IGNORED

General dissastisfaction

Ifeelspace

the hanging-out-with-losers strategy might give you some happiness in the short run, but you'll feel more shite in the end because

a) you are hanging out with losers

b) you are becoming more of a loser yourself, because you become like the people you hang out with

c) which makes it harder to succeed because you are being reinforced by the people around you that everything is fine as it is.

d) you do not aspire to something better, and here you are stuck in an even shittier place

effectively you are evaluating downwards. this is not healthy: trust me: i've been on watmm for a while now :emotawesomepm9:

hanging out with people more succesful than you can help you aspire to become more like them. yes, it's harder work, gives you some punches in the ego, but will get your more in the end (cuz you are evaluating upwards)

what is success to you anyway? try answering that question first.

in the end, the comparing yourself with others is still a bad way to evaluate your own life, because you are still dependant on an external source for your happiness. the only joy, the only happiness or satisfaction can be found if you are truly content with the person you are.

stand in front of mirror

get tackle out

say:

"I am a star.

I'm a star. I'm a star. I'm a star.

I am a big, bright shining star."

put tackle back in.

repeat if necessary

It works - this man went on to become a United States Senator.

humans evolved to be annoyed. the complacent, laying in the grass, got eaten by tigers. the dissatisfied were looking around and saw the tigers coming.

we have annoyance juice in our brains and it finds something to apply itself to.

Archived