IGNORED

Quaristice Tour Appreciation thread

Sam

I did the la master and amni (?) later rematered mine. It's the best imo, not only c quality of the sound but all of the melodies were successfully quantized.

Any chance you still have the file around? The original link to the amni remaster is dead and I can't find it anywhere else

https://we.tl/d5VFHmxruj

LA 2008 amni remaster

wow thanks for uploading!  :music:

my fav part is the track that starts around 20 min mark. all that build up and with that melody that enters at 25:49 is gets to the peak that i've heard only in some beethoven's symphonies and late string quartets. that moment was so intense to me that my body just couldn't hold it anymore; i cried in pitch-darkness.   :emb: it's something that usually only beethoven does to me.

#emokid #fakuwatmm

This was the first tour I saw them on and was torn between their set being incredible and the fact that they went on after three hours of openers and played for what seemed like 45 minutes.

As far as I remember they said that material is just buried away on the elektrons in storage. Breaks my feckin heart

For fuck's sake! They need to just bulk dumps of the entire memory, post them somewhere public for the good of mankind, and sell those things off for laptop upgrade money. Leaving them to collect dust in storage does no one a favor!

my fav part is the track that starts around 20 min mark. all that build up and with that melody that enters at 25:49 is gets to the peak that i've heard only in some beethoven's symphonies and late string quartets. that moment was so intense to me that my body just couldn't hold it anymore; i cried in pitch-darkness.   :emb: it's something that usually only beethoven does to me.

#emokid #fakuwatmm

Ok I'm intrigued, can you recommend some of those symphonies and string quartets?

#emokid #fakuwatmm

Ok I'm intrigued, can you recommend some of those symphonies and string quartets?

I would suggest searching youtube for "beethoven smalin" and "beethoven musanim" - the guy make very neat graphic moving scores (for many composers' pieces), which will help to "see" what's going on immensely for an outsider to the whole school.

There's a distance that has to be worked through regardless.

#emokid #fakuwatmm

off the top of my head...

- 3rd, 5th and 9th symphony (try those conducted by john eliot gardiner cause he uses original fast tempos or if you prefer slower aka normal tempos try herbert von karajan or wilhelm furtwangler)

- last 5 string quartets (try interpretations by takacs quartet, best imo, second best is alban berg quartett but older recordings, third (or maybe even second is quartetto italiano)) 

- piano concertos no. 3 and 5 (try those with krystian zimerman)

- piano sonatas no.8, 14, 17, 21, 23 and 29 (try daniel barenboim, wilhelm kempff, vladimir horowitz or alfred brendel)

- violin sonata no. 9 (try with perlman and ashkenazy)

What's the best recording from that tour, and is it in the WATMM download section?

Los Angeles for sure. "...this doesn't sound like autechre, but there are 2 guys onstage" :lol:

flol that guy. totally baffled and a bit dissapointed. hilarious

What's the best recording from that tour, and is it in the WATMM download section?

Los Angeles for sure. "...this doesn't sound like autechre, but there are 2 guys onstage" :lol:

flol that guy. totally baffled and a bit dissapointed. hilarious

That fucking guy. Earlier on he also mansplains that what they're doing is "effective".  

I would suggest searching youtube for "beethoven smalin" and "beethoven musanim" - the guy make very neat graphic moving scores (for many composers' pieces), which will help to "see" what's going on immensely for an outsider to the whole school.

There's a distance that has to be worked through regardless.

off the top of my head...

- 3rd, 5th and 9th symphony (try those conducted by john eliot gardiner cause he uses original fast tempos or if you prefer slower aka normal tempos try herbert von karajan or wilhelm furtwangler)

- last 5 string quartets (try interpretations by takacs quartet, best imo, second best is alban berg quartett but older recordings, third (or maybe even second is quartetto italiano)) 

- piano concertos no. 3 and 5 (try those with krystian zimerman)

- piano sonatas no.8, 14, 17, 21, 23 and 29 (try daniel barenboim, wilhelm kempff, vladimir horowitz or alfred brendel)

- violin sonata no. 9 (try with perlman and ashkenazy)

CHEERS

Already looking into these

sorry bit OT, but was wondering about any japan bootlegs. anything out there?  theres a very old thread,  the late john elrichman claiming to have a tokyo and other very rare soundboards. somebody here must know something, I (really really) hope?

sorry bit OT, but was wondering about any japan bootlegs. anything out there?  theres a very old thread,  the late john elrichman claiming to have a tokyo and other very rare soundboards. somebody here must know something, I (really really) hope?

None that I'm aware of anyway....

This clip is animal though>

None that I'm aware of anyway....

This clip is animal though>

yeah man, bits and pieces.  I just have this nagging feeling that there must something, anything out there...

Archived