IGNORED

AFX to headline Forbidden Fruit fest, Dublin

Kennylogg Bubblebath

Best Aphex Twin show I have ever seen, never knew he had it in him, or never believed he could be bothered, but what a sound, top, ten out of ten, A#1, a bunch of stars, satisfaction, amen.

That track is fucking cool. Drums sound like some of the other new unreleased stuff. That switch up at 4:15. I love that. I can't wait for a new album. I think I like the sounds of this and the primavera track more than the houston track.

Edited by Bubba69

Damn, he played Death Fuck

and w32.mydoom.au@mm?

metal

Lo! thats my recording from the LAST FF afx played at!...

meanwhile in 2017....

My take on FF  vs FD

Visuals - well the Barn at FD was obviously indoor so the contained smoke/darkness showed off the lasers more, no surprise there. The displays and general graphics were the same though - i really got lost in the color schemes - excellent!

Crowd - as usual, more agro at the irish gig   - younger/drunker. Afx works best in ireland at his own shows in indoor venues. Its a pain to navigate through the messy festival crowd but once you're at the gig itself you're usually immersed in like-minded folks. I only go to irish festivals if they're tiny or afx is playing.

Set -  much more even than FD which was very disjointed and abstract for most of it. Im not complaining, just different vibes and each differently enjoyable and very welcome. I can't wait to hear the recordings now  and get lost in them again in a  different way. I recorded all of FF on my ipod but doubt its that usable - i will see later. Man AFX loves those squarepusher unreleased tracks!

Sound: slightly better at FF i thought with some odd moments at FD like Lisbon acid having the drums quiet - can't imagine it was on purpose but maybe

and w32.mydoom.au@mm?

metal

meanwhile in 2017....

My take on FF  vs FD

Visuals - well the Barn at FD was obviously indoor so the contained smoke/darkness showed off the lasers more, no surprise there. The displays and general graphics were the same though - i really got lost in the color schemes - excellent!

Crowd - as usual, more agro at the irish gig   - younger/drunker. Afx works best in ireland at his own shows in indoor venues. Its a pain to navigate through the messy festival crowd but once you're at the gig itself you're usually immersed in like-minded folks. I only go to irish festivals if they're tiny or afx is playing.

Set -  much more even than FD which was very disjointed and abstract for most of it. Im not complaining, just different vibes and each differently enjoyable and very welcome. I can't wait to hear the recordings now  and get lost in them again in a  different way. I recorded all of FF on my ipod but doubt its that usable - i will see later. Man AFX loves those squarepusher unreleased tracks!

Sound: slightly better at FF i thought with some odd moments at FD like Lisbon acid having the drums quiet - can't imagine it was on purpose but maybe

I was actually wondering if he will ever do his own shows again instead of festivals. At Field Day I heard this guy next to me saying to his friend that he thought Aphex Twin was a russian woman. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I politely told him he should be ashamed of himself :) 

That being said it would be really great to be at a concert where every single person is there only for Aphex... In general I prefer going to concerst of individual artists vs festivals for this exact reason. The vibe is different. Also at FD I remember when Airflow came on I feel like I was the only one who reacted to it in my vicinity, like no one recognised it... That would not happen at a concert. 

My Best Friend who happens to be my wife but we're separated now who might join watmm because of Aphex's show and the whole experience, and I got there around 16:20 sunday. We found a nice sunny spot to sit and started rolling. The gardaí were super chill cool as we sat, smoked cannabis and welcomed new friends to sit with us to the west of the stage until aphex started. We sat under the first skinny tall pole with the red flower on top near the long beer line, a few watmmers stopped and chatted to us. Was it you?

Quite a few random people I talked to were there for Aphex that hadn't heard of watmm.

"Other people are performing? I'm only here for Aphex Twin" Haha.

I helped one fellow watmmer up the hill to get his poncho to stay dry from the rain before rdj went on. I was in a state myself but he was in another world which I was quickly arriving at :) "It's up there, top of the hill. 5 euro." "You got to help me get one." "All right come on" We talked up the hill, exchanged watmm handles which I can't quite remember, laughed and somehow arrived at the back of the poncho tent from my lead?! A brisk walk up the hill will definitely bring out your crystal roll and I by now had arrived in that world. We had to walk around to the front and he dug for the fiver. He put on his poncho backwards, I turned it the right way and he stuck his head up through the opening like a happy growling monster. Haha!

Aphex began and the crowd was awesome the sound was perfect and the energy flowed and healed a lot of people!!! The was the best show I've ever experienced :) Thank You RDJ!!!

I pogo'd around and saw the many smiles further up the hill as the rain fell making sparkles in the lazers. Everyone was Happy, Loving, accepting of others but also truly loving and accepting themselves for once. Everyone had room to dance and create their awesome reality. Thanks to ya Aphex :)

We didn't need to use our earplugs!!! No ringing afterwards and it was the perfect loud sound coming at you, Wooooo!

I'm almost certain I heard s950tx16wasr10 [16397][earth portal mix] and the guy in front smiled and agreed. Anyone else hear it?

I told this dancing being next to me me to watch the geometric infinity on the screen and it will be transfered into your brain crystal. He pulled back his sleeve to reveal two of the same complex patterns :) I love going to raves!

I started recording the last couple of minutes of the show and didn't realize I hadn't stopped recording for 30 minutes after. Great conversations though, Haha. My Best Friend and I went down to the front of the stage after he was done but we didn't see him. That's when Ryan and his family came out and everyone cheered and yelled his name. Big smiles!! The reason RDJ didn't come out on stage with them was to let Ryan and his family have the awesome experience and not everyone focused on Aphex. You're the Best RDJ :)

We stood around thinking we might see him after that and I could yell Chartreuse. But still didn't see him and were told by security to start heading up the hill. My Best Friend said she was gonna walk around and find him. I started talking to everyone, slowly walking up the hill already reminiscing about the time we just had.

I got to the top and it was getting bare bones but I was still trying to find her before I was kicked out the gate. They let me try and find her real quick.

"Come on, He's just over there. I told him I'd find you and come back." She says as we meet. But he was gone and we were being told to get gone. I think she was the only one to see past his disguise and talk to him. If she joins watmm maybe she'll recount her experience :)

Last night, we finally watched the video and there he is at two different times walking within a foot or two of me in his awesome disguise while I'm talking about anything with everyone forgetting that I'm recording holding it down at my side lost in the conversation. Don't worry RDJ we won't say what you were wearing! Fooled everyone but not my intelligent Best Friend, Haha :)

We went back to the hotel, then out again to meet friends for a bit and then returned and listened to the amazing Chartreuse field day lp. The first track brought tears.

Thanks again RDJ, you help a lot of people.

Love that (possibly?) new track around 3:00 here:  

And oh snap he played Autechre! (VLetrmx21) - 

GD, and Balil Small Energies too!  <tears> - 

Edited by atypic

Love that (possibly?) new track around 3:00 here:  

And oh snap he played Autechre! (VLetrmx21) - 

GD, and Balil Small Energies too!  <tears> - 

the last two ones are from last forbidden fruit, not 2017 :-)

^ haha I did wonder why someone was shooting on mini dv in 2017

Oh man, my bad.  I didn't know he had done FF before so I didn't pay close enough attention (and was only listening, not watching).

and w32.mydoom.au@mm?

metal

meanwhile in 2017....

My take on FF  vs FD

ahh shit. my bad. nice upload though.

Has anyone started a tracklist for this set? Why such little interest in this one compared to Field day???

A quick listen to a couple of the above clips, I recognize a couple old classics -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_B3T3x_pLw

...and Derrick May...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbo7tkYoYc