IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Impossible Star

Rubin Farr

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Isn't Nocebo also off the Skam EP? That's two tracks that everyone's already bought/heard.

Synthesizer Test was on the MBM website like 10 years ago. So 10 new tracks / 3 old ones.

Synthesizer Test was also on the Brainbox comp released a year ago... https://www.discogs.com/Various-Brainbox/release/9312886

jack imbues his futuristic synth tunes with this indelible, ineffable 50s PSA culture nostalgia. It's not just his sample choices either, although they contribute to a lot of the feel. Somehow the compositions and sounds have this aged feel - but it's never trite and obvious. A kind of musical fat rendering of a mid-century stew. I don't know how he does it but it's just fabulous and makes me very happy.

yeah there’s something quite inexplicable about his work where those samples don’t quite feel kitschy, they’re more like curious artifacts that come back to life under his spells and techniques.

i’m really looking forward to this one. I am, in fact, cum.

Archived