IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

those truckers above interrupting the great T's speech aren't great people. these people below exemplify the greatness of amerikkka

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Sad 2
  • Facepalm 3

makes sense...fake president takes fake drug for a fake virus:

Trump says he's taking hydroxychloroquine, despite scientists' concerns

The anti-malarial drug has not been shown to be effective in treating Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/18/trump-says-hes-taking-unproven-anti-malarial-drug-265546

Trump told reporters that he’d been taking hydroxychloroquine daily for the past week and a half, along with a daily dose of zinc and an initial dose of the antibiotic azithromycin, a combination that has been linked to increased incidences of cardiac arrest.

YAY!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 6

I doubt he's actually taking it, but he's clearly trying to keep an ongoing positive conversation around it. 

Stating the obvious, but I'm betting either he, his family or some corporate partners of his have stock in the drug. Every time he mentions it is free advertising that kicks him back  some $$$. 

• Like 3

Trump throws Pompeo under bus, runs over him, backs up, runs over him again

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2020/5/18/1945992/--Mike-in-particular-Asked-why-he-fired-State-Department-watchdog-Trump-says-Pompeo-told-him-to

"I don't know. I don't know anything about him. I don't know," Trump said of Linick, "other than the State Department and Mike, in particular, I guess they weren't happy with the job he's doing or something."

Oh. So Pompeo made him do it. Okay. And just to be crystal clear: "Mike requested that I do it." Righto. Got it.

I doubt he's actually taking it, but he's clearly trying to keep an ongoing positive conversation around it. 
Stating the obvious, but I'm betting either he, his family or some corporate partners of his have stock in the drug. Every time he mentions it is free advertising that kicks him back  some $$$. 

One of the reasons trump fired that guy is because he wouldn’t push that drug. So could be!

“Health Dept. Official Says Doubts on Hydroxychloroquine Led to His Ouster”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/politics/rick-bright-trump-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus.html

18 hours ago, zero said:

makes sense...fake president takes fake drug for a fake virus:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/18/trump-says-hes-taking-unproven-anti-malarial-drug-265546

YAY!!!!!!

faux news made the mistake of pointing this out to big T and he let them have it

• Haha 1

Soldiers of the boogaloo: David Neiwert on the far right's plans for a new civil war

They are astroturf protests in the same way that the Tea Party movement was put in place by people who have corporate right-wing money as well as the monetary support of very rich families such as that of Betsy DeVos [Trump's education secretary]. But the "lockdown" protests are a movement that has taken on a life of its own. This has a great deal to do with structure and organization.

The Tea Party initially was backed by right-wing corporations, interest groups and private money, which is why it had so much support from Fox News. But within about six to eight months the Tea Party had its ranks swell with far-right extremists from the Patriot movement. Over the next few years the Tea Party became a conduit for the revival of the Patriot movement, where right-wing extremist groups such as the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters became closely associated with the later iterations of the Tea Party.

The full integration of these right-wing extremist militia groups and the Tea Party took some time to happen, but with Trump it is complete. With individuals and groups such as the DeVos family having set up the structure, it is easy for these anti-public health "protests" to spread across the country. The right-wing backers of the Tea Party created their astroturf machine and now it is a type of Frankenstein monster that rampages across the country.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

eventually there will be a showdown and some of these people will get purged. if the gun toting idiots go too far sooner or later the confrontation will turn violent. maybe that violence will be sustained in further protests or maybe it'll be a one time thing that leads to terrorist type attacks in the future. 

nothing good will come of it unless there is real anti terrorist action at federal level and a willingness to wield the power of the state to squish these people. it really depends on who's in charge at the time. 

Like he says in the article, if you want to take care of it then you should show up on election day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

Trump is refusing to unveil Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-refusing-to-unveil-obama-portrait-at-the-white-house-2020-5?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm sure Obama would rather wait for Joe to do it anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psn said:

Rupert could probably crush him if he wanted. 

yes but it's not that simple. you can't tell your audience you've been misleading them all day every day for years. fox has a whole forest of false narratives woven into each-other, buttressing the political party they've strategized their business around propping up, and the bread was buttered for that ecosystem to align with the president. it takes a tricky pivot. some form of pivot has been taking place. you see trump trashing fox over the last year or so, trying to battle it. some hosts call out some things in some ways. not that i think rupert's pushing it, more like producers are allowing it, because talk of injections of disinfectant is hair-raising, leveraging ukraine defense aid for a political hit is egregious, etc. scattered instances of hosts/producers just not wanting to stand by without calling specific things out. shep smith was pushed out for criticizing trump. chris wallace sides against trump maybe the most. in the last couple days i saw some fox people called out trump's touting of the unproven and dangerous malaria drug. the big boat will never turn in time, unless people start illuminating each other so that their bottom drops out.

fox is the weakness of the end guy. we take down fox we win. pull the curtain for the admirers of oz. no one likes being misled.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

looks like a pretty accurate road map. america is fucked every day more and more. this next year is going to be brutal.. as if it hasn't already been rough all over.  good way to stoke  class divisions. force poor people back to work, middle class still work at home, rich people continue doing rich people things. healthcare workers already stressed and under supporrted get another year of being traumatized by death and exhaustion. 

Step 1:
Remove income support, so people have no choice but to return to work.
Step 2:
Hide the facts.
Step 3:
Pretend it’s about “freedom”.
Step 4:
Shield businesses against lawsuits for spreading the infection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1