IGNORED

selected ambient works 85-92 was released 25 years ago today

d-a-m-o

Nice incentive to remind everyone that Renaat from R&S was interviewed on Belgian radio during the Syro media hype, where he told he was in contact with Aphex for... Something undisclosed. Not long after we had Aphex posting that SAW 1.5 playlist on soundcloud, omitting certain tracks and alt versions of some released tracks for a possible future release. 

Not expecting anything because you know how things go, but that would be lovely :) proper release of Sams Car is totally warranted.

Nice incentive to remind everyone that Renaat from R&S was interviewed on Belgian radio during the Syro media hype, where he told he was in contact with Aphex for... Something undisclosed. Not long after we had Aphex posting that SAW 1.5 playlist on soundcloud, omitting certain tracks and alt versions of some released tracks for a possible future release. 

Not expecting anything because you know how things go, but that would be lovely :) proper release of Sams Car is totally warranted.

Came here to post that ha ! I do hope an updated SAW will see the light of the day - if it's not this year, then maybe for the 30th, 35th, 40th anniversary???

This was actually the last Aphex Twin album I got around to checking out for some reason, after years of spinning Drukqs/ICBYD/SAW2/RDJ Album etc. I was even into stuff like Chosen Lords and The Tuss before I laid ears on SAW85-92, which I'm aware is quite a strange trajectory.

But yeh I got around to it eventually and fackin loved it. Soundtracked many of my rainy bus/train commutes in 2010.

Hope that 25th anniversary reissue is imminent/actually happening. I don't own this on vinyl yet and I've held off getting it since the SAW1.5 playlist. C'mon doods! (don't forget the Heliosphan acid mix either)

Tha is one of his greatest. Just perfectly navigates the border between braindance (stuck to a sofa and stuck inside the primal cerebral pathways inside your skull) and a fucking savage, rave in a field (locked into some primal dance).

Archived