IGNORED

Papercutter Painter 20thcent4 BA and more stuff later

cooliofranco

I might be posting too much- but I'm lame ducking until my new job starts so I got some time to do tracks. So if I make more in the next few weeks I'm just gonna put them in this thread.

Anyway here's another acidy electro thing. This time with vocoded vocals. I actually think they work pretty well. I initially had a version of this that used them less, but re did it to use 'em more. Hey ok! As always, appreciate the feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/cooliofranco/papercutter-painter-20thcent4-ba

2nd half of the track has Syro vibes. I like how it leaves the beginning section and just seems to float off into the ether. Nice! 

At actually kind of reminds me of Cheetah.

Until I read your post I thought the vocals where pads, the beats have a really nice "tour da france" feel to them, that base'y 303 sound that sounds like it has an lfo filter on it sounds wicked too. Listened to a few other tunes too while I was writing this up. Loving the groove.

I might be posting too much- but I'm lame ducking until my new job starts so I got some time to do tracks. So if I make more in the next few weeks I'm just gonna put them in this thread.

Anyway here's another acidy electro thing. This time with vocoded vocals. I actually think they work pretty well. I initially had a version of this that used them less, but re did it to use 'em more. Hey ok! As always, appreciate the feedback.

I'm not usually into this but I'm digging this. There are times when the vocoded vocals are a bit too loud.

But apart from that, this is super well produced :)

I'm not usually into this but I'm digging this. There are times when the vocoded vocals are a bit too loud.

But apart from that, this is super well produced :)

thanks squee. i think i know where you are talking about. these are sort of demos (which ill be taking down shortly i guess). i'll have stuff fixed for the release.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this latest one is dope. Cool, living room reverb :) Personally I'd look to snip it at 2:11. The 2nd half doesn't feel like it goes anywhere although I do like the ending. 

Here's a new one. it's acidy and long and at some point was in f sharp but i totally lost track of the key somewhere.

Nice and chilled! I like the muffled sound, but I think you could add a tiny bit off clarity and still keep the muffleness if you simply carved out a couple of dBs around 200-500hz :)

• 5 weeks later...

I really like this! The lo-fi sound sounds perfect and real and the drums and bass are funky. My only complaint is the ending. It doesn't really sound like it actually ends, but more like someone just hits stop ;)

Listening to Skateboarding for 2nd time - I think I really like it - it's weird, I can't get used to how non linear it is

That's what I like about it. One of the best non-Aphex things I've heard in ages. 

With your permission, I'd like to have this message printed and framed :)

Listening to Skateboarding for 2nd time - I think I really like it - it's weird, I can't get used to how non linear it is

That's what I like about it. One of the best non-Aphex things I've heard in ages.

• 1 month later...

normally i'd wrestle with the melodies to make something useful for a "real" track, but i just kinda let this track be what it it is. so it's a drumless wandering droney keys thing. i've done this sorta thing before and i like have songs like this out there for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived