IGNORED

Track artwork

Schlitze

I've been going through my mp3 library trying to get all the tags nice and neat and generally tidy things up. It's easy to edit stuff like genre and year but the images associated with the individual files is a bit trickier.  For example, with elseq1 I found that I was only getting the feed1 art for every track. I'm interested to find out if you guys have any issues with this. The OCD compels me.

I just have the artwork file in every album folder an foobar automatically tags it I think. There's this app called Album Art Downloader, it looks for the album art you search in every possible website/store and you just get the one you like, it's great.

^ seconded, Album Art Downloader is great, takes a little getting used to but once you do it's a breeze for grabbing album covers.

I've been going through my mp3 library trying to get all the tags nice and neat and generally tidy things up. It's easy to edit stuff like genre and year but the images associated with the individual files is a bit trickier.  For example, with elseq1 I found that I was only getting the feed1 art for every track. I'm interested to find out if you guys have any issues with this. The OCD compels me.

What are you using for a player and tagging?  Do you want to store images in the tag or as a separate file in the album folder (or do you care)?  I use foobar for most all tagging needs though I do prefer mp3tag for adding/removing/exporting images, it's a bit more straightforward.

Oh and FWIW I usually just keep one external image for album/release (e.g. cover.jpg), except in those rare cases like autechre where each track might have it's own artwork, then yeah, I'll retain the embedded images in each file

as far as spergy triggering goes, that's nothing.

Try owning multiple albums so obscure that no image exists online or there's just one and it's maybe 8 pixels in size.

Also you have a scanner but you're too lazy and your USB ports are all fucked.

So then you try and take a picture of it with the camera completely parallel with the cover but it turns out that's literally impossible.

What are you using for a player and tagging?  Do you want to store images in the tag or as a separate file in the album folder (or do you care)?  I use foobar for most all tagging needs though I do prefer mp3tag for adding/removing/exporting images, it's a bit more straightforward.

I'm not bothered about whether the art is in the tag or stored in a seperate folder. When I started trying to sort this the first thing I tried was put a folder with all the track art onto my phone and then manually go through each track on the album and edit track info by selecting 'set image as' then point it to that track art but I found that Xperia music player wouldn't differentiate between the tracks, it would set the whole album to whatever track 1 was, then when I changed track art on track 2 two it changed all the tracks to that. So that's when I looked into tagging and editing the info within the file on my computer before transfer, but so far I've only looked into doing that in windows media player but that didn't work and then I started this thread. Actually, I think storing images in the tag would be better, then it's done for whatever you transfer your mp3's onto.

It's a funny thing, you get a bunch of tracks from bleep like elseq which makes a thing about having track art and then you put it on your phone and it's just album art. You would expect track art to just be there automatically. But yeah, cheers, i'll check out mp3tag tonight, it sounds like the best bet

Ok I dragged a folder into mp3tag and all the track info was already there, I change track and the track art changes like it's supposed to. So the issue is with the music players on my computer and devices, they aren't recognizing this data within the file so now I am going to try Kidrodi's original suggestion of foobar

Archived