IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Just about every day of the past two years has had ridiculously crazy news, but today had to have been one of the most batshit insane news days in history. 
Bottom line: Russia owns our country now and republicans are pretty much cool with it. 

Spoiler

spacer.png
I’m going to have to go with footloose, all the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

John Lithgow is just brilliant always in everything ever that he does. 

Brian de Palma really brings out Lithgow's best imo

image.png.803b6221e89306714d9d3583bf3ae236.png

6 hours ago, Drum Up said:

Brian de Palma really brings out Lithgow's best imo

image.png.803b6221e89306714d9d3583bf3ae236.png

lol, Raising Cain is some next level 90s awfulness.  I remember the audience groaning when it ended.  It does look like he's gonna slay Roger Ailes, the man is a chameleon.

IMG_8058.JPG

22 minutes ago, Squee said:

What does any of that mean?

the house republicans who bum-rushed the secure conference room on bogus pretense were trying to get arrested by capital police, but failed to. it speaks to how this was a stunt intended to distract, confuse, and falsely frame democrats as aggressors.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

^ in the "donnieverse" alternate reality that we are currently in, the "rules" only apply if they agree with them, and are "phony" "fake news" "wrong" if they don't...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

^ in the "donnieverse" alternate reality that we are currently in, the "rules" only apply if they agree with them, and are "phony" "fake news" "wrong" if they don't...

yes. obviously. but it's still worth mentioning. ?

As chaotic as things seem now, I think it's only gonna ramp up from here. Once the election gets in full swing one year from now (assuming Trump is still in office), there could be right-wing terror attacks everywhere in attempts at voter intimidation. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a hunch.

Barr’s new fake investigation seems lame and desperate and it’s likely to piss off the FBI, CIA, and is probably as smart as sticking a fork in an electrical outlet while fucking a porcupine on pcp

22 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Barr’s new fake investigation seems lame and desperate and it’s likely to piss off the FBI, CIA, and is probably as smart as sticking a fork in an electrical outlet while fucking a porcupine on pcp

the porcupine is on PCP or Barr is on PCP?  

11 hours ago, ambergonk said:

As chaotic as things seem now, I think it's only gonna ramp up from here. Once the election gets in full swing one year from now (assuming Trump is still in office), there could be right-wing terror attacks everywhere in attempts at voter intimidation. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a hunch.

I'm betting we might see an attack on election day, or polling places.  Donnie will ramp up the crazies over the next year hoping for just such an event.

it's far worse than that. we need to stop hoping we're not heading toward a civil war / authoritarian takeover and start acting like now is the time when we can prevent it.

right now, best case scenario is that this 250 year-old machine fires up, runs, and disposes of an attempted overthrow. the frog water heated over a few years but we're there.

Edited by very honest