IGNORED

wAgAwAgA Appreciation Megathread

sisforawesome

Yep, Hyper Typewriter was the one that really tuned me in to him.

Smoke Nettles, Dhunadh Dubs, pineapple arcade and pina kaleida are my hot favourites.

The guy is so prolific and can turn his hand to many different styles whilst retaining the "waga" style - the sign of a great artist

Awesome thank you for starting this thread.

Really enjoy his tunes, more so his electronic madness (compared to the dubby style ones) but that's just me, it's not that his dub stuff is any less quality.

Satta EP was my fav little release in recent times.

(possibly the name is a hindrance to wider appreciation?)

Not sure where he's from, but I wondered if his name was a play on "Wagga Wagga" the city in Australia. For some reason I thought he was from Australia... =/

Hell yeah, love all his stuff. Hyper Typewriter and pH 3.5.6 are my favorites, love the way he makes acid tracks. Recently though the Parabola EP blew me away, almost sounds like a Squarepusher-Vibert collab. If I didn't know better, I'd think Big Swing was an early Plug track.

Just listened to Tasmagoria recently too, some real juicy dubby goodness there

Hell yeah, love all his stuff. Hyper Typewriter and pH 3.5.6 are my favorites, love the way he makes acid tracks. Recently though the Parabola EP blew me away, almost sounds like a Squarepusher-Vibert collab. If I didn't know better, I'd think Big Swing was an early Plug track.

Just listened to Tasmagoria recently too, some real juicy dubby goodness there

more vibert vibes

This track though...the way it twists and morphs through all the tempo changes, picking up and breaking back down, just keeping you sucked in the whole time. Holy fuck

Think he lives in Bristol but travels around a lot. Not sure of his origins.

Hence all the wordly influences and field recordings.

Legend.

such mystique 

check these trackz released under his WAGADRIZLAK moniker

Legend.

such mystique 

Def sounds like him, I have no doubt it is. How did you figure out it was? Aside from a Fidelity + wAgAwAga track on that soundcloud I don't see any other mention of him.

Is it a collab with this Fidelity by chance?

Legend.

such mystique 

Def sounds like him, I have no doubt it is. How did you figure out it was? Aside from a Fidelity + wAgAwAga track on that soundcloud I don't see any other mention of him.

Is it a collab with this Fidelity by chance?

he makes a comment seconds into the first tack i posted there... he mentions how he almost forgot about releasing it lol

All I see is "totally forgot about this one", nothing about it being by him or releasing it?

I've made similar comments on friends tracks before. 

but yeah it's a collab as I suspected, not just Waga. "Co-production from Cooking Up Records... "

Nice find!

• 9 months later...

Does anyone happen to know who wAgAwAgA / Cooking Up Records / WAGADRIZLAK / Acid Factory / v6vmv6vm / wAgA wAgA is? 

The only info I can find on the web is that he's from Bristol, England and that he has been traveling around the southern hemisphere... 

But no real name anywhere. 

Also, someone should make this guy a wiki page. 

I mean, I think he's really good. 

It's kinda weird he's not more known. 

I'd buy Hyper Typewriter on Vinyl right away. 

Maybe the name 'Wagawaga' was not a good choice. Dunno. 

Does anyone happen to know who wAgAwAgA / Cooking Up Records / WAGADRIZLAK / Acid Factory / v6vmv6vm / wAgA wAgA is? 

The only info I can find on the web is that he's from Bristol, England and that he has been traveling around the southern hemisphere... 

But no real name anywhere. 

Also, someone should make this guy a wiki page. 

I mean, I think he's really good. 

It's kinda weird he's not more known. 

I'd buy Hyper Typewriter on Vinyl right away. 

Maybe the name 'Wagawaga' was not a good choice. Dunno. 

He used to be a user here on WATMM. Went under the name Splagawagawaga or something

Archived