump problem.  

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, ambergonk said:

Jeezus, will we ever go back to civility in politics? 

we're currently living in the dumpster fire age of politics, but yet it's the golden age of TV. go figure.

22 minutes ago, very honest said:

this trump thing is look a good book (that is threatening life on earth)

I am unable to parse this sentence. I read it 3 times, left the thread and immediately returned to try again. What?

14 minutes ago, user said:

I am unable to parse this sentence. I read it 3 times, left the thread and immediately returned to try again. What?

lol. trump's presidency is dramatic and fascinating for those interested in following current events and politics. it's also shedding a lot of light on some social, psychological, and political issues that are interesting, current and significant. 

at the same time, for those knowledgable about how major historical breakpoints take the people of the time by surprise and spiral out of control, it is horrifying to hear things like... trump had to be talked out of tweeting an announcement that americans in south korea should evacuate...... or that he left the iran deal, which dramatically improved stability in the middle east, and has been provoking iran since then... or that he insulted kim jong un as overweight... or that he is declining to counter ongoing attacks on our elections by putin

then there's the greenhouse gas situation, the paris accord, the partisan pandering on that whole set of issues... an additional way trump threatens armaggeddon, aside form ww3

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, very honest said:

then there's the greenhouse gas situation, the paris accord, the partisan pandering on that whole set of issues... an additional way trump threatens armaggeddon, aside form ww3

speaking of armageddon - shouldn't there have been an ancient text somewhere that predicted all this? y'know, like a cave painting somewhere in utah showing a big, dumb orange man wearing a red hat and khakis, sitting on a golf course grinning while the world around him is on fire?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zero said:

speaking of armageddon - shouldn't there have been an ancient text somewhere that predicted all this? y'know, like a cave painting somewhere in utah showing a big, dumb orange man wearing a red hat and khakis, sitting on a golf course grinning while the world around him is on fire?

daniel 8 has something about a goat-stubborn king of the west who will attack persia (iran) before the end times, making his country "very great"

Edited by very honest

2 hours ago, very honest said:

lol. trump's presidency is dramatic and fascinating for those interested in following current events and politics. it's also shedding a lot of light on some social, psychological, and political issues that are interesting, current and significant. 

at the same time, for those knowledgable about how major historical breakpoints take the people of the time by surprise and spiral out of control, it is horrifying to hear things like... trump had to be talked out of tweeting an announcement that americans in south korea should evacuate...... or that he left the iran deal, which dramatically improved stability in the middle east, and has been provoking iran since then... or that he insulted kim jong un as overweight... or that he is declining to counter ongoing attacks on our elections by putin

Cheers, I get what you mean now. I'm easily confused.

2 hours ago, zero said:

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:47 PM, auxien said:

yeah that's a nice list that America, and likely most countries who've signed it, doesn't follow. 

Im just saying I think we came up with a pretty good list of things people are born deserving. 

No argument that the world collectively sucks at providing a lot on that list. But it’s important to have goals. 

And to be totes honest bbq. If you’re lucky enough to live in a developed country, the world has come a long way. 

I was reading a reddit discussion about “Gone With the Wind”.  Some one was having trouble understanding why Scarlett O’Hara was the protagonist, cause she was not a particularly nice person. But the discussion revolved around the societal context in which she existed. The difference between women’s rights back then compared to now? Incomparable.  And that’s just one way in which the world has improved. 

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have been giant clusterfucks of undeniable incompetence. More than 200,000 civilians have died as a direct result of war violence in the 18 years since that particular clusterfuck started, and the total number of deaths including those from indirect causes, could be as high as 500,000. Which is pretty shitty. 

But it’s orders of magnitude better than the 40 MILLION civilians who died in WW2. Because people put in place all sorts of measures to limit the atrocity of war. Is it perfect? Fuck no. Is it a damn sight better than what came before? Fuck yes. 

So yeah we’re not perfect at providing those rights, but it’s a process. I don’t know what the fuck this has to do with trump being president, except maybe to say that in the gloom of this media circus sideshow world, rays of light can be seen, and sometimes we need to hold on to that vision. Fuck it. Enough drinking. 

• Like 2

Pelosi meets today with her six committee chairs leading different strands of the Trump investigation.

https://www.axios.com/house-democrats-donald-trump-impeachment-momentum-cd4db4bb-71db-4a56-a46d-b67a50ea38e9.html

i really hope this is it. at this point, dems will be debating whether to fire him even after he sets fire to the white house 

pelosi holding a meeting with all house dems at 4.

looks like dems are preparing a statement demanding the whistleblower report. i'm guessing it will heavily suggest impeachment proceedings will result from continued stonewalling on that.

number of dems in support of impeachment is on the move... since this story broke it's gone from around 130 to around 150 or 160.

Former Vice President Biden is slated to announce on Tuesday that he will support impeaching President Trump if the White House does not cooperate in Congress' whistleblower inquiry.

"He's going to make the point that Trump’s latest abuses are on top of all of his prior abuses. He’s going to call on Trump to comply with all of Congress’ outstanding, lawful requests for information – in the Ukraine matter, and in the other investigations – and if Trump does not comply, Congress has no choice but to impeach."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462805-biden-to-back-impeachment-if-white-house-doesnt-cooperate-in-whistleblower

Yeah, surely this is the straw that will break the camel's back :ok:

He's been so obviously corrupt and dangerously stupid for so long now that this is just performance art at this point

Ever notice how shit-for-brains y su contujo keep doing stuff that's illegal - like criminal justice 101 textbook illegal - and don't sustain any repercussions?  Michael Coehen went to jail, but his co-conspirator? Nah.  Openly admits why he fired Comey.  Openly muses about the merits of taking dirt on opponents from foreign actors.  I wish there was a term for this but nothing comes to mind.

Prove me wrong folks, but this is how impeachment would play out IMHO:

1. House moves to impeach

2. Sustained poo flinging everywhere

3. Moscow Bitch puts thumb up ass

4. More sustained poo flinging everywhere

5. Nothing happens, cuz, you know, Senate

6. GOP can now campaign on how Dems wasted all yer taxpaer moneh, which they'd much rather have given away in tax cuts to their wealthy benefactors.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he has authorized the release Wednesday of a complete trancript (sic) of his phone call with Ukraine’s president.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/trump-says-he-authorized-the-release-of-complete-fully-declassified-and-unredacted-transcript-of-ukraine-call.html

if the transcript (trancript on cnbc) isn't incriminating, dems will be humiliated again and we'll be back to not impeaching him

49 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

He's been so obviously corrupt and dangerously stupid for so long now that this is just performance art at this point

makes you wonder how much longer he wants to keep this president "act" up. I sorta think he must be sick of doing this by now, and should be ready to retreat back to golden penthouses, mar-a-lago, dodging the IRS, and doing shady real estate deals.

remember, running for president was all a publicity stunt gone wrong back in 2015. he never thought it would actually happen, nor really wanted to be president. the showman in him loves an audience though, doesn't matter who they are, and spitting out nonsense was a lot of fun because it didn't really matter to him. it riled people up, a lot of maga type folks started latching on, russians got involved, then boom - he had no choice but to accept the fact that there's no turning back now. it could be argued that since day 1 he's just been an actor, since he doesn't really care about any of this, and just relies on his criminal/art-of-the-deal "instincts" to react to situations put right in front of him.