IGNORED

Album recommendations for an LSD peak

kichiguy

Does anyone else find music unlistenable when on LSD? Maybe on a low dose it would still be relatable, but I found that I couldn't distinguish emotionally between the music and all the other unfamiliar sensations1345447470_SmartSelect_20230519_080553_AdblockBrowser.gif.249db07f1c121aceb64f66176c7d1129.gif

Also, this happened on my phone, so I think talking about this is giving the website flashbacks 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

Don't think I've ever listened through a whole album tripping 😆

I did the first time.. TCH and Geogaddi in the middle of winter doing a small hike in the swiss countryside. Friend of mine walking next to me doing the same with her music. Thinking about it now we must've looked ridiculous but everyone we met we had a great time with :biggrin:

I second the Butthole Surfers -Locust Abortion Technician is great, but really their first four records on Touch & Go are all immaculate, as well the EP Cream Corn from the Socket Davis.

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma is the obvious choice here.

Negativland - a wide an expansive catalog, my favs are Helter Stupid, Over the Edge Vol 2 (Pastor Dick), Vol 6 (The Willsaphone Stupid Show), Vol 8( Sex Dirt), and Dispepsi

If you really want to lose your mind, Nurse With Wound/The Hafler Trio - self-titled. Please listen with a trip guide.

For the come down maybe some lovely chill - lots has been suggested already (but I would definitely second Orb - Live 93), I'd add The Higher Intelligence Agency - Colourform, Celer (mostly just lush pads) - I Love You So Much I Can't Even Title This (may make you cry it's too beautiful) or It Would Have, But It Wasn't (also may make you cry), virtually anything from Deepchord but The Coldest Season would be my choice here.

I feel the opposite from our dear friend Salv - serious drone music is way too introspective and intense. Listening to Eliane Radigue's Adnos I-III for example would be devastating for the psyche.

But honestly - trips should be a discovery, every person has their own path to visit. Physical media wherever possible!