IGNORED

AFX to headline Forbidden Fruit fest, Dublin

Kennylogg Bubblebath

It was absolutely stunning. I was right up the front so I can't comment on whether the whole crowd was into it but man... he killed it.

I think he played a lot of unreleased stuff. Could have been others' but a lot of it had the Aphex feel. One track sounded really like Squarepusher (the big sine drop one for anyone who was there) but I didn't know it, could be unreleased!

As for his own released stuff there was (floating in god mix), chink 101 and one of the Analords which came out of absolutely fucking nowhere! (I know the track but can't think of the name, maybe Reunion 2).

Visuals were class, music was totally banging and he brought Ryan Wyer out after he finished! It was lovely, him and his family came out to applause.

All in all it was spectacular. No vinyl onsale.

It truly was. Bringing Ryan out was just so sweet.

The Analord track was Cilonen. It was so strange when it came on because the overall sound was incredibly loud and intense and then I could just hear bumbum bumbum bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum sneaking in.

The mix was great, especially for outdoor, loads of definition in the sound.

On a side note, I don't know if they get much attention here but Booka Shade played on Saturday and they were phenomenal. They were before Orbital and honestly they were much better. Orbital were good, but they just didn't bang.

On a side note, I don't know if they get much attention here but Booka Shade played on Saturday and they were phenomenal. They were before Orbital and honestly they were much better. Orbital were good, but they just didn't bang.

Oh hell yeah! I'm a big Booka Shade fan (they are big Aphex Twin fans as well, which I find cool.. of course). I'm curious did the phex step out with Ryan and his fam at all? Or did he retreat to the shadowy depths as usual? 

Oh hell yeah! I'm a big Booka Shade fan (they are big Aphex Twin fans as well, which I find cool.. of course). I'm curious did the phex step out with Ryan and his fam at all? Or did he retreat to the shadowy depths as usual?

He didn't, which was kind of a shame.

AFX put on a great show, a good few remixes of older works (i think) but i was near the sound engineers  half way out, sheltering from the rain and there was a cross wind which in my opinion had a large impact on the sound. Never mind the twitter reports, it was a typical afx set, large majority of the crowd were not an afx crowd, picture a  fake tan clan and a good few dudes  walking around with their tops off showing their gym machined muscles even though it was cloudy and raining at times. I regretted going in early circa 5:30 - caught some of kink - fairly bopping, happy guy focusing on a bopping sound,  moderat were ok (not into them myself), if i had of known i would happily stayed at home longer or went for a few drinks. Personally i am done with festivals unless they are  low key alternative like the one in Cork (open ear) this weekend which i skipped due to Kraftwerk and Afx playing in Dublin - i won't attend any large festival, regardless of who is playing. I cringe at the thoughts of most of the crowd yesterday. Anyway, AFX show is cool, clearly his accepting these gigs for the big cheques and if his music/show appeals to a few more souls, that's a bonus.

Edited by empirix

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU8EP4SAfD7

Think this is that mix into an Analord you were talking about

holy crap, i bet that was sick, he's played my 3 absolute fave analord tracks at these gigs!! (bodmin 3, lisbon acid, cilonen) when he played lisbon acid at field day i couldn't believe it, was sooo happy

AFX put on a great show, a good few remixes of older works (i think) but i was near the sound engineers  half way out, sheltering from the rain and there was a cross wind which in my opinion had a large impact on the sound. Never mind the twitter reports, it was a typical afx set, large majority of the crowd were not an afx crowd, picture a  fake tan clan and a good few dudes  walking around with their tops off showing their gym machined muscles even though it was cloudy and raining at times. I regretted going in early circa 5:30 - caught some of kink - fairly bopping, happy guy focusing on a bopping sound,  moderat were ok (not into them myself), if i had of known i would happily stayed at home longer or went for a few drinks. Personally i am done with festivals unless they are  low key alternative like the one in Cork (open ear) this weekend which i skipped due to Kraftwerk and Afx playing in Dublin - i won't attend any large festival, regardless of who is playing. I cringe at the thoughts of most of the crowd yesterday. Anyway, AFX show is cool, clearly his accepting these gigs for the big cheques and if his music/show appeals to a few more souls, that's a bonus.

i would say field day and primavera are the last time i'll be doing one of these large scale twat fests