IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Impossible Star

Rubin Farr

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah there’s something quite inexplicable about his work where those samples don’t quite feel kitschy, they’re more like curious artifacts that come back to life under his spells and techniques.

i’m really looking forward to this one. I am, in fact, cum.

It's weird because like Satyricon era definitely felt kitschy... and then something happened between then and Subliminal Sandwich and the kitsch dissolved and what was left was this fascinating parallel universe where the the 1950s never ended and spies are ubiquitous. I think it had something to do with hallucinogens and/or California... maybe that giant old modular helped too.

It's weird because like Satyricon era definitely felt kitschy... and then something happened between then and Subliminal Sandwich and the kitsch dissolved and what was left was this fascinating parallel universe where the the 1950s never ended and spies are ubiquitous. I think it had something to do with hallucinogens and/or California... maybe that giant old modular helped too.

remember feeling very impatient for this. i think it might have been delayed initially.. i remember drool when it said '2x disc'. this is dangers coming out me thinks.. amazing new things in this.. and it came at a very appropriate time for me.. wow, what a time this was for so many of us.. right?

remember feeling very impatient for this. i think it might have been delayed initially.. i remember drool when it said '2x disc'. this is dangers coming out me thinks.. amazing new things in this.. and it came at a very appropriate time for me.. wow, what a time this was for so many of us.. right?

yeah i was 4 lol

i first heard SS when i was 14 in a cd store where they had it in a new release bay where you could put on headphones and check shit out. i was really into nin at the time and jack had appeared with a remix on the "closer to god" ep which i thought was excellent. but as soon as i heard the dub vox i was like "fuck this reggae shit." not long after i saw the "asbestos lead asbestos" video and immediately went to either circuit city or best buy (i forget which) to pick it up. this is literally my origin story. before this record i was a boy. after this record i became spiritual being.

this is literally my origin story. before this record i was a boy. after this record i became spiritual being.

haha, well said..

This is actually pretty accurate for me. Before this record my collection consisted of the most interesting rock that MTV was willing to play during daytime hours. SubSan really was my gateway.

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish that Nocebo and Lurker were not on here. Those tracks are excellent but for me they throw things back to a completely different time in my life - one I don't care to remember. So having them crop up in an otherwise brand new listening experience means I'm going to have to chop them from the album.

Yeah, first world problem stuff.

im sure both tracks will fit quite nicely in the overall context of the album despite being repeats, (unless they are extended mixes?) either way im looking forward to it

Hmm I don't love when new albums feature previously released tracks, but that Skam EP was great and Synthesizer Test is great so if those 3 tracks are any indication of the album's sound, that's amazing. 

https://crimeleague.bandcamp.com/track/rzla-mmxmetamix-by-jack-dangers

Something recent to tide you all over for a bit...

damn. i think jack is having a moment right now, that shit is lush af

yeah, this is real nice... the album is gonna be tits!

Isn't Nocebo also off the Skam EP? That's two tracks that everyone's already bought/heard.

Synthesizer Test was on the MBM website like 10 years ago. So 10 new tracks / 3 old ones.

Synthesizer Test was also on the Brainbox comp released a year ago... https://www.discogs.com/Various-Brainbox/release/9312886

Yes indeed, seems like 'Synthesizer Teste' (mind the e) is a slightly different version than the one we've released though ...

Looking forward!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived