IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

^^^

Art of the Steal: How to grift on the public dime. Donald J. Trump.

Trump and his cronies are literally just banking on NK being an untapped economic opportunity right? It took me forever to fully realize that US opposition to Iran is almost 100% about supporting the Sauds and Iranians not trading with the US. I knew that was the case in the 1950s coup and Shah installation but once I de-programmed myself from the post-1979 narrative of it being an evil hellhole it's obvious they've been a geopolitical thorn and nothing else. As @very honest outlined the hypocrisy is so overt it's maddening.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• russia annexed crimea from ukraine and is occupying eastern ukraine and engaging against the ukrainian military. 
  • in the whistleblower report it's alleged trump suggested that zelensky making a deal with putin would result in american favor.
  • this week zelensky signed a deal with putin

Edited by very honest

Now that it's been a year since the hit job on Jamal Khashoggi, and Donnie is still in cahoots with the Saudi government that orchestrated it, it seems like that's been mostly swept under the rug. Still no justice. I guess as long as it's carried out by government officials it doesn't count as a crime innit.

31 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Now that it's been a year since the hit job on Jamal Khashoggi, and Donnie is still in cahoots with the Saudi government that orchestrated it, it seems like that's been mostly swept under the rug. Still no justice. I guess as long as it's carried out by government officials it doesn't count as a crime innit.

guessing it's about the politics and the money. saudis are in a position such that the us depends on them one way or the other. and perhaps it could be that they have stuff on trump himself. which is why national security is such an important issue in the coming impeachment procedure. it would explain why the saudis could get away with this.

whether or not they have something on trump though, it's good to remember that the eu also allows the saudis to (largely) get away with their behaviour. so there's going to be more to it than just trump. in the end their oil production is key obviously.

*remembers the putin msb high 5-ing at one of those international summits*

• Like 1

Trump wants to be a dictator. A mob boss. He doesn’t care about reporters. Norms for freedom of the press are useless to him. The press only has value to him if it’s spewing his message. I don’t think he values human life the way the average person does so he’s fine with assassinations and getting people out of the way if they’re making trouble for him. He doesn’t want to be bothered by this kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's pretty much the end result of the long lasting "hidden" oligarchy in the US, isn't it, instead of a politician the people elect a mad king oligarch to rule and opress them.

Edited by Gocab

9 hours ago, goDel said:

guessing it's about the politics and the money. saudis are in a position such that the us depends on them one way or the other. and perhaps it could be that they have stuff on trump himself. which is why national security is such an important issue in the coming impeachment procedure. it would explain why the saudis could get away with this.

it's not just the US either, Turkey is a perfect example of another economic ally who is perpetually giving into Saudi Arabian actions. The murder is the most egregious but Jamal Khashoggi. Bin Salman has been ramping up anti-Turkish rhetoric, aimed at their support of democratic Muslim movements, their secularism and relative democracy (compared to Gulf States I mean, it's still a dictatorship), etc. Turkey has perpetually opposed the widespread destruction of historic religious and Islamic heritage sites in Mecca. Specifically the demolition of the Ajyad_Fortress which made way for the Abraj_Al_Bait monstrosity. Wahhabis place little if any value on historic sites, one of the reasons Shiite's and Iran have such animosity toward Sauds, more so arguably than any other Sunni Islamic country. Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia is not only extremely conservative but very capitalism friendly, which is why Mecca now resembles Las Vegas more than a holy site. To me they're akin to the far right mega-church evangelicals in the US, who cling to warped view of ancient theology tailored to fit contemporary capitalism, imperialism, bigotry, and appropriated secular culture like "Christian yoga" and "Christian rock" and faux hipsterdom in general.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Trump and his cronies are literally just banking on NK being an untapped economic opportunity right?

As dumb as they are, you're probably right. (NK is not a viable economic opportunity in Trump's lifetime).

9 hours ago, goDel said:

in the end their [Saudi] oil production is key obviously.

This - the other stuff is nothing burger. Their ability to control oil prices is still crazy, even with US fracking output. Still, at some point in the future, oil will cease to be so important (scarcity won't be the issue, there will be cleaner/cheaper ways to manufacture many of the goods that use oil-based plastic now), so the Saudis are going to have to do something to keep themselves relevant.

• Like 1

looks like trump will dirty up pence.. maybe if the impeachment actually happens and they can get him out of office he'll take pence w/him and force republicans to choose between him and a President Pelosi.. 

this is all gonna get pretty weird.. even weirder than where we're at.  trump admin is all dirty. all the "adults" resigned ages ago in frustration. 

i do wish the media would grab onto Stephen Miller since all the horrible policies seem to come from his incel fuck face hate brain. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

looks like trump will dirty up pence.. maybe if the impeachment actually happens and they can get him out of office he'll take pence w/him and force republicans to choose between him and a President Pelosi.. 

mike pence is an absolute pussy of a man. I so hope that donnie ends up throwing him under the bus for good, and pence has no choice but to rise up against his dipshit master. seeing he and donnie publicly go at it would be one of the greatest meltdown moments in political history. 

On 10/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Nebraska said:

welp- if pence pulls a "white house" and doesn't hand over the documents- what happens? will the dems just file that under "obstruction of justice" and move on?

interfering with congress's oversight function goes toward "contempt of congress," which was one of the articles nixon got, in addition to obstruction of justice

Edited by very honest

Apparently, GOP movers and shakers know Trump is a toxic tornado of fuckery and are looking for an off ramp, but know all available options will have dire political consequences for the party. So they're just like, waiting for someone in congress to be The First One that condemns Trump, publicly supports impeachment and gets the ball rolling. A lot of it really is just political pressure, but some of these cunts really are blackmailed, so LOL

41 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Apparently, GOP movers and shakers know Trump is a toxic tornado of fuckery and are looking for an off ramp, but know all available options will have dire political consequences for the party. So they're just like, waiting for someone in congress to be The First One that condemns Trump, publicly supports impeachment and gets the ball rolling. A lot of it really is just political pressure, but some of these cunts really are blackmailed, so LOL

romney or some group breaking would help others. those 50 dudes are team players though. look at the kavanaugh vote. the GOP senate, or at least enough of it, very well may bite down and shield stable genius because they think it's good for the party. flake said 35 of them would remove trump if the vote were secret. that's what slimey pieces of shit they are.

the dems can now bring their attention back to the problem they had before trump got elected - the republicans. trump was in some ways the result of the republican situation, and the dems can rightly allow impeachment proceedings to illustrate to the public the GOP senate's moral bankruptcy. 

there's a lot of talk about whether or not to roll up everything into articles of impeachment or to keep it simple and straightforward. i.e., include mueller and emoluments, etc, or just make it about soliciting investigations into political opponents.

talking heads bat this topic around but i don't think there's a chance the dems will leave articles out. pelosi stated that she's directed all committee chairs to proceed with their investigations under the umbrella of impeachment. the simple reason is that when the articles go to the senate, a senator only has to think that 1 of the counts merits impeachment to vote yes. so i would be very surprised if the democrats rushed the articles and left the mueller obstruction cases out. same with the contempt of congress count from the mueller stuff.

it's not that the dems want to drag this out, but impeachment proceedings may continue into next year, and it will just grow worse and worse for republicans to shield dumpster. the next year, including much of 2020 election season, could be overshadowed by republicans shielding mushroom duck from more and more heinous offences with clearer and clearer evidence laid out more and more for the public with consensus on the logical reality building more and more. 

Edited by very honest

I think it’ll be a big deal when we get his taxes in some form and people can see just how mobbed up/fake rich he is. It will seem even more ridiculous to defend him and his whole image will disintegrate right in front of all his supporters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

I think it’ll be a big deal when we get his taxes in some form and people can see just how mobbed up/fake rich he is. It will seem even more ridiculous to defend him and his whole image will disintegrate right in front of all his supporters. 

I think it'll cause a portion to break off, but remember Trump has said before that "he was just working in the system" and I'm sure his excuse will work again. I think he'd keep most of his support.

Edited by Brisbot

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah fuck Rick Perry, right Joyrex?  As a Texan lol

Ah Rick Perry. When he stands in the same room as W, the latter is referred to as "the smart one." The guy who barely passed agriculture classes at A&M, claims to have shot a coyote with a laser guided pistol, and ended up running the DOE, an agency he couldn't remember the name of when he advocated dissolving it.

Now he's this litmus test for just how much of kakistocracy Trump's white house is, because this dingbat wannabe cowboy has emerged as one of the more benign cabinet heads and seemingly tried to actually do his job in a way he sincerely thought was good for the public. The last interview I heard with him he was literally acknowledging the issue of climate change and giving real answers sans jabs at liberals or tangents to bullshit talking points. He's still a oil and gas industry stooge, an insufferably slick politician, Tea Party grifter, and religious right enabling douchebag but I have to admit he's probably going to emerge as one of these GOP politicians who finally decided there was a limit to their shameless aspirations of power.

Edited by joshuatxuk

17 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Ah Rick Perry. When he stands in the same room as W, the latter is referred to as "the smart one." The guy who barely passed agriculture classes at A&M, claims to have shot a coyote with a laser guided pistol, and ended up running the DOE, an agency he couldn't remember the name of when he advocated dissolving it.

Now he's this litmus test for just how much of kakistocracy Trump's white house is, because this dingbat wannabe cowboy has emerged as one of the more benign cabinet heads and seemingly tried to actually do his job in a way he sincerely thought was good for the public. The last interview I heard with him he was literally acknowledging the issue of climate change and giving real answers sans jabs at liberals or tangents to bullshit talking points. He's still a oil and gas industry stooge, an insufferably slick politician, Tea Party grifter, and religious right enabling douchebag but I have to admit he's probably going to emerge as one of these GOP politicians who finally decided there was a limit to their shameless aspirations of power.

Remember this nugget?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/rick-perry-energy-secretary-nuclear-arsenal/amp