IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

now we wait to see if americans are ok with democracy being overthrown.

people should not shirk from jumping into the information fray. the confusion is deliberate. this is the weakness that bad actors are exploiting. the log is on fire and there's a wedge in it.

the holistic approach is to tend to your local community. that can include online places. if someone says something wrong and you don't correct it, you can be seen as lending credence to it. discussing lineages of information is a social norm that helps the information disparity. discussing validity and soundness of arguments is another. 

this assault by trump is an evil, desperate move aimed at maintaining power in order to avoid prosecution, using the weapon of confusion, and at the expense of american democracy itself. am i going too far? does that sound too extreme? why would trump do that? trump didn't want to win in 2016. he knew he would end up in trouble like this. he overtly tried to lose. he just wanted to get close. cohen testified that trump pursued the trump moscow project because he never expected to win the presidency. we've got a raccoon in the basement and it thinks it's only chance of survival is to become king of the house. and that's how it happens.

Edited by very honest

1 minute ago, very honest said:

now we wait to see if americans are ok with democracy being overthrown.

All the Trump toadies are - so about one-third of the population basically. But not me. And I'm personally hoping more military veterans will come around and realize how much of a threat he is to our democracy.

And Robert De Niro dropped some F-bombs on CNN yesterday live on air, saying "He should not be president, period. Fuck him. Fuck him." The same actor who played Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver back in 1976, who's pretty much the archetype of modern day masculinity - a central idea that Trump supporters in general have obsessed over in the last 3 years. Gotta love the irony in that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ambergonk said:

All the Trump toadies are - so about one-third of the population basically. 

really makes you wonder - is there anything he could do at this point to lose the brainwashed MAGA cult? would they care if their leader killed someone? probably not. screwed them over financially? doubtful. raped a kid? maybe...

rudy giuliani has been subpoenaed

Three House committees issued a subpoena on Monday demanding documents related to Ukraine from Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal lawyer, as part of the House's impeachment inquiry.

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/20190930 - Giuliani HPSCI Subpoena Letter.pdf

7 minutes ago, auxien said:

he’s been really going off on Twitter lately, he knows this is pretty bad.

also lol at him when he stands like this. holding in a massive dump? 05151EAD-86B4-4BA7-B79B-E01C6270F392.thumb.png.41d117b0fb00f5ba3fcd4166acca3d11.png

stands like a centaur w/o its hind legs. 

his twitter shit is off the rails of course. threatening a whistleblower is illegal and in itself an impeachable act under normal circumstances but wtf is normal these days.. who the hell knows. 

EDuEmqXXsAAiNOw?format=jpg&name=medium

EDuEmqXXoAEhKOs?format=jpg&name=small

EDuEmp_XsAA5A1Q?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, auxien said:

he’s been really going off on Twitter lately, he knows this is pretty bad.

also lol at him when he stands like this. holding in a massive dump? 05151EAD-86B4-4BA7-B79B-E01C6270F392.thumb.png.41d117b0fb00f5ba3fcd4166acca3d11.png

BURLAP! 

Australia? 

WASHINGTON — President Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William P. Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Mr. Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials with knowledge of the call.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/us/politics/trump-australia-barr-mueller.html

Was thinking the same thing actually.

Pompeo is the 4th stooge.

Sidenote: I'm getting lost in the current newscycle. This shit is unhealthy. Too much ...argh

concerned lol @ trump saying Schiff should be tried for treason for paraphrasing him (accurately). he is off his fucking rocker, and this whole thing is going to get weird

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

stands like a centaur w/o its hind legs. 

his twitter shit is off the rails of course. threatening a whistleblower is illegal and in itself an impeachable act under normal circumstances but wtf is normal these days.. who the hell knows. 

EDuEmqXXsAAiNOw?format=jpg&name=medium

EDuEmqXXoAEhKOs?format=jpg&name=small

EDuEmp_XsAA5A1Q?format=jpg&name=medium

Jeezus, he looks so god damn goofy. Looks like one of those stereotypical obese bankers/robber barons from countless political cartoons in the last century.

Congress must authorize revocation of presidential privileges ASAP

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

yeah I don't get this either. what does australia get out of helping donnie? the article says they "are ready to assist" with his delusional, scooby-doo like anti-witch hunt investigation. maybe they were responding that way out of politeness or respect, and then had a big laugh at him after he hung up the phone?

barr and trump have reached out to italy, britain, australia, and ukraine, trying to undermine the mueller report. i am wondering if barr is a little dumb and is one of these trumpers who has been drinking the cool aid ... and if he might realize. imagine barr flipping on trump. 

if he is going around to foreign intel groups, asking about the mueller investigation, i expect they will tell him stuff that corroborates mueller. so the question is: is barr actually worried about a "deep state" conspiracy? or does he know that he is shopping for foreign accomplices to bust out USA?

about the posture... he's hiding his mushroom boner

Edited by very honest

I thought it was publicly well known that the DOJ was investigating how this whole "Russia"-intelligence thing was started. Don't think it's too "out there" that the DOJ would contact foreign intell. agencies/governments. It looks to me that he had a clear mandate to contact foreign intell for his investigation.

So imo, Barr is more in trouble with the apparent legal advice to move files to the super secret server. Or his direct involvement in Trumps calls with foreign leaders. If indeed the AG was involved in this, btw. If he wasn't, Barr should be safe. 

Sorry yalls. Nothing might happen with Barr.

Edited by goDel

1 hour ago, goDel said:

I thought it was publicly well known that the DOJ was investigating how this whole "Russia"-intelligence thing was started. Don't think it's too "out there" that the DOJ would contact foreign intell. agencies/governments. It looks to me that he had a clear mandate to contact foreign intell for his investigation.

So imo, Barr is more in trouble with the apparent legal advice to move files to the super secret server. Or his direct involvement in Trumps calls with foreign leaders. If indeed the AG was involved in this, btw. If he wasn't, Barr should be safe. 

seems like they all reached out ukraine to get them to look into biden though.. which is a different matter. 

1 hour ago, goDel said:

this is kinda how I've been reading that part of the saga as well. it strikes me as unsavory and stupid, but we also knew a while ago that barr was "looking into" the oranges of the 17 angry witch hunters. i think they'll get away with that one since it isn't as blaringly obviously connected to the 2020 KAG/ugh campaign as the ukraine scandal. 

could be wrong though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goDel said:

true, but as usual in trump world, the line between valid requests of a foreign agency and discussions that turn into political favors to hold leverage over someone or something gets blurred. investigating how russia influenced the 2016 election is valid, but just like every operation donnie tries to quarterback, it very easily can drift into white collar criminal activity with a sentence or two.

just like how trump approached comey with his "are you loyal to me or not" schtick is how I interpret calls he has with other foreign leaders. either you're with him - will help him out with ANYTHING he needs - or you're going to be on his frenemies list, and will be shit out of luck next time you need anything from the USA. I know world leaders have to respond with "yep, we'll help you with this russia thing," I just think donnie interprets that as the door is open to wheel and deal with anything he needs from them.

I dunno, I know there is legit leader to leader, country to country stuff that is discussed, but trump is such a cartoon character that it's hard to take anything he does seriously...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

seems like they all reached out ukraine to get them to look into biden though.. which is a different matter. 

biden was one of two subjects that was discussed in that call. the other was about ukraine helping dnc to make it look like russia messed with the 2016 election. the cloudstrike/crowdstrike thing. this would be relevant to barrs investigation into the justification of the russian investigation.

also, barr goes beyond the ukraine call. (eg australia call...)

Edited by goDel

3 minutes ago, goDel said:

biden was one of two subjects that was discussed in that call. the other was about ukraine helping dnc to make it look like russia messed with the 2016 election. the cloudstrike/crowdstrike thing. this would be relevant to barrs investigation into the justification of the russian investigation.

also, barr goes beyond the ukraine call. (eg australia call...)

yeah true.. it all smells really fishy. the trump admin has tried to push the narrative that DNC was being helped by ukraine and that it wasn't russia meddling in the election but Ukraine.  so sick of all this shit nad just wan tto flush them all down the toilet. 

the story about biden's son and the prosecutor in Ukraine is total fabrication by the trump admin.  when biden was VP he was pushing the ukraine to make the prosecutor step down because the prosecutor was corrupt and not investigating business. biden was part of a group of people from several nations trying to get ukraine to smack down on corruption. so.. he was pushing for MORE investigations including investigating the company that his son was on the board of... it's all ridiculous spinning now..

• Like 1