IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Impossible Star

Rubin Farr

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yea, looking forward to some new MBM. I did also really enjoy the last Skam release - especially compared to the more dubby stuff before. 

Currently bumping Satyricon when I ran across this thread.  :music:

Damn that house is fantastic. 

ACID was a disappointment esp after autoimmune was actually classic dangers. listened to RUOK? today and damn that fuckin first half of the album is next to perfect. No one combines amazing synth work with breaks and samples like him. MBM are special, folks...

ACID was a disappointment esp after autoimmune was actually classic dangers. listened to RUOK? today and damn that fuckin first half of the album is next to perfect. No one combines amazing synth work with breaks and samples like him. MBM are special, folks...

Yes. RUOK one of my favorite albums ever (alongside Subliminal Sandwich of course).

Oh and Loudness Clarifies. Killer.

• 1 month later...

Official album announcement.  January 19, 2018:

http://meatbeatmanifesto.com/meat-beat-manifesto-announces-new-record/

MBMFRONT3.jpg

1. ONE
2. Bass Playa
3. We Are Surrounded
4. Unique Boutique
5. Nocebo
6. Impossible Star
7. Lurker
8. T.M.I
9. Liquidators
10. Nereus Rov
11. Synthesizer Teste
12. Rejector
13. The Darkness

Finally! Been waiting patiently for this all year... If it's continuing on the aesthetic in "Lurker" and then Kasm EP this should be awesome!

Also I've always said that RUOK? was underrated, the microtonal synths and such are incredibly on point throughout the album definitely one of my favs from them.

i haven't really connected with anything else of his that I've heard.

damn what an error

Subliminal Sandwich. Now.

Once the volume control has been set, Do not readjust. Do not readjust.

might i also recommend RUOK?

Finally! Been waiting patiently for this all year... If it's continuing on the aesthetic in "Lurker" and then Kasm EP this should be awesome!

Also I've always said that RUOK? was underrated, the microtonal synths and such are incredibly on point throughout the album definitely one of my favs from them.

this!

I was lucky enough to buy kasm 2.2 for 10 euros..... and you know where ?

In Lyon for the Autechre live in november 2016

Only one copy, i was the nerdiest, waiting for the merchandising booth to open, and grabbed it right away ! :)

(Of course i bought as well all ae merchandise available)

first half of RUOK is some of the best dangers anywhere, anytime. second half drags a bit for some reason.

I disagree, I think it's damn solid throughout... The only thing I don't really like is that Happiness Supreme is kind of an unpleasant  and awkward ending... would have been perfect if he subbed in the version from In Dub.

The only single track that seems to drag just a bit is Hankerchief Head, but even that isn't a bad track by any means...

Last half of Actual Sounds is one of my all time musical highs. Incredible medley.

I love most of this album. I actually like more of the first half than the second half but "Three Floors Above You" and "Funny Feeling" are pretty great. The guitar sampling in the latter really left an impression on me.

I'm thinking the cover is supposed to be Trump. Jack is usually sublime in his political critiques, at least since Satyricon. It uses the same old flip face from the Autoimmune days. He does live in Cali, and I can imagine Trump has almost no fans out there among the artistic community. Hopefully at least one biting vocal track or two on this album.

I'm thinking the cover is supposed to be Trump. Jack is usually sublime in his political critiques, at least since Satyricon. It uses the same old flip face from the Autoimmune days. He does live in Cali, and I can imagine Trump has almost no fans out there among the artistic community. Hopefully at least one biting vocal track or two on this album.

I think that's reaching quite a bit... it doesn't really look like Trump much at all tbh, i think it's just meant to be a foreboding face

I think that's reaching quite a bit... it doesn't really look like Trump much at all tbh, i think it's just meant to be a foreboding face

The elements of those faces is quite limited, but it could be the closest approximation they could accomplish.  Not sure if Jack does his own cover art now, or still uses Rich Borge?

Archived