IGNORED

Album recommendations for an LSD peak

kichiguy

all these tracks are going to be irritating and too complicated to process at peak LSD. I would recommend drone music.

Hell the sound of a refrigerator hum would probably be mind blowing

Honestly, I have listened to a lot of idm, ambient house, psychedelic chillout and glitch while peaking and found it very appealing. But a neuroscience study from Imperial College backs up your claim about drone, as do some of my own experiences with Eliane Radigue, SOTL etc. Although this study was conducted in a controlled environment on a pretty tiny dose, 75 ug. I guess I personally bounce back and forth between the droning music and more complex stuff depending on my headspace. 

In recent trials, it's been Kaelen's responsibility (among other things) to design the perfect playlist for a scientifically-sanctioned psychedelic trip with strict research requirements—a task that requires both a creative sensibility and a respect for the rigorous framework of scientific procedures.

What music is suitable for judging emotional responses on acid? The participants listened to two different playlists, the "emotional potency" of which were balanced based on earlier assessments from a separate group of people. The selected tracks were among those judged most likeable and least familiar—Kaelen explained that familiarity with a track could influence people's emotional response. "If music is too familiar, it can reduce the ability to have a new experience, because you already had an experience with that song before in your life," he noted.

The resulting playlists both include ambient and neo-classical tracks by artists Brian McBride, Ólafur Arnalds, Arve Henriksen, and Greg Haines. Kaelen said Haines, a British composer, was a popular choice—he's used tracks by him in several trials. "His song was just pointed out again and again as a favourite, so to speak," he said.

The study...found that information flow between the parahippocampal cortex—which has been linked to memory—and the visual cortex was reduced under LSD. But with music as well, communication between these two areas increased. Kaelen started by selecting a library of music which was then put to a separate group to be rated on their emotional impact. "Initially I wanted to work with very evocative, very emotionally strong neo-classical music, but considering the challenging environment people are in within the fMRI scanner, I actually thought maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to expose people to really intense emotional environment," he explained. "I ended up selecting music that has a very relaxing and very positive general atmosphere within it—mainly music by an ambient music artist called Robert Rich."

Kaelen eventually selected two seven-minute excerpts from tracks by Robert Rich and Lisa Moskow, from their collaborative 1995 album Yearning. He described the tracks as calming with melodic strings (Moskow plays a sarod, an Indian instrument similar to a sitar). "It had a lot of very typical ambient instruments in there—a synth, a flute—but it also had an instrument with a clear melody line that people could follow," he said.

all these tracks are going to be irritating and too complicated to process at peak LSD. I would recommend drone music.

i like the complicated shit or funk type things or interesting techno.  drone music for a minute maybe but mostly it's really dependent on the trip. at some point you jus surrender.

i like the complicated shit or funk type things or interesting techno.  drone music for a minute maybe but mostly it's really dependent on the trip. at some point you jus surrender.

Listened to SAW2 once on acid (actually think it may have been a 2-c-x of some sort), and my refrigerator kicked in humming. The hum of the refrigerator dropped off at EXACTLY during the part in CD2 track 2 where the hum changes.

It was a mind esplodes type of moment.

Me and the waifu looked over at the fridge from across the room and we had those magnetic strip word things you can use to spell stuff? They were moving around and spelling stuff for us. Weird thing is we were both seeing the same things spelled out?

Picked up V snares Calvacade of Glee album and the cow machine parts were all moving too. Then we picked up Squarepusher's Hello Everything cd and all the hands on the cover were moving and playing the instruments on the front.

It was really intense.

Dadavistic Orchestra: Dokument .01 and .02 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IccBjSGsdXQ

Biosphere: Shenzhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjtflhV02A

Monolake: Hongkong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMhuhRstLmQ

Vladislav Delay: Demon Tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNsXj-MaEu8

Mike & Rich makes for a wacky trip too. Me and my buddy once went to the record store and picked up a bunch of CD's then proceeded to go back to my place and drop a few stamps. We ended up reading every CD booklet in its entirety and decided after much deliberation that Mike & Rich were the only dudes cool enough to chill with us. So we hid all the other music around the house and just sat on the floor next to the upright CD case for a few hours

Edited by NI64

Mike & Rich makes for a wacky trip too. Me and my buddy once went to the record store and picked up a bunch of CD's then proceeded to go back to my place and drop a few stamps. We ended up reading every CD booklet in its entirety and decided after much deliberation that Mike & Rich were the only dudes cool enough to chill with us. So we hid all the other music around the house and just sat on the floor next to the upright CD case for a few hours

lol