IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Damn, Giulani really channeling his inner Uncle Fester there.

Haha, I was about to say something similar when I posted that pic - "Giulanni must have been on his way for Uncle Fester tryouts at Barron's school play"

1 hour ago, colunga said:

owen wilson needs to play trump at some point in the future. age him up, fatten him up all that

tumblr_o2hwwmspef1qz5otxo1_500.png

Seems like the film industry is too chickenshit to produce anything of political satire anymore. Even during the Dubya years we had Fahrenheit 911 and Iraq For Sale (both indie documentaries, but still). Hell, even Team America took jabs at both sides of the political spectrum in the early years of the Iraq invasion.

• Like 1

Damn I actually secretly want a signed MAGA hat to have for the future... but no way im payin 5k for it... in fact... in the "SHARPIE SPIRIT"  of our Prez - it might make more sense to forge his signature and just claim it was actually signed by him. I think DT would have done the same ?

On 10/11/2019 at 2:40 PM, hello spiral said:

I'd say Giulanni is resembling the Bluth patriarch from Arrested Development. With equal understanding of the legal system

in other news

image.png.e74633850b1adca2d14f190310e9adf7.pngimage.png.3339c36cf9bc9f7213093eb3ed9fae39.png

Something something socialized medicine something something commie scum

i guess this is the time when the courts are getting around to getting through some of the things that had been pending, regarding stuff like mueller evidence and tax returns. 

what i'm really interested in right now is this: trump released the call record that is the central evidence of the charge that has a majority of votes in the house - why. trump consulted with mcconnell and mcconnell told him to - why. mcconnell played out the chess. if the dems didn't have the evidence then they would spend time getting it. this means they would not be in a position to move forward until ... likely next year. this prospect concerned mitch mcconnell so much that he told trump to release the smoking gun - why. 

if the dems didn't have all they needed right now to move forward with impeachment based on ukraine, alone, then they would be more likely to have what they need to move forward with the obstruction of justice offenses detailed by mueller as well, by the time they get what they need to move forward with the ukraine offenses. by that point it would be Q1 2020 and impeachment would have been dominating the media since now. dems could have tax stuff and emoluments stuff to throw in the articles by that point, too.

this is what i'm saying: instead of rushing a lightweight set of articles of impeachment that are unlikely to pass in the senate, the dems could achieve a blue wave and actually get trump removed from office if they do this the way they're supposed to, and hold trump accountable for everything. mcconnell wants this over soon because he knows that, in the end, if trump's not removed by a 2/3 senate vote then impeachment was ultimately a failure and republicans can campaign on that. but if the impeachment articles are too numerous and the proceedings lengthy and damning enough then the republican senate could have no choice but to remove him from office and they will suffer a blue wave as well.

i think mcconnell is so scared of this that he told trump to release his impeachment smoking gun. he's hoping the democrats will do articles based on ukraine alone, and soon. 3 republican senators announced they're not running for reelection. romney speaks up against trump. a block of 4 breaking off gives cover to others. none of them are going to SAY they would vote to remove yet... they are the jurors. they won't say for as long as possible, because of that, but you can see them being undecided. jeff flake said at least 35 senate republicans would remove in a private vote - at least 35 out of 52.

Edited by very honest

really hoping trump just freaks out on camera soon in a more than the usual sputtering bullshit kind of way. it'd be nice if he was visibly panicked in a way that was too obvious to hide. he needs to be embarrassed and humiliated. this is when he'll make the desperate decisions and start throwing people under the bus.  he has this bizarre form of composure nad comfort in front of his base at rallies.. when he's speaking to 'his people'. all that shit needs to uncomfortable for him. 

whatever happens.. if this progresses and has real teeth etc it's gonna get more weird and probably more ugly. 

Beto is like an GOP plant at this point. He just gave them a huge win for talking about taxing the Catholic Church, as delicious as the idea sounds. This is why you can’t just placate college students and expect to win an election. You have to be sorta liberal but not be “us against them” about everything. Pick your hills to die on.

This is why Barr did his “secular people are bad” speech. Don’t take that bait.

Edited by Candiru

On 10/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, ignatius said:

he needs to be embarrassed and humiliated.

This is all I can really hope for. Impeachment, being jailed for tax fraud or various white collar crimes, etc. I don't think are ever going to happen. But if someone he really idolizes (Putin) could badly publicly humiliate him, then I'll count that as a win in the karmic retribution column. Of course I want worse to happen to the guy, but have to keep realistic expectations.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, azatoth said:

You know this idiot will keep voting Trump/GOP no matter what.

as he should.

if he changes his tune now, he'll be deemed a rino and his past loyalty to the GEOTUS will be nullified. not to mention if there was universal healthcare in greatest country on earth- all the illegals would be pouring here with all their diseases to get freebies. 

so correct me if I'm wrong, but is this more or less a recap of donnie's current Syria/Turkey strategy?

- trump orders troops removed from northern Syria, giving Turkey the green light to invade.

- trump threatens to "totally destroy and obliterate" Turkey and shut down their economy if they invade Syria.

- Turkey ignores trump and invades Syria because no more US troops, which trump ordered.

- trump says "only 50 guys or so" were there anyway, therefore not his fault, and troop removal played no part in Turkey's decision to invade.

- a bunch of people get mad at trump, but US doesn't does anything to stop Turkey, so Turkey keeps invading.

- trump decides to act but doesn't follow through with obliterating Turkey, instead slaps them with sanctions thinking this will stop them from invading.

- Turkey doesn't care, ignores sanctions, keeps invading.

36 minutes ago, zero said:

so correct me if I'm wrong, but is this more or less a recap of donnie's current Syria/Turkey strategy?

- trump orders troops removed from northern Syria, giving Turkey the green light to invade.

- trump threatens to "totally destroy and obliterate" Turkey and shut down their economy if they invade Syria.

- Turkey ignores trump and invades Syria because no more US troops, which trump ordered.

- trump says "only 50 guys or so" were there anyway, therefore not his fault, and troop removal played no part in Turkey's decision to invade.

- a bunch of people get mad at trump, but US doesn't does anything to stop Turkey, so Turkey keeps invading.

- trump decides to act but doesn't follow through with obliterating Turkey, instead slaps them with sanctions thinking this will stop them from invading.

- Turkey doesn't care, ignores sanctions, keeps invading.

actually trump gave a clear and explicit green light in the initial whitehouse statement, on oct 6. here is the first paragraph:

Today, President Donald J. Trump spoke with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey by telephone. Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria. The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial “Caliphate,” will no longer be in the immediate area.

from the oct 6 statement at whitehouse.gov

trump just later lied and said that he didn't give the green light.

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

The level of Turkey apologetic and doublespeak I've seen around the invasion on reddit, an invasion literally aimed to annihilate the most progressive and democratic region in the middle east, is quite disturbing. People literally implying that Rojava deserves to be invaded because they're "commies," this sudden loyalty to the idea of Turkey being some crucial NATO ally (they're actually one of the least reliable), this shoehorned call for "isolation / non-intervention" for the same base who want more overseas op spending. Lot of boot-licking of the regime there. Morality aside, they're also completely missing the fact that the Pentagon is pissed because it's jeopardized the situation of 1000s of ISIL fighters detained by the Kurdish forces. They're still running in SOF forces via helicopters to scoop up whatever high-level ISIL detainees than can. Experts have advised against pulling out US forces for that very reason, and it speaks volumes that Syrian government (Assad forces) and the Kurds entered into a ceasefire and truce to push back Turkey.

Edited by joshuatxuk

59 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

The level of Turkey apologetic and doublespeak I've seen around the invasion on reddit, an invasion literally aimed to annihilate the most progressive and democratic region in the middle east, is quite disturbing. People literally implying that Rojava deserves to be invaded because they're "commies," this sudden loyalty to the idea of Turkey being some crucial NATO ally (they're actually one of the least reliable), this shoehorned call for "isolation / non-intervention" for the same base who want more overseas op spending. Lot of boot-licking of the regime there. Morality aside, they're also completely missing the fact that the Pentagon is pissed because it's jeopardized the situation of 1000s of ISIL fighters detained by the Kurdish forces. They're still running in SOF forces via helicopters to scoop up whatever high-level ISIL detainees than can. Experts have advised against pulling out US forces for that very reason, and it speaks volumes that Syrian government (Assad forces) and the Kurds entered into a ceasefire and truce to push back Turkey.

A lot of them are probably bots. Or just idiots.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:46 PM, Nebraska said:

and now pence and giuliani refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry

https://www.axios.com/mike-pence-house-impeachment-inquiry-c3812c61-e1bb-4212-bbb2-7a0544b6d5c6.html

how do the dems respond? they'll hold off the impeachment inquiry

she's not a fucking idiot. she's cautious and careful and perhaps a touch slow on the trigger, but this isn't necessarily a bad quality for someone in her position....obviously, since she's held it for what, over a decade? if she's doing things like this there's likely a reason...and if not, we'll hear about it, and she'll follow where her party and the evidence and the general populace leads. y'all calm down and let shit play. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, auxien said:

she's not a fucking idiot. she's cautious and careful and perhaps a touch slow on the trigger, but this isn't necessarily a bad quality for someone in her position....obviously, since she's held it for what, over a decade? if she's doing things like this there's likely a reason...and if not, we'll hear about it, and she'll follow where her party and the evidence and the general populace leads. y'all calm down and let shit play. 

yep i know she's not an idiot.. it seems there's been ample opportunity to put pressure on some the people refusing to cooperate and they've yet to make an example of anyone. they wouldn't have to take a vote to do any of that. 

perhaps they're waiting for ever single democrat to fall in line.. even those 7 who are in districts that Trump won. 

dems are really just waiting until they have that smoking gun or whatever.. until they really have him by the balls w/o any doubt etc etc... but who knows if that's going to come. trump has no shame and will not resign like nixon did. they'll really have to put their foot sup his ass to get anywhere with him and his people.