IGNORED

Your favourite AE artwork?

Sam

Just stuck the catalogue on my phone there and, man, it's sweet as fuck scrolling down through the tracks seeing all that artwork fly by.

It's hard not to pick the 94-96 period of artwork, especially the Tri Repeatae liner gear, but i think the run from Confield to Untilted has to be my favourite.

Really hoping they move away from the circles/squares motif soon, after 8 years it's quite hard to get excited about. Having said that, the artwork for the bleepstore sets was fucking boss.

Would be quite nice to see more of this -

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/18/5f/ec185f605c10c80d7c5916daeda4481d.jpg

Had a lovely industril, cargo-y "Alien" feel to it...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like EP7 aesthetic of straight line clusters, Quaristice for spacing/kerning of letters, Oversteps for black holes/zen enso versions

As a whole it's hard to decide, a tie between Quaristice steel case and Bullwallet

Untilted and Envane both have top notch artworks.

Amber indeed fits the music very well but it's so weird having an actual photograph as an Autechre artwork, it somehow feels wrong to me.

Chiastic Slide

Quaristice/Quadrange

EP7

AE Live

Oversteps/Move of Ten

Draft 7.30

Confield

LP 5

Tri Repetae

Exai

El Seq

Incunabula

Amber

That order.

I got into Designers Republic from Chiastic Slide. So that has always been a favorite.

If we're judging actual physical objects rather than just the images, the Quaristice steel case and EP7 frosted case are both pretty awesome.

Exai is a close second to Quaristice Limited Edition.

Design and execution is so perfectly done.

I still kick myself for not buying the Quaristice Versions CD, but I was a bit underwhelmed on first listen (and subsequently for a year or two) with much of Quaristice. It looks so fucking nice.

Draft

Untilted

Gantz Graf vídeo

God I love Alex Rutterford.

If you watch the first scene of his PSP advert closely you'll notice paintings that look like Untilted cover in the background of the art gallery... Also the cover iterations in his website are mindblowing

Then

Confield

AE-onesix

Tri rep

Amber

Quaristice

Also love the drawings in Gescom's keynell (on the Disc itself not the EP cover)

quaristice

ae_live (the font remix)

full.jpg

onesix style was pretty rad, too.

untilted gets special mention cos it fits the music exeptionally well imo.

draft is cool but doesn't fit the music at all tbh.

lp5 lp version packaging is good packaging.

exai i can't unsee some stupid face in those blocks :( (to the left... don't look for it, you've been warned!)

Archived