IGNORED

Scary Window

nice work! i love the sounds you've used, particularly the Boards of Canada style leads. what equipment are you using?

flesh some of these ideas out and you'll have some have some great tracks.

lol @ the intro to that second track, I'm also interested in what you are using.. how do you get such clean tape effects?

sweet stuff.. love the sudden silences

The tape effects are created by playing back on a Pioneer CT-F500 I got from a thrift store. Holding the pause button half way down makes it sound wonky, but there's a small threshold between slow and paused so that's why it will stop unexpectedly. The rambling mono synth is FM8.

• 4 weeks later...

The tape effects are created by playing back on a Pioneer CT-F500 I got from a thrift store. Holding the pause button half way down makes it sound wonky, but there's a small threshold between slow and paused so that's why it will stop unexpectedly. The rambling mono synth is FM8.

Man, that tape effect is fucking awesome...

Also, I would love to hear you make some ambient music for a video game. For some reason I expect that to be a match made in heaven.

Damn, man! I have to stop at this thread. Between yourself, Mr Roque and beathaven, I have ton of music that I feel the need to dive into head first and not stop going deeper until card-people start chanting: "Off with his head!".

This is good. I'm loving all of this. The sounds and melodies are brilliant. I really like that they seem to come across sounding like you're having a blast messing around with your gear, and yet hitting the nail on the head each time. I get similar vibes from BoC's Old Tunes and how they must've made them. I'd love it if you kept going with stuff like this. Also, thanks for making downloads available!

I remember being very impressed by the artists here over the years. But this is just awesome music. I'm very glad I've returned to WATMM, and very happy to see the music coming from here, in such various styles, to have only moved uphill. Bravo!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks lads.

New one, hot off the presses. Sorry for the cheezy radio samples, I wanted to jazz up some blank spaces, but it sounds like I'm trying to go out of my way to be slightly lo-fi.

Changed it up slightly. still not great, but I'm in some kinda mood where I just have to share trax with the world.

And another fresh one from 15 minutes ago. (I'm trying to think less & post more)

https://soundcloud.com/scarywindow/herewegoagaingross

• 1 year later...

Archived