IGNORED

Quaristice Tour Appreciation thread

Sam

Just got back in to listening to this set recently after taking a hiatus of year or two after rinsing it for about 4-5 years. Some of their best material ever. One particular beautiful moment:

Share any thoughts / memories of the tour here!

o wow. would love to hear a soundboard of that! straightforward 4-4 beats with some ae-fuckery on top. the ae tracks crossing over into poppy territory tend to be really cute. in a good way!

sean, pls!

Yeah they there was a great, cheesy poppy moment during the Portland show of the latest NA tour (which I think was an accident) and I was just thinking PLEASE you guys, stop being sheepish about this stuff because it's great in a totally different way from the rest!

Original post is easily my favorite part, along with the next section. Their music shines a lot for me when they do chord stab stuff (those phrases in Bike?)

I was not not enough of a troo fan in 2008 to catch them on their US tour. If I could go back...

quaristice tour soundboard plead club member 1,098,877

I should be thankful enough that someone leaked the 2005 Glasgow soundboard against Ae's intentions, but I'm more selfish than that. I'm not sure I believe that they simply didn't record anything on the tour. Wasn't their habit during the production of Quaristice to record everything they did and then to listen back?

Just uploaded a slightly reEQ'd file of my Vancouver recording:

https://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1782-autechre-live-in-vancouver-april-8th-2008/

"Stood in the center of Richard's On Richard's (R.I.P.) with my old Zoom H2 for the whole set. During the quiet breakdown I managed to, inadvertently, attract the attention of Autechre's sound engineer who attempts to sabotage my recording around 23:25, but ends up making it way better imo."

Sam, your obsession with the quaristice tour has been your lifes work. Some have said your heart beats to the same rhythm as the snare in Sublimit

You're putting it lightly there man. I'd say 75-90% of the music I listened to on a daily basis from 2006 to 2010 was Ae bootlegs. I do remember there was a period where I was basically just rewinding the 10-12 minute passage from the Q tour over and over again. As far as I remember they said that material is just buried away on the elektrons in storage. Breaks my feckin heart

What's the best recording from that tour, and is it in the WATMM download section?

Los Angeles for sure. "...this doesn't sound like autechre, but there are 2 guys onstage" :lol:

just did a quick search but didn't see it in the downloads section.

sam... rod... the AE_LIVE stuff is cool, but a quaristice soundboard would make my life complete.

I did the la master and amni (?) later rematered mine. It's the best imo, not only c quality of the sound but all of the melodies were successfully quantized.

I did the la master and amni (?) later rematered mine. It's the best imo, not only c quality of the sound but all of the melodies were successfully quantized.

Any chance you still have the file around? The original link to the amni remaster is dead and I can't find it anywhere else

I think i have mine master somewhere but if not ill try to find the original and to master it again...if i find time. Amni did great job with his rework of mine master only it was a bit too brittle and overcompressed to my ears. I tried to mastered as i heard it in live. But overall his master sounded much better.

P.s. Try to contact him, send him a pm.

Just got back in to listening to this set recently after taking a hiatus of year or two after rinsing it for about 4-5 years. Some of their best material ever. One particular beautiful moment:

Share any thoughts / memories of the tour here!

lol the "ca-caw!" about 3:00 minutes in  :w00t:

P.s. Try to contact him, send him a pm.

Pretty sure he made a thread a while ago saying his HD died and he lost all of his remasters... would be cool if you'd find/ul yours :)

In that case ill do my best.

Any chance you still have the file around? The original link to the amni remaster is dead and I can't find it anywhere else

https://we.tl/d5VFHmxruj

LA 2008 amni remaster

Oh man, I was at this very show in my early days in Brooklyn when I had still only been here for a couple years. I was on a lot of drugs at this show as I recall, my younger wilder days lol. Cool to hear it again, I def remember loving this particular part.

Nothing will ever beat the Untilted tour for me though, best show I've ever been to.

Archived