IGNORED

Unlock Your True Potential

granty

I like the concret style perc in the opening, and the turn it takes halfway is nice. I like where it goes from there. The vocal sample is a nice touch though perhaps mixed a little loud near the end. Reminds me a bit of that Panthu Du Prince collab with Bell Laboratory, but less acoustic sounding.

really nice stuff. a lot of different sections and they all work well. i like the percussive elements in a lot of your work. personally i'd back off the reverb (volume/presence) in general and particularly on certain elements on the section around 1:50.

the reverb is usually very prominent in your tracks and it sounds like you may use a global reverb when mixing? i'd keep a lot of elements a little drier but this is a personal preference and you may like it this way as a stylistic choice.

very nice my dude.

really nice stuff. a lot of different sections and they all work well. i like the percussive elements in a lot of your work. personally i'd back off the reverb (volume/presence) in general and particularly on certain elements on the section around 1:50.

the reverb is usually very prominent in your tracks and it sounds like you may use a global reverb when mixing? i'd keep a lot of elements a little drier but this is a personal preference and you may like it this way as a stylistic choice.

very nice my dude.

Very valid point mate. I do use a lot of reverb (especially D16 Toraverb which is lush) and it gets a bit muddy as a result. I also tend to use to many layers, which has the same result. I like that feeling is space, or the sense of someone performing in a room, but it's a fine line to tread imo - plus it's a bit of a cheap way of masking my sucky mixing skills. Gonna stick to this arrangement and dial a few things back, see how it sounds.

Really digging this! I agree that it's a bit muddy in parts, but I do like the verb quite a bit, so maybe some automation of the dry/wet controls might ease things up a bit. But I love the progression and the beat, I feel like I could get lost in this. Especially the first two minutes, wow!

Archived