IGNORED

Various Artists - Covert II 12" (Touched)

BUNKUM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

1. probably wrong. there are way more other artists already doing this style and vibert has the knack of making everything he touch sound like vibert. so .. probably definitely not vibert. even tho, yes. it has 'voice samples' so it must be vibert lol. 

2. plaid - i hear it. dunno what the plaid-lite copycat scene is like. 

3. dunno

4. don't think monolith. maybe. but i agree more with the karen lust comment. 

5. absolutely doesn't sound like ae in slightest. 

These are all wrong, btw

1. Vibert

2. Plaid

3. Humanoid

4. Mnlth

5. .?? An ae track which doesnt sound like ae

fixed

Thank you, sir.

Bitroasty, dont just say its wrong. Pick an artist! Dunno is not an answer

Guest bitroast

actually. 2nd listen. 

it could totally be vibert lol. 

yeah i'm no expert on the hardcore or whatever u wanna call it revival in 2017. AGT Rave Cru ? naww, it actually sounds more vibert than AGT Rave Cru probably. 

unless you're specifically talking about the 5th track. in which case it could literally be any artist. 

pick an artist any artist 

https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/touched-3

(just not autechre) 

Today Is WORLD CANCER DAY
Covert II EP is Now Released
https://touched.bandcamp.com/album/covert-ii-ep
ARTIST - VARIOUS
TITLE - COVERT II
LABEL - De:tuned (In Cooperation With Touched Music)
Format - Limited Vinyl + Digital
Artwork - The Designers Republic - MITDRTM
Style - Electronica
Release Date - 4th of February 2017 - World Cancer Day
Description
De:tuned, Touched and some of the planet’s greatest electronic musicians have combined forces for an amazing cause on World Cancer Day 2017. The result is a unique piece and milestone: the first ever vinyl release ‘Various - Covert II’ for Touched - Music for Macmillan Cancer Support.
A mask of invisibility, anonymity serves to enhance the work for charity. De:tuned’s recent Brainbox compilation, the infamous Touched series and both their back catalogue of related prolific artists laid the foundations for ‘Covert II’ featuring 5 previously unreleased tracks offering a variety of cornish acidic sounds, playful structures and melodies that will take the listener on a journey into future worlds. All anonymous artists have contributed their music for free.
Sheffield based influential graphic studio ‘The Designers Republic’, known for their highly distinctive work for labels such as Warp, generously offered their time and designed fitting artwork in their own fresh and recognizable style.
The Covert II EP has been professionally mastered and cut for free by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering to ensure the highest listening pleasure.
‘Covert II’ will be available as a limited 180gr vinyl release sold directly via Touched’s Bandcamp page with all proceeds donated to Macmillan Cancer Support. Your vinyl purchase includes a high-quality download and unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app and comes with a De:tuned & Touched sticker.

Dear Norvum, I'd love to buy a copy but you mentioned these tracks will also appear on a coming full fledged compilation.?questionmark

So i'm tempted to wait, even though its international cancer day. Would be an instantbuy otherwise... :S

Also, those green fonts are a bitch to read

These are all wrong, btw

1. Vibert

2. Plaid

3. B12??

4. Mnlth

5. .?? An ae track which doesnt sound like ae

Sharp As Usual (#1) sounds more like Mark Archer or Acidulant or something - definitely not Vibert: he doesn't write and uses vocal samples like that ... something you'd here on Balkan

Filmed Lipear is Plaid 100% - other than that, none of the WATMM Featureds on this

Dear Norvum, I'd love to buy a copy but you mentioned these tracks will also appear on a coming full fledged compilation.?questionmark

So i'm tempted to wait, even though its international cancer day. Would be an instantbuy otherwise... :S

Also, those green fonts are a bitch to read

Vinyl EP & digital release now, a more lengthy CD/digital (no vinyl) later on.

Green is the Colour of Macmillan Cancer support so on WORLD CANCER DAY i can go green if i like.

Yes on March the 4th The Covert Album 15 tracks will be released on a Glass mastered Digipack with artwork from The Designers Republic.

Thanks 

You have to admit though, its a bit of a pig-fucker to read if you're using (like I am) the WATMM classic skin:

covert.jpg

Can't place 1 or 5. Really don't think 5 is Ae - the EQing, track progression and general melody really does not sound like something they would do

1 is proper old school, 808 State maybe - they've done stuff for Touched in the past ...

Archived