IGNORED

Various Artists - Covert II 12" (Touched)

BUNKUM

having listened to track 5 a few times now I reckon it is 'chre but sounds like something from a few years ago. Reminds me of LP5 era for some reason. Definitely my fav on the release.

If you took that repeating vocal off track one it sometimes sounds a bit Orbital-ish. But that would be crazy, right?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this release. even though I never wanted to give in to guessing who the artist's are, just to let the music do the talking. but....I can't help it.

BoC remixing a plaid track is what I'm hearing on track 2...there, I said it.  :sad:  :cry:

Sol A r skies definitely samples the Acid Edit of Windowlicker, most notably the cowbell and a bit of the percussion...

Pretty sure that's just the 505 drum machine (erm, I think - Not 100% on the nuances of the Roland range ...)

Guest bitroast

i just hope the mystery of the first covert album is finally unveiled and we can finally find out who did the cover artwork for Covert 1. 

the acid part in the first track is also in a house of brakes (dmx krew) track from 2002

self promotion aside, the only example of it i can find on youtube is in my own mix

https://youtu.be/S5TvmaVmPRM?t=37m16s

ps: ORDERED

they sampled the same new beat record from '88

NICE!

So looks like we raised £2000 for charity, pat on the back to us all. Also the CD comp is coming next month, pre-orders start on 25th according to the comments

post-10298-0-40643400-1487247180_thumb.jpg

Archived