47 minutes ago, very honest said:

that wasn't the vote. 

be a lot cooler if it was

w4MOnOnnpD3l.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, Nebraska said:

The slave-owning galaxy brain framers never thought what happens when the checks and balances fails when one party is supporting a corrupt president and has control of the senate and has no intention of acting as a fair juror.

We know nothing is going to happen, right? I don't know what the dems are trying to accomplish. Maybe get his tax returns?  

Yeah despite all the rallies throughout the country in support of impeachment, I can pretty much guarantee it will be DOA the moment it reaches the Senate. I'm not saying impeachment was the wrong thing to do - Trump absolutely deserved it. But realistically it will fall through in the end. So I'm not about to run victory laps in excitement.

Besides, 2020 is imminent.

Perhaps. Gop will set precedent though. Let them take responsibility for their crap by moving it to senate. They can look back in 10 years and think about what they did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marf said:

We know nothing is going to happen, right?

have you seen/read something? i read this:

"After six hours of floor debate and likely some procedural wrangling, both articles are expected to pass in the late afternoon or evening with the support of nearly every Democrat, and few (if any) Republicans. Final votes on each article are expected sometime between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm Eastern, though that timeline could slip. 

These votes will be the culmination of the House’s impeachment process over the Ukraine scandal — in which Trump tried to pressure the Ukrainian government into investigating his 2020 rival Joe Biden, by withholding a White House meeting and military aid. They will not, however, remove the president from office. Rather, a trial in the Senate is coming next, in January — and that chamber is overwhelmingly likely to acquit Trump, leaving him in power."

i'm curious if you read/saw something different. or just skepticism. 

regarding the senate, there are more shoes that may drop. this is serious nat sec shit and a lot of very serious people are very seriously working. even if no new evidence is revealed, the needle is more likely to move toward supporting impeachment. but there is reason to expect one or more pieces of significant evidence to become public, further harming any rationale for GOP support of Trump. the GOP are already tugging their collars. a lot is in play.

today, in fact, prosecutors revealed RUSSIAN OLIGARCH FIRTASH was the one who gave indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas a million dollars, which Parnas failed to inform the FBI about. Note that Parnas gave Giuliani a half million. 

I'll only be slightly surprised if the fucker is reelected by a clear margin, TBH.

34 minutes ago, very honest said:

regarding the senate, there are more shoes that may drop. this is serious nat sec shit and a lot of very serious people are very seriously working. even if no new evidence is revealed, the needle is more likely to move toward supporting impeachment. but there is reason to expect one or more pieces of significant evidence to become public, further harming any rationale for GOP support of Trump. the GOP are already tugging their collars. a lot is in play.

today, in fact, prosecutors revealed RUSSIAN OLIGARCH FIRTASH was the one who gave indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas a million dollars, which Parnas failed to inform the FBI about. Note that Parnas gave Giuliani a half million. 

Mcconnell says he wants to dismiss the entire trial as quickly as possible with no evidence presented and no witnesses called.  Just a straight floor vote, and then they can go back to oppressing Americans.

14 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Mcconnell says he wants to dismiss the entire trial as quickly as possible with no evidence presented and no witnesses called.  Just a straight floor vote, and then they can go back to oppressing Americans.

By doing that he puts the Senate on the chopping block in November. It would be cleansed by voters. They are sweating. Pelosi played this well.

• Like 1

The Reps haven't helped their case at all today IMO.  They just come off as white privileged southern trash, the kind American society is quickly turning against.

In the grand scheme of things, my question is why are the majority of Republicans still fiercely loyal to Trump, despite everything that's transpired? Have they turned off their brains and allowed him to take control?

I could go on, but rhetorical questions only accomplish so much. American politics have effectively become a perpetual match between the top two teams in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, very honest said:

By doing that he puts the Senate on the chopping block in November. It would be cleansed by voters. They are sweating. Pelosi played this well.

he's not, most R Senators are safe from the little i've seen about it this early on. Senate being 'cleansed by voters' is almost impossible given the Rs grip on it electorally/etc. they're not sweating, they don't have hearts or souls, why the fuck do they care. Pelosi played this straight, which in this time with this president and with this congress and these voters, is not well. i respect how she's handled it but...

1 hour ago, marf said:

nothing is going to happen, right? I don't know what the dems are trying to accomplish. Maybe get his tax returns?  

Dems might be hoping something like his tax returns or some other magic ball drops from out of the sky, but that's just a pipe dream. they're just going through the procedures because that's really all the can do. unless they go apeshitwild and fight fire with fire and out-Trump Trump, they're going to fail at doing anything other than the scarlet letter I of impeachment....which at this point is starting to look very very weak and useless. it will mean very little if anything to voters. 

yeah, stormy daniels would have done in any dem. They think some lawyer jargon is going to strike at the hearts and minds of the public ? The economy is doing really well. One of those silent majority things. Trump will probably get another four years. 

• Like 1

Welp the vote is pretty much going as expected. Ridiculously partisan...

Hyper-partisanship...

if you aren't watching it already, get on this. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, so far so good. 

what do you even mean by that?

19 minutes ago, Salvatorin said:

what do you even mean by that?

He's been impeached. But again, that doesn't mean anything until the senate has done their thing.

jesus fucking christ of course hopefully we all understand that but where is the good in this? this is the biggest, self-destructive act i have ever seen the democrats engage in. and they have had 20+ years of practice.  i feel like i'm taking crazy pills over here!