IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Forgot to mention the 88 ads actually pushed FB to finally remove Trump ads for the first time. That's saying a lot considering how chickenshit they've been toward the POTUS and his campaign.

• Like 3

Drug Science’s pod (run by David Nutt) has done a recent 3 parter on veterans and ptsd treatment options. One discussion highlighted that more US veterans who served in recent conflicts have now died by suicide than were killed during active service in Iraq.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Forgot to mention the 88 ads actually pushed FB to finally remove Trump ads for the first time. That's saying a lot considering how chickenshit they've been toward the POTUS and his campaign.

meanwhile the trump campaign is spending like $2million a month on FB ads. 

when I heard about that Russian shit. Paying militants to execute US soldiers? That is beyond the pale. 

Not hearing about it as an excuse from the commander in chief doesn't hold water. 

Basically an act of war he doesn't hear about

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marf said:

he watches twitter videos on mute. so it's likely he muted whoever was telling him about that particular incident. he's also too busy creating jobs to worry about an act of war. when the non-acting begins, he'll respond swiftly 

On 6/29/2020 at 4:56 PM, ignatius said:

wow. this is a pretty big thing to float. i wonder if this is the scare the base into action or some reverse psychology 8th dimensional chess or wtf

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-2020-us-election-drop-out-fox-news-republican-a9592036.html

Donald Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race if he believes he has no chance of winning, a Republican Party operative reportedly told Fox News.

The thing I worry about with this kind of stuff, along with polls for Biden giving him a double digit lead, is that people get complacent. 
Y’all need to vote in the bigliest numbers ever. 

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

It’s a good job Trump doesn’t make policy decisions for municipal police forces...

• Like 4

If Don Don ever gets put behind bars for his many crimes after he steps down, he will no longer praise police and instead refer to them as "deep state Clinton thugs" or some bullshit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

If Don Don ever gets put behind bars for his many crimes after he steps down, he will no longer praise police and instead refer to them as "deep state Clinton thugs" or some bullshit

it's a fairy tale. he'll never get close to prison. one of his kids might but also doubtful. it would take all three branches of government + intelligence services to even bust him for his numerous financial crimes for which typically no one goes to prison for long unless they're doing it to protect others and not talking so getting a harsher sentence. that's not trump's MO.  but it would take a lot to bring charges and seize assets and crumble his house of cards. 

‘We’re thinking landslide’: Beyond D.C., GOP officials see Trump on glide path to reelection

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/15/trump-glide-reelection-republican-officials-316457

“The more bad things happen in the country, it just solidifies support for Trump,” said Phillip Stephens, GOP chairman in Robeson County, N.C., one of several rural counties in that swing state that shifted from supporting Barack Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016. “We’re calling him ‘Teflon Trump.’ Nothing’s going to stick, because if anything, it’s getting more exciting than it was in 2016.”

2127199b53ca9ab9c07e9f44403e7f521921b6e2

meanwhile.. 

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/21/republican-strategists-are-starting-to-panic-and-fear-a-historic-wipeout-in-november-report_partner/

Republican strategists are starting to "panic" and fear a "historic wipeout" in November: report

Republican insiders fear that November could be another Democratic wave election

The "privately" part is important. It isn't hard to find Trump allies and GOP strategists who are happy to go on Fox News, put on their best game faces and insist that Trump is headed for landslide reelection. But what Republican strategists tell Laura Ingraham or Sean Hannity at Fox News and what they're really thinking can be two different things, and anonymous sources often speak with a candor that they wouldn't have if their names were attached to a website article or a cable news appearance.

The words "anonymity" and "anonymous" are used a lot in Joseph's piece, which offers insights on what some people who are quite active in the GOP think about this year's election. The people speaking to Vice aren't feeling the least bit optimistic. One of them told Vice, "The environment really sucks for us right now. We've got a worldwide pandemic, the economy is slipping — and now, we have a race war tacked on. [If] the election were held today, we'd be talking about a wipeout. We'd be in landslide territory."

Edited by ignatius

14 hours ago, marf said:

when I heard about that Russian shit. Paying militants to execute US soldiers? That is beyond the pale. 

Not hearing about it as an excuse from the commander in chief doesn't hold water. 

Their defense is that they weren't sure how credible the intel was, which I can understand.  I wouldn't want half-baked intel this inflammatory on the president's desk unless I was sure it was legit.

NYT seems to have dug into it a bit but they could've just published it to hurt big T.  With something this serious, I would want to know whether or not it's credible before I form an opinion.

7 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Their defense is that they weren't sure how credible the intel was, which I can understand.  I wouldn't want half-baked intel this inflammatory on the president's desk unless I was sure it was legit.

NYT seems to have dug into it a bit but they could've just published it to hurt big T.  With something this serious, I would want to know whether or not it's credible before I form an opinion.

the intel was high confidence. they had the bank accounts on both sides, and they had a guy delivering cash from one party to another. bolton briefed trump in person on this in march of 2019. trump is trying to weasel out. he's playing with the word "brief." it was in the presidential daily brief. he just doesn't read the pdb. 2 or 3 times a week he lets the intel team give him a verbal brief. he seems to be claiming that this information was excluded from those briefs. but there is no disputing that it was in the PDB, which he is supposed to read every day, but doesn't. 

remember this guy, from the house hearings?

Despite Opposition, John Ratcliffe Confirmed For Top Intelligence ...

ratcliffe. he was recently confirmed by the senate to be trump's Director of National Intelligence. he was one of those house members like Jim Jordan of Ohio and Doug Collins of Georgia who have no shame in their anatomy and so are used as designated attack dogs, willing to go into sleazy lawyer mode and lay trash arguments with faux outrage in order to mislead the public.

trump tweeted "Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP". he's almost certainly talking about ratcliffe, who he apparently has named "intel." but "intel" literally just stepped into the job. and a guy like ratcliffe, you don't have to wonder if he would contribute to a cooked up narrative by using his own ignorance to allow him to say things that could then be misconstrued by the president.

one of the big take-aways is the president doesn't read his PDB. he spends hours a day retweeting shit like white supremecist credos, instead. we've known this has been the case for a long time. 

and i don't believe that the information wasn't forced into his attention. like i said, bolton now claims to have briefed the president in person about this matter early last year. and i wouldn't doubt that briefers would highlight this in the verbal briefings, and i wouldn't doubt that ratcliffe would fail to assess the situation accurately, in order to supply djt with an excuse.

the other big take-away is that it looks like he actually was physically informed, yet did not counter in any way, for many months. in fact he pushed for putin to be readmitted to the G7, and gave putin another wish-list item, US removing troops from germany.

trump saying he didn't know... WaPo fact checker dept keep count of trump's lies since entering office. over 19,000, as of may. him saying something may be more likely to indicate its opposite.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's a fairy tale. he'll never get close to prison. one of his kids might but also doubtful. it would take all three branches of government + intelligence services to even bust him for his numerous financial crimes for which typically no one goes to prison for long unless they're doing it to protect others and not talking so getting a harsher sentence. that's not trump's MO.  but it would take a lot to bring charges and seize assets and crumble his house of cards. 

All it would take is the NY Attorney General. 

44 minutes ago, very honest said:

the intel was high confidence. they had the bank accounts on both sides, and they had a guy delivering cash from one party to another. bolton briefed trump in person on this in february of 2019. trump is trying to weasel out. he's playing with the word "brief." it was in the presidential daily brief. he just doesn't read the pdb. 2 or 3 times a week he lets the intel team give him a verbal brief. he seems to be claiming that this information was excluded from those briefs. but there is no disputing that it was in the PDB, which he is supposed to read every day, but doesn't. 

remember this guy, from the house hearings?

Despite Opposition, John Ratcliffe Confirmed For Top Intelligence ...

ratcliffe. he was recently confirmed by the senate to be trump's Director of National Intelligence. he was one of those house members like Jim Jordan of Ohio and Doug Collins of Georgia who have no shame in their anatomy and so are used as designated attack dogs, willing to go into sleazy lawyer mode and lay trash arguments with faux outrage in order to mislead the public.

trump is now saying "intel told me the intelligence wasn't confirmed so that's why they didn't brief me." he's almost certainly talking about ratcliffe, who he apparently has named "intel." but "intel" literally just stepped into the job. and a guy like ratcliffe, you don't have to wonder if he would contribute to a cooked up narrative by using his own ignorance to allow him to say things that could then be misconstrued by the president.

the big take-away is the president doesn't read his PDB. he spends hours a day retweeting shit like white supremecist credos, instead. we've known this has been the case for a long time. 

and i don't believe that the information wasn't forced into his attention. like i said, bolton now claims to have briefed the president in person about this matter early last year. and i wouldn't doubt that briefers would highlight this in the verbal briefings, and i wouldn't doubt that ratcliffe would fail to assess the situation accurately, in order to supply djt with an excuse.

Thanks for the full story, I'm all in.

3 hours ago, Candiru said:

All it would take is the NY Attorney General. 

bring charges.. sure.. but he's got a lot of friends who would get in the way if possible. like they did during meuller report witholding docs and all that.. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

bring charges.. sure.. but he's got a lot of friends who would get in the way if possible. like they did during meuller report witholding docs and all that.. 

Once he’s out of office. 

• Like 1

this is an escalation, on the part of russia. taking out US troops is a big deal.

classic GRU, easily caught. don't bother to mask their identities.

putin feels desperate. americans want renewable energy. putin's whole organized crime infrastructure is kept afloat with oil money. they laugh privately about propping up the american GOP in order to prolong global warming and consequently improve the russian climate. 

putin is using intel to solve his problem because intel is the tool he knows, but his plan is crazy. 

2 hours ago, Candiru said:

Once he’s out of office. 

fingers crossed.  i think to get anything to stick and send him where he belongs will required a concerted effort and people sticking to the law and him getting no special treatment.