IGNORED

Kafka Dub

Squee

Ok, so this hasn't been mixed or mastered properly. I'm putting this out there because I can't make up my mind whether to make it longer or not :)

Also, while we're here... I did a quick remix yesterday of one of my favourite tunes. I made it more mellow and minimalistic - and ambient-ish ;)

I see you're going for that burial rainy Sunday vibe in the first track  :cool:, mixing sounds pretty right / aight to me. Like to hear how this would differ from a proper mixed/mastered version as you call it. What would you use for mastering this wave? Curious as I'd like to step up my loudness game ;-) .

both are subtle and sounds carefully crafted to me. i wanna say "classy" but that sounds bad, but i mean it in a sophisticated and understated way. i like the kafka dub goes into another gear around the 2 min mark. when wondering if it's a good idea to extend something, i always do. i often find that the "extension" part tends up being better than the stuff i had at the beginning. so like, you can then just keep the older bits or just dive into the newer bits faster.

Ok, so this hasn't been mixed or mastered properly. I'm putting this out there because I can't make up my mind whether to make it longer or not :)

I found it could be longer, maybe with some more elements playing in the streched part

I like that track

i love the part at 3:06 (very mangled vocal sample?) and i'd be great to hear that part explored a little more. could add another 30 seconds-1 min and it'd still be fine imo, though unless there's a specific idea you would like to add or elongate i wouldn't expand it too much for the sake of it.

a sparse, chill track...  really nice spacing, really good feel, nice depth.  agree the mixing could use some work (vocals down, bass up, sharpen the snare, clean up the mid-low).

i think the opportunity exists for some very interesting percussion changes...  some sharp stabs, some intense breaks, nothing sustained, just within a bar or two to spice it up and some dynamic depth.

definitely doesn't need this...  but i might play with the vocal layering and have a little fun there as well.

overall, a good track that has potential to get better...  so, yes, in my humble opinion, keep working.

Hey Squee! It's good to see you're still into making music. Really love this track! I'm listening to it for the third time. To answer your question: yes, make it longer. Personally I think 3 min is way too short for a track like this. You have enough material to make it twice as long  :music: The vocal reminds of an old "mushroom jazz" track, very cool. Really like the overall atmosphere, lots of depth. Good work!

Archived