IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Current policies that exacerbate systemic discrimination can be found here: https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2018/02/21/447051/systematic-inequality/

Support and protect intentional policy changes for fair housing

As the data in this report reflects, making policy changes to close the black-white wealth gap must be an intentional process. In 2015, the Obama administration finalized a new regulation aimed at clarifying and strengthening a key provision in the Fair Housing Act that requires the U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to “affirmatively further fair housing.”61 The rule requires any community receiving housing block grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to decrease residential segregation; eradicate racially or ethnically concentrated areas of poverty; reduce unequal access to community resources; and narrow gaps that result in disproportionate housing needs among vulnerable communities.62 The Obama administration required participating communities to demonstrate that they were pursuing these goals by submitting an Assessment of Fair Housing. Early this year, current HUD Secretary Ben Carson postponed the date by which jurisdictions are required to submit assessments to October 2020.63 Doing so places this rule, aimed at intentionally helping to improve housing desegregation efforts, at risk.

Several key factors exacerbate this vicious cycle of wealth inequality. Black households, for example, have far less access to tax-advantaged forms of savings, due in part to a long history of employment discrimination and other discriminatory practices. A well-documented history of mortgage market discrimination means that blacks are significantly less likely to be homeowners than whites,3 which means they have less access to the savings and tax benefits that come with owning a home. Persistent labor market discrimination and segregation also force blacks into fewer and less advantageous employment opportunities than their white counterparts.4 Thus, African Americans have less access to stable jobs, good wages, and retirement benefits at work5— all key drivers by which American families gain access to savings. Moreover, under the current tax code, families with higher incomes receive increased tax incentives associated with both housing and retirement savings.6 Because African Americans tend to have lower incomes, they inevitably receive fewer tax benefits—even if they are homeowners or have retirement savings accounts. The bottom line is that persistent housing and labor market discrimination and segregation worsen the damaging cycle of wealth inequality.

Literally 1 minute of using google. However, since I don't believe you ( @brian trageskin ) are arguing in good faith, I believe you will ignore this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Current policies that exacerbate systemic discrimination can be found here: https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2018/02/21/447051/systematic-inequality/

Literally 1 minute of using google. However, since I don't believe you ( @brian trageskin ) are arguing in good faith, I believe you will ignore this.

i'll check this out and evaluate the arguments, cheers mate 

reading the posts above i've got a sneaking suspicion people have vastly different ideas on what systemic racism means.

if some "higher ups" have racist views, or a certain part of the population has consciously or unconsciously racist "views" (i'll put some "'s here because what the hell is an unconscious view!? i hope you catch the drift), does that imply systemic racism? 

please don't read this as some wagging finger post trying tell explain what systemic racism is, because honestly, i'd expect this to be a discussion in and of itself. is racism systemic if the laws are completely clean of all forms of racism, but people executing them unconsciously have some bias? what about consciously?

we're not discussing whether cops in the us (or anywhere really...) have biases wrt to certain groups of people, right?

wouldn't surprise me if dear brian comes from the viewpoint where you look at laws and see no specific racially driven articles. but that's different from people having actually the same opportunities in a society, given their racial background. 

so yeah, please explain what you mean with systemic racism, because you can go everywhere with however you define it

Edited by goDel

anyway...

romney, collins, and murkowski now clearly signalling witness votes. that's 3. CJ Roberts breaks ties. Still 4 days before witness vote, apparrently friday. trump defense finishes their "case" today/tomorrow, then there are 2 days of questioning by the senate directed towards both the impeachment managers and the trump defense team. the count can only grow. it looks like bolton testimony is happening.

and nyt reported last night that bolton is establishing first-hand direction by trump of US aid conditionality on Ukraine announcing investigations of both the Bidens and the GRU theory whitewashing 2016 hack&dump attribution. senate gop are worried they might not be able to get away with covering this up.

Edited by very honest

don't be surprised if the gop allow bolton to play witness, and give trump a freebe anyways. regardless of any incriminating testimonies bolton might make. the "we already know that shit" is baked into the current outcome anyways.

(trump supporters dont give a shit)

Edited by goDel

50 minutes ago, goDel said:

don't be surprised if the gop allow bolton to play witness, and give trump a freebe anyways

Yeah they're already throwing out the "So what if he did it, it's not a crime!" spin.

• Like 1

the only plus i can imagine is that more potential voters think this has to end and can only end by vote in the 2020 elections. the gop will be painfully open about being unable to push back against trumpster. so some swingvoters might swing the blue way coming elections. i really don't think this will have the same impact as the clinton imp. trial in 98.

Bolton Told Barr He Was Worried Trump Was Doing Favors For Xi And Erdogan, Book Reportedly Says -

In response, Barr reportedly expressed his own concerns — specifically, that Trump had made it look as if he had an undue influence over independent investigations that affected the two countries in question, China and Turkey.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nyt-bolton-told-barr-he-was-worried-trump-was-doing-favors-for-xi-erdogan

This shit never stops getting more bonkers.

Lol. What a bunch of psychos.

-Paula White, Trump's "spiritual adviser" and a prominent Christian hustler, has claimed that Democrats, liberals and others who oppose Trump are possessed by the devil and demonic forces.-

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/28/donald-trump-and-his-demons-why-the-assault-on-democracy-will-get-worse/

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Lol. What a bunch of psychos.

-Paula White, Trump's "spiritual adviser" and a prominent Christian hustler, has claimed that Democrats, liberals and others who oppose Trump are possessed by the devil and demonic forces.-

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/28/donald-trump-and-his-demons-why-the-assault-on-democracy-will-get-worse/

deliberately circulating deceptive information at large scale is a serious public safety hazard. Fox, the GOP, and all these grinning shit-heads are making eternal fools of themselves by contributing to the collective mental degradation.

Edited by very honest

38 minutes ago, very honest said:

deliberately circulating deceptive information at large scale is a serious public safety hazard. Fox, the GOP, and all these grinning shit-heads are making eternal fools of themselves by contributing to the collective mental degradation.

small point: they’re sustaining ignorance and encouraging it at all levels and at all times. they’re not fools, they’re charlatans and worse. some of the participants are fools, but the widespread concerted effort to maintain and perpetuate a culture of the uninformed both now and for decades, perhaps generations, isn’t the result of a foolish endeavor: it’s purposeful and coordinated to varying degrees. it is dangerous, you’re very correct there ? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, auxien said:

small point: they’re sustaining ignorance and encouraging it at all levels and at all times. they’re not fools, they’re charlatans and worse. some of the participants are fools, but the widespread concerted effort to maintain and perpetuate a culture of the uninformed both now and for decades, perhaps generations, isn’t the result of a foolish endeavor: it’s purposeful and coordinated to varying degrees. it is dangerous, you’re very correct there ? 

i try to envision the distant future, and how our time is being digitally captured in detail for future generations to examine. they will be fascinated by this time, when we are transitioning from the archaic information ecosystem to a new one, which is and will be vastly different. we don't yet know the ultimate form that is taking shape, and we don't yet know the full import of what is happening. 

so, yeah, i agree with you on your points. i'm just trying to highlight the error of all these unserious shills, which will be on display for all of the future.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, auxien said:

you're prolly right, but there comes a point where my conclusion is: idiots. if you can explain things by "stupidity" instead of "bad intentions", it might be just that. idiots who happen to agree they don't need coordination to push their narrative.

but please ignore me. i'm just posting from the other side of the planet. (we do have plenty idiots here as well, btw. not that it helps...!?)

^ Ha! I actually watched that Hannity clip and knew I'd seen the phrase "Thought Crimes" mentioned somewhere before...it was an HBO doc about the psycho NYC cop who threatened online to kill and eat people, but didn't really do it so his conviction eventually was overturned.

^^^ there's another version of that where you can hear the fox hosts start to laugh at him when he has the brain snap and swallows that word. 

edit.. doh.. same clip ^^^^

Edited by ignatius

On 1/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, Nebraska said:

Trump getting 157k likes on a post like makes me wonder how many “like” it because it’s ridiculous and kinda hilarious? Or do 157k Twitter users actually like that tweet? If that’s the case then yikes. 

35 minutes ago, ignatius said:

^^^ there's another version of that where you can hear the fox hosts start to laugh at him when he has the brain snap and swallows that word. 

edit.. doh.. same clip ^^^^

coincidentally, fox hosts have been very triggered by cnn laughing at the very stable genius they've been having regular moments where they just talk about it

• Like 1

great news for landmines!

The Trump administration is expected to loosen restrictions on the US military's ability to use landmines in the coming days, weapons that have been banned by more than 160 countries due to their history of killing and wounding civilians, multiple Defense Department officials tell CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/politics/trump-landmines/index.html

• Facepalm 1