IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

And you clearly have a pro-Greenwald bias

Greenwald goes out of his way to defend Russia from criticism

or when that's impossible he will downplay such criticism by contrasting it with America's problems

The fact that you don't see that--or won't even entertain the idea--is evidence of your bias

He is not defending Russia from criticism. He is pointing out the hypocrisy in criticizing Russia/Ecuador/etc. etc. but staying silent on the American government doing very similar things. And he's right in that journalists would have a much greater chance of affecting change in America than in any of those other places, because America is actually a country where change can happen from citizens' pressure. And to do so is not to support Putin or Russia.

If I say "Crack is bad, but so is meth", I'm not suggesting you rush out and start smoking rock. Likewise "Russia's government does bad things, but so does America's" does not suggest that Russia is a wonderful place full of pixie dust and rainbows, and that Putin gives the best blowjobs in the world.

Let's talk about something related to both your dislike of Greenwald and the US presidential election.

How do you feel about Greenwald's support of Sanders?

He is not defending Russia from criticism. He is pointing out the hypocrisy in criticizing Russia/Ecuador/etc. etc. but staying silent on the American government doing very similar things. And he's right in that journalists would have a much greater chance of affecting change in America than in any of those other places, because America is actually a country where change can happen from citizens' pressure. And to do so is not to support Putin or Russia.

If I say "Crack is bad, but so is meth", I'm not suggesting you rush out and start smoking rock. Likewise "Russia's government does bad things, but so does America's" does not suggest that Russia is a wonderful place full of pixie dust and rainbows, and that Putin gives the best blowjobs in the world.

Let's talk about something related to both your dislike of Greenwald and the US presidential election.

How do you feel about Greenwald's support of Sanders?

I think me and GG are on the same page about Sanders and Clinton

I would love to see Clinton thrown in prison and Sanders in the White House...But actually I am rather optimistic about the future of American politics in light of the last month...Bernie has roused lefties the way Occupy did...and while in some ways we Americans have a short collective memory politically, I actually think these corruption revelations will hang around the way Watergate and Monica Lewinsky did, and as a result our collective tolerance for bullshit will take a steep dip (for a few years, at least)

Sure, under president Trump, the people of America will not tolerate bullshit. He will win the election, but immediately be kicked out of office again. Would that make Mike Pence the next president?

I found it weird when Bill Clinton started chanting "Lock her up! Lock her up!" during his speech last night.

So, was it the Russians or was it not?

Finally, they asked Julian Assange about this. Julian Assange who, after all, is the guy who published the leaks.

See his answer: https://youtu.be/ON4t85oX99E?t=647 (at 10min46sec)

About the so-called "experts" who say the hack was made by Russia:

"Clinton's campaign manager was asked by Jake Tapper who are these experts, can you name them? The answer was no, a refusal to name the experts."

About sourcing:

"We never reveal our sources, obviously."

"No one knows who our sources are. It's stricly speculation."

Who else, then, could have hacked the DNC?

"The DNC has been hacked dozens and dozens of times (extensively) over the last few years."

So, is this simply another smoke screen, another example of diversion tactics in modern politics? According to Julian Assange, of course it is! I wonder who I should be believing here... Hillary Clinton and the DNC, James Comey and the FBI, Loretta Lynch and the DOJ or Julian Assange and Wikileaks? :emb:

Well Trump has thrown some love Putin's way. It wouldn't surprise me if Vlad tried to poison the waters for Hilary to find a better dancing partner in Trump.

Have you read the article at the intercept that was posted earlier? Amongst other things, it links to this: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/bears-midst-intrusion-democratic-national-committee/

So, lets say some people hacked the DNC servers. And some of those people operated from Russia, or had Russian nationality. Would that entail the Russian government was behind it? Not necessarily, of course.

The problem is not finding out who the hacker was, or were. The problem is whether or not Russian officials were aware of what was going on. And what their involvement was.

At this point, we simply don't know. And the fact that Assange calls this a smoke screen discredits his opinion, imo. Simply because he doesn't know all the facts. Even if he knows who gave the data to wikileaks. So Assanges opinion is irrelevant at this point, imo.

And in a move strangely summarizing all of Trump's base, the guy suing Trump ('s campaign) still might vote for Trump.

correct, this is why regardless of what is revealed about his campaign, or who speaks out against trump it never seems to hurt him.

https://youtu.be/WYBJZIfZYq8

Donald J. Trump said Wednesday that he hoped Russia had hacked Hillary Clinton’s email, essentially encouraging an adversarial foreign power’s cyberspying on a secretary of state’s correspondence.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, staring directly into the cameras during a press conference. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

https://youtu.be/gNa2B5zHfbQ

that was actually good cynical fun tho, it's what he's best at..

it looked like he had crumpled recently, but the woolly balloon is fully erect again