IGNORED

9A9A Ran

EXTRASUPER81

The track 9A9A Ran on the new touched compilation Covert 2 has a heavy ae vibe (that said I have listened to about 10 seconds on my phone speakers so my feelings might change on this). Name also is pretty typical. Other opinions. At this point I am jonesing so hard for the livesets anything I can get is sweet succour.

Agreed with you on that caze. My guess would be that it's exm, who definitely falls into that AE-clone territory with some of his tunes, and has released stuff on Touched before. Sounds like him more than AE of any era to my ears.

Having now listened properly I'm pretty sure it is. I know what you mean, the rhythms and drum sounds are very reminiscent of lp5, but other stuff: the main melody sound is reminiscent of some sounds on oversteps, the way the track evolves, the ducking/gating type stuff in the second half of the track, the pad stabs (er, if you get me). It's also a total banger. I mean if it isn't autechre, it's someone doing a masterful facsimile of a masterful autechre track...fwiw

I'll have to check me out some EXM.

greatest form, but mofo content maaaan == autechre

mosty form, weak content =/= autechre

great form, weak content == syl or such

weak form, weak content == regular ae wannabe == lol

I could buy this being an ae track they knocked together a while back and has been sitting on the shelf. I love it anyway, absolutely shit hot.

For me the clickedy-clackedy percussion layer doesn't seem like it structually evolves enough throughout the track to be Ae. Normally if you skip though an Ae track you have a 'how the hell did we get here' vibe, whereas if you skip though this it kinda doesn't change that much throughout

Archived