IGNORED

Clark - Death Peak

lawrenke

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Once I think I've seen everything, there's this.

The whole bibio iradelphic thing is stupid. He'd been working on most of the tracks since before he met him. Before Body Riddle. 

Where did you read this? 

He's talked about it several times. He'll talk about how old certain tracks are like how the pinning pt 1 was from 2005. He played Secret without the vocals during a 2006 radio mix. 

Speaking of, that track is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94uxx7nbmCM

First of all flol at all the death pig stuff. Clark must hate us hard, sorry  :emotawesomepm9:

The dancers: I think Clark is doing live shows with them for quite a while before that already did some music for contemporary dance shows. I actually like it.

I'm a hardcore Clark fanboy. The early stuff till Body Riddle is among the finest IDM out there. Turning Dragon and the s/t are the shit.

So I also have high hopes for the new LP which seems high energy though vocals on every track slightly worry me.

The new track is dope, though the intro and outro seem a bit forcefull to me. In general, his method of fading in some ambient shit at the end of tracks sounds just lazy and uninspired these days so often.

Also this:

Sorry for the third post, but I needed to come back and tell you guys we can really look forward to another outstanding LP from Clark like Turning Dragon / Clark. The vocals are integrated nicely as musical elements, the kicks and rhythms are straight in your face. Some real bangers on there. Sorry about this "lazy ambient" thing before, in context of the LP and the sometimes playful digital sound (he already hinted at with Totems Flare / Clark) it all makes perfect sence.

Sorry for the third post, but I needed to come back and tell you guys we can really look forward to another outstanding LP from Clark like Turning Dragon / Clark. The vocals are integrated nicely as musical elements, the kicks and rhythms are straight in your face. Some real bangers on there. Sorry about this "lazy ambient" thing before, in context of the LP and the sometimes playful digital sound (he already hinted at with Totems Flare / Clark) it all makes perfect sence.

Sorry, is it like Turning Dragon or Clark?

They are drastically different (at least to me). Either way, excited to see initial thoughts are "good"! 

Nothing will ever touch Turning Dragon I guess. What I wanted to say is like it's another serious Clark LP with mainly straight techno rhythms. TD / s/t / DP make a nice triology in my opinion. I'm out of here spoiled you enough  :emotawesomepm9:

turning dragon sucks lol the first two tracks are exciting because they are like this driving schizo techno and then it just deflates horribly. you think you're gonna get some rhythmic techno with IDM sound design and it just becomes.... that but somehow just not interesting 

penultimate persian is top notch clark

but i don't rate turning dragon as highly as others though.

still excited for this but seems like i suspected, straight forward beats. i would like some more fuckery from clark.

Jeez, why does he keep bottling it … It’s like a rollercoaster that instead of plummeting at the top just glides slowly down the hill. My running emotional commentary:

0:00 – 0:49 Right he’s fucking building up to something big here with those ominous clonks I can feel it

0:50 – 1:10 Ah OK so he’s doing some flashy arps just to build the tension a bit, it’s coming though.

1:10 – 1:52 Hmm, it’s coming (I reckon) – he’s overdoing the tension a bit but ooh a gap in the beat … this is it !

2:00 – 2:27 Ok back to the trace-arps again, this time though there’s some bass – This has to be it, maybe the first half was buildup, the second half is where it kicks in

2:30 - 3:07 Wait why’s it slowing down?!

3:08 – 3:41 He’s just faffing about now. Come on mate …..

3:42 – 5:07 The rollercoaster has ran out of fuel, it’s stuck in a puddle and it’s not going anywhere is it :(

Jeez, why does he keep bottling it … It’s like a rollercoaster that instead of plummeting at the top just glides slowly down the hill. My running emotional commentary:

0:00 – 0:49 Right he’s fucking building up to something big here with those ominous clonks I can feel it

0:50 – 1:10 Ah OK so he’s doing some flashy arps just to build the tension a bit, it’s coming though.

1:10 – 1:52 Hmm, it’s coming (I reckon) – he’s overdoing the tension a bit but ooh a gap in the beat … this is it !

2:00 – 2:27 Ok back to the trace-arps again, this time though there’s some bass – This has to be it, maybe the first half was buildup, the second half is where it kicks in

3:42 – 5:07 The rollercoaster has ran out of fuel, it’s stuck in a puddle and it’s not going anywhere is it :(

tl;dr

"where's the drop?"   ? lol

tl;dr

Haha - Oddly for something that I normally feel it cheesy and cheap, aye it was what I was pining for ... well, some sort of crazy freak out at least !

I just want him to kick the shit out of the speakers a la -

tl;dr

Haha - Oddly for something that I normally feel it cheesy and cheap, aye it was what I was pining for ... well, some sort of crazy freak out at least !

I just want him to kick the shit out of the speakers a la -

Same, that's what I'd like to hear from him! Miss those days

giphy.gif

Anyone thinking about catching one of these shows? Apparently Com Truise and Roland Tings are gunna be with him. Super tempting but fuckin nashville is the closest stop to me which is still 10 hrs of driving

Archived