IGNORED

Soulwax - From Deewee

BoomTssPhace

FROM%20DEEWEE%20album%20by%20Thomas%20Su

Soulwax will release their new album, ‘From DEEWEE’, on March 24 via the duo’s DEEWEE Records, it has been announced this morning.

It will be Soulwax’s first proper album since 2005’s ‘Nite Versions’ and will coincide with the duo’s European tour which kicks off this March.

‘From DEEWEE’ was recorded by Soulwax in one take at the Dewaele brother’s DEEWEE Studio in Ghent, Belgium on February 7 2017.

“Based on the ‘Transient Program For Drums and Machinery’ which began touring in the summer of 2016, we set out to record these songs live with the exact same setup, machines and musicians as we had on the road”, say Stephen and David Dewaele of the recording process.

Playing on the record are Stephen and David Dewaele, Stefaan Van Leuven, Iggor Cavalera, Victoria Smith, Blake Davies and Laima Leyton.

The instruments used are two Staccato drumkits, one clear crystalline Meazzi Wooding drumkit, one set of Rototoms, various Hofner bass guitars, a Macbeth M5n, an Oberheim Two-Voice Pro, a Two Thousand Six Hundred copy built by The Human Comparator, one Oberheim OB-Mx, an EMS Synthi AKS, an Arp Odyssey, a TB-303 clone, a Mellotron M4000D, a Sequential Prophet 6, a Waldorf Streichfett, a Burns Sonic guitar, a Vox Phantom guitar, one Syncussion clone built by Loudestwarning, various solid state Roland, Peavey and Acoustic amplifiers and a wide range of effects, all going through three Trident Fleximix consoles, straight into Pro Tools.

I'm pretty hyped about this. Blah blah blah about their first album since 05, but the work they've been doing in the past year-ish (live, remixes, that Transient Program track, their "curated" radio station on GTA) is incredibly fresh sounding

Reading through that gear list is titillating too but..........."a TB-303 clone" like which fcking one ???

I also wanna hear what this new studio/home makes them sound like cause it's svelte http://architizer.com/projects/studio-deewee-1/

I've always liked Soulwax. 2 Many DJ's opened me up to so much awesome music at a young age and their stuff as a band has been cool too. Will def check this out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived