IGNORED

Peak

sidewinder

It means that he has already overcome his peak of productivity and won't release anything anymore

:biggrin:

He did peak creatively some time back, but I'm still holding out hope. 

pff....ppfffff...pfff....pfff..pf......pffffffffffft. Like... wen?

Hate being negative...Not particularly feeling the new direction Clark (and Squarepusher as it happens) have gone in in general for the last few years. But I can see other people enjoying this one and can see it crossing over for a new audience/ people into more accessible chilled after-club listening. Four to the floor dance music isn't my thing I guess, though I see that around the straightforward core there is some nice textural stuff here and a more unusual (for this kind of music) Clark outro.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/clark_returns_with_death_peak_lp

More vocal samples yum

"Starts gently, all meadows and butterflies and ends with you on top of this gnarly fearsome mountain peak, surveying a shattered landscape below"

With peak magnetic at #3 I'm guessing this will not be a mellow one. So.... Turning Dragon pt2?

Yeah, I just wanted to chime in to say that I think he keeps getting better as he ages. "The Last Panthers" OST really socks you in the gut. I spin a track or two at the local BYOV show and it brings everyone down super hard. Then, I creep up the tempo and mood a bit with a few other tracks by other artists, and by the time I get to a track off "Flame Rave" everyone's moving. 

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned it anywhere but I saw this on his instagram. It's a totally original live set it seems, pretty stoked

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ3uhmdjW6K/?taken-by=throttleclark&hl=en

EDIT: I see he's using the analog rytm and the mini-logg, some DSI synth, some other stuff I don't know what it is off the top of my head.

Archived