IGNORED

Kassel Jaeger & Jim O'Rourke - Wakes On Cerulean

dingformung

a1842666902_10.jpg

Timely outing from two grand masters of exploratory electronics. Kassel Jaeger is the moniker of French musician François Bonnet who works at the GRM and has released a number of books including the highly regarded The Order of Sounds, A Sonorous Archipelago published by Urbanomic in 2016. Jim O’Rourke is known to most through his explorations of the song and shapes, the high and low, the east and south. 

Wakes on Cerulean is a joint adventure where process folds upon process and the operation of procedure remains unknown. Amongst a mysterious cloud of excited high frequencies tiny whistling howls. Frog leaps in technique lay out a thrilling and uplifting journey that runs from the soothing to ecstatic and back to the buoyant again. 

Wakes on Cerulean is a staggering feast of the joys found in electronic process. A malleable bubble of hovering excitement, melody and joyous refrain.

Buy: https://editionsmego.bandcamp.com/album/wakes-on-cerulean

Nice man! I really like Kassel Jaeger's work. He's got an amazing way with treated field recordings. O'Rourke needs no introduction, can't believe how prolific he's been these last few years. Should be an interesting release :)

Nice man! I really like Kassel Jaeger's work. He's got an amazing way with treated field recordings. O'Rourke needs no introduction, can't believe how prolific he's been these last few years. Should be an interesting release :)

It definitely is! What confuses me is the release date. It says March 10 but I was able to buy and download it before. Does that mean that it is a preview and there will be more tracks on March 10th or does it simply mean that they were too early? 34 min isn't long for an LP

It definitely is! What confuses me is the release date. It says March 10 but I was able to buy and download it before. Does that mean that it is a preview and there will be more tracks on March 10th or does it simply mean that they were too early? 34 min isn't long for an LP

Hmm according to Boomkat you're listening to the full release.

"Their first joint venture is a masterclass in the control and manipulation of electronic music to the lushest, intangible and psychedelic ends. Without disclosing the process behind the music, they lead us by the nose thru 35 minutes of enchanted harmonic colour and amorphous structures that flow into one another with mercurial subtlety, modelling something closer to gently mingling spring weather fronts or the beauty of nature than anything detectably manmade."

Hmm according to Boomkat you're listening to the full release.

"Their first joint venture is a masterclass in the control and manipulation of electronic music to the lushest, intangible and psychedelic ends. Without disclosing the process behind the music, they lead us by the nose thru 35 minutes of enchanted harmonic colour and amorphous structures that flow into one another with mercurial subtlety, modelling something closer to gently mingling spring weather fronts or the beauty of nature than anything detectably manmade."

thanks! I was hoping for another 20 minutes but still a great release

Archived