usagi

unnamed2.jpg

(beautiful cover work by Simon Fowler, also did A&D)

1. City of Fallen Angels
  2. Gasoline
  3. Agoraphobia
  4. Snakes Vs Rats
  5. Broke
  6. American Dream
  7. Don't Walk These Streets
  8. Other Side of the World
  9. Hell A
  10. Concrete Desert
  11. Dog (featuring JK Flesh)!!!
  12. Pray (featuring JK Flesh)!!!
  13. Another Planet

holly fuck, an entire LP. with JKB back on a few tracks. I'm excited.

there appears to be only a 30 second sample floating around at the moment.

Guest bitroast

a+d was good i liked it but i def treated the second half as an EP kinda something a whole lot more than i did listen to the whole thing start to finish.

looking forward to this !

The only track I've heard from this collab so far was Cold, which I think was either right before or right after my trip to attend the Ae/Cygnus/Rob Hall NA tour in late 2015.

Any release date announcement on this LP yet?

Any release date announcement on this LP yet?

March 24th

Really looking forward to this one, I'm a pretty big Dylan Carlson fan and you can't go wrong with The Bug either, should be damn good.

Angels & Devils was a big letdown for me, but the various singles and EPs since have been more hit than miss, and the single sounds really good:

this reminds me so much of nin & how to destroy angels stuff , just imagine trent reznor voice over it !

what do you guys think ?

• 1 month later...

man this is heavy, really dig the overall vibe and concept

def a grower but that's how the previous Bug and Earth collabs were for me as well

• 3 weeks later...

Had this album playing in my car on my drive downtown today... Stormy weather, lots of thunder and lightning in the sky and heavy rain, accidents on the interstate traffic crawling, inching closer and closer to the skyscrapers, the soundtracking by this album was PERFECT! Dylan Carlsons's ominous riffs and the added atmosphere and percussion of The Bug work really well together to create this claustrophobic feeling of urban sprawl.

Definitely will be giving this some heavy rotation.

^ yes. Dog is a version of Snakes vs Rats with JK Flesh vocals, Pray is a version of Broke with JK Flesh vocals, the third track is an 11-minute drone piece with no vocals. you can hear them on the bandcamp page.

I like the JK Flesh tracks a lot, they're the better versions compared to the main album tracks.

Archived