IGNORED

Papercutter Painter 20thcent4 BA and more stuff later

cooliofranco

• 4 weeks later...

Generator is a great track. I really like where you go with your tracks, they seem to just drift off around a musical idea into very natural (but not obvious) areas and then go somewhere else or a bit backwards and then into a new direction. All whilst keeping a similar palette of sounds, it's an admirable skill. I also sometimes feel like I'm listening and things are slightly out of sync or seem like they're being played live instead of sequenced, I like this as well. 

I get a bizarre feeling (between 0:50 and 1:10) that you're playing the music but are also being disturbed by something or you're doing something else whilst playing it. Weird phenomenon. 

these are sweet.. meandering acid meditations.. i love your sound, it's so round feeling, somehow feels like underground. as in literally below the ground. i think because of the gentle, sort of sneaking along quality it has plus all that reverb (one of these tracks has some quiet sound off in the far left channel that kept making me think there was something in the room, i kept looking over to my left) :) great drum programming, and especially how the drums and rhythmic basss interact.. and those pads.. ace sounds!

Yeah I try to give things an organic feel by mixing in live recorded elements or played stuff, usually keeping (hopefully) tasteful “mistakes” or even programming in some randomness in velocity or grid placement.

And it sounds like you’re noting the arrangement aspects. I think this is something u are thinking about a lot because good composition can drive arrangement: as in, if you’re developing a melody to evolve over time that will sort of take care of the arrangement.

Heh, but if one, like me, can’t really write melodies the way u do, then you’re left to just feel ur way through the arrangement and u get what I get: some vaguely defined system based on constructing and deconstructing the main layered loops.

Generator is a great track. I really like where you go with your tracks, they seem to just drift off around a musical idea into very natural (but not obvious) areas and then go somewhere else or a bit backwards and then into a new direction. All whilst keeping a similar palette of sounds, it's an admirable skill. I also sometimes feel like I'm listening and things are slightly out of sync or seem like they're being played live instead of sequenced, I like this as well. 

I get a bizarre feeling (between 0:50 and 1:10) that you're playing the music but are also being disturbed by something or you're doing something else whilst playing it. Weird phenomenon.

Thanks!

Yeah the track has some mixed in live elements. One is a 3 year old clapping vaguely in time :)

The underground thing is really what I’m going for and is probably a consequence of squashing the highs and then playing with aux reverb with a short decay.

these are sweet.. meandering acid meditations.. i love your sound, it's so round feeling, somehow feels like underground. as in literally below the ground. i think because of the gentle, sort of sneaking along quality it has plus all that reverb (one of these tracks has some quiet sound off in the far left channel that kept making me think there was something in the room, i kept looking over to my left) :) great drum programming, and especially how the drums and rhythmic basss interact.. and those pads.. ace sounds!

thanks!

new one, these days it's my favorite among the tracks i've made in the last 6 months or so.

I like the rhythmical twists and weird timbres. Pretty nice reverbs too. Stays interesting all the way through. Nice work

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived