IGNORED

Drone Flying Over Draining Dam Looks Like Black Hole

Joyrex

looks like a big bum hole

Worst soundtrack ever.

Yes to both. "Highway to hell" coupled with this sphincter-like appearance could support speculation that it's...Satan's anus.

Who knows where that water is actually headed though. Maybe it could be tapped as a source for groundwater later on if water scarcity becomes an issue again.

It's just bypassing the turbines and metering the water downstream, that's all.  But yeah, aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) is pretty sound in principle and we're probably going to see a lot more of it in the coming decades.

It's just bypassing the turbines and metering the water downstream, that's all. But yeah, aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) is pretty sound in principle and we're probably going to see a lot more of it in the coming decades.

Hey man quit making cool shit boring with yr facts, this is a freaking black hole made of water capable of sucking down literally dozens of children per minute. And who knows where the water goes! Inner Earth theory anyone???!?!?

Worst soundtrack ever.

this is probably a dad with a lot of money to spend on a niche hobby - hence "I'll put AC/DC as the soundtrack"

it's the same I've noticed with cool footage of aircraft - the uploader oft decides to "spice it up" with some shitty mp3 copy of a overplayed hard rock song

Worst soundtrack ever.

LOL, I watched it with the sound off, so I didn't realize it had music.

That's awesome.

I wish he had sent the drone down the hole though.

Then we'd probably not have a video to watch I reckon...

Title includes glory hole. Wonder why it popped up in your search results joyrex....

That's what the locals call it - I found it on a science site I'll have you know...

Worst soundtrack ever.

LOL, I watched it with the sound off, so I didn't realize it had music.

That's awesome.

I wish he had sent the drone down the hole though.

Then we'd probably not have a video to watch I reckon...

Title includes glory hole. Wonder why it popped up in your search results joyrex....

That's what the locals call it - I found it on a science site I'll have you know...

Ah, the old "strictly research" gambit eh?

:wink:

Imagine being sucked off into one of those things. *shudders*

Actually, this spillway already claimed a victim.

ORIGINAL STORY: Napa -- Emily Schwalek, 41, of Davis was killed Sunday when she was sucked down a spillway at the Monticello Dam at Lake Berryessa.

The spillway, which drops straight down more than 200 feet, is known as the Glory Hole. It routes excess water from the lake down an 8-foot-wide pipe.

Authorities said witnesses reported seeing Schwalek swimming toward the spillway at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/NORTH-BAY-Woman-Sucked-Into-Lake-Berryessa-2849821.php

Archived