1 hour ago, luke viia said:

trump, if he's naturally talented at anything, is quite good at implementing classic psych tricks to be persuasive. he asks for favors, nods when he speaks, and uses language suggesting that you already agree with him. clearly this doesn't work on people who already think he's a horrible doofus, but for his fans, it's super effective!

that's one of many frustrating things about him...his con man skills are actually pretty laughable when compared to some of the more calculated schemers (Ponzi, Madoff, etc.), yet millions of people fell for his stupid bullshit anyway. it really brings into view just how many gullible, easy prey people there are out there who buy into insane, clearly wrong verbal nonsense...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zero said:

that's one of many frustrating things about him...his con man skills are actually pretty laughable when compared to some of the more calculated schemers (Ponzi, Madoff, etc.), yet millions of people fell for his stupid bullshit anyway. it really brings into view just how many gullible, easy prey people there are out there who buy into insane, clearly wrong verbal nonsense...

Said people out there had a false sense of desperation in 2016...manifested out of xenophobia (never mind that white people weren't America's first inhabitants) and a fear that their Second Amendment rights would be stripped of them. I'd argue that Rupert Murdoch is partly to blame for stoking this paranoia. And then we saw the beginnings of the Tea Party movement a decade ago which was more or less a precursor to the MAGA cult, which I think was little more than reactionary zeal over the fact that it was the first time a black man became POTUS.

They should ask themselves though -  what is their true purpose, besides perpetual spoon-fed anger? Does independent thought matter to them? Or do they prioritize on the fear of being ostracized and then vilified by their peers?

My guess is, his celebrity status combined with his decades of media presence and vaguely political opinions was enough for people too simply ignore all the BS coming from his orange painted mouth.

And I suspect there's plenty people with similar narcissistic traits who "understand" him and "get" where he's coming from. Thats the thing you see from time to time where people feel the need to explain Trump to those who don't understand him. You can recognize them by their ability to look past the nonsense and deduce the deeper Trump "logic".

The Freud in me would argue that these people grew up with a "strong" parent who gaslighted them into some form of docile slave. These people get warm and fuzzy feelings when Trump talks. As they've grew up to be dependent on some kind of gaslighter giving them a sense of direction. This might be more normal ( prevalent) than you'd expect. 

I got a whiff of that as well, tbh. So, take this with a grain of salt. 

• Like 3

After he won, I wondered how we are supposed to carry on as a society, surrounded by all of these idiots that changed history by being idiots. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goDel said:

My guess is, his celebrity status combined with his decades of media presence and vaguely political opinions was enough for people too simply ignore all the BS coming from his orange painted mouth. 

yeah, I think his celebrity was a big part of it. after all, he was the guy forcefully yelling "you're fired" on the apprentice. I'm voting for him!

so then maybe dems should rethink their strategy...try to recruit a hollywood celeb to throw their hat in the race. if all it takes is a recognizable face, talking loudly, and having an inkling of political knowledge, then why not get a celeb everyone already knows? I know governator Arnold would love the chance to do it, but unfortunately can't. I've joked before that Stephen Colbert would be pretty awesome...he could alternate between his right wing "colbert report" persona and his liberal Letterman gig persona to appease the group he's speaking to. 

• Facepalm 3

Greta Thunberg won TIME's PotY 2019. Not a coincidence. Just shows what petty, insecure incels they are in the War Room.

EDIT: Looks like I mentioned what was already obvious. I didn't realize earlier that Trump's Whore Room indeed edited that very TIME cover.

Edited by ambergonk
  • Like 1

• Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

You need star like qualities and I don't see any with the Dems. Biden maybe 6 years ago. But he seems like his heads not in the game. He's had a tough life. 

Edited by marf

23 hours ago, Nebraska said:

FOX News sure love their middle-aged blondes.

1 hour ago, marf said:

You need star like qualities and I don't see any with the Dems. Biden maybe 6 years ago. But he seems like his heads not in the game. He's had a tough life. 

I think he's legit falling apart mentally, just like Trump. 

jfc

• Like 1

Remember - every time Donnie gaslights, he is actually projecting.

Also, Trump's Whore Room is a waste of our planet's oxygen.

14 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Why is he saying it like it’s actually happening? I’ve been away for a day but I don’t suppose anything as magical as that has actually happened. 

19 hours ago, Squee said:

Why is he saying it like it’s actually happening? I’ve been away for a day but I don’t suppose anything as magical as that has actually happened. 

articles of impeachment were sent from the judiciary committee to the full house. floor vote scheduled wednesday and expected to pass.

in january mcconnell and graham will try to smother america in a senate trial and we will see if america gets out of bed and kicks their ass.

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, very honest said:

in january mcconnell and graham will try to smother america in a senate trial and we will see if america gets out of bed and kicks their ass.

it won't. impeachment will die in the senate because the democrats are playing this wrong and the republicans care about staying in office more than the constitution. 

2 hours ago, auxien said:

it won't. impeachment will die in the senate because the democrats are playing this wrong and the republicans care about staying in office more than the constitution. 

Unfortunately yeah, I think this is exactly what is going to happen.

Is voting for impeachment done by secret ballot? Not that it would help much anyways but I figure at least some republicans want drumpf out of office.

Edited by StephenG

Non-religious nativity scene with "Eternity Baby"..:cisfor:

ELwkKhwVUAAVIjj.jpg

Lol, I thought I was in the Funny Pictures thread. Mods please delete..

40 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Unfortunately yeah, I think this is exactly what is going to happen.

Is voting for impeachment done by secret ballot? Not that it would help much anyways but I figure at least some republicans want drumpf out of office.

a secret vote is possible but it would take 51 votes to enact it. that means 4 GOP senators vote with dems.