IGNORED

Key Nell appreciation

atypic

Ha, don't think I've ever had the ae mixes. Are these available digitally on Bleep? I can't find them.

is this a joke? 90% of this thread is literally discussing how they're not on blorp anymore ;p

anyways you should absolutely find/dl them because they are way better than the original key nell

Ha, don't think I've ever had the ae mixes. Are these available digitally on Bleep? I can't find them.

is this a joke? 90% of this thread is literally discussing how they're not on blorp anymore ;p

anyways you should absolutely find/dl them because they are way better than the original key nell

LOL my bad. Didn't properly read the thread.

Keynell remixes are my most listened to gescom related release by far.  The atmosphere is amazing.  The manipulated voice samples are amazing.  I LOVE this release, but mainly the second track

Yes also the second track.. really classic AE tune right there. Only thing that I dont like about it is that loud delay feedback thing penetrating my ears at the end of the track  :wink:

Has it been discussed that the title = kinell as in fuckinnnnn hell?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kinell&amp=true&defid=334750

Well bola is part of the gescom collective and has a thing for doing this with his own titties, so I wouldn't doubt it.

I always just assumed it's a tribute album to Tony Award winning actress and singer Nell Carter and that the chopped and flipped vocals came from "Gimme a Break" outtakes

bola is part of the gescom collective and has a thing for doing this with his own titties, so I wouldn't doubt it

Bola loves doing things with his own titties, and who can blame him. bolabigtitties.jpg

• 3 years later...

If you've got this far you're a sad trainspotter.

I went for the shelf to have a listen and noticed that for some reason I have two copies of WAP88, but only one of SKA007. Weird.

I also found my stash of Skam paraphernalia, including

GescomPuzzle.jpg.75133c7fa7042f0a64a09adc3f9c70a6.jpg

17 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Slow Acid's toggle percussion is dope but the track feels more like a proof of concept(s)

If that is a proof of concept, where is the concept's output?

Anyway, it feels like ear candy in all regards to me, the end "pop song" result of certain sound sculpting.

23 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

If that is a proof of concept, where is the concept's output?

The track itself, of course ? it just feels to me like any number of Autechre tracks built around a clever concept or three, e.g. Fold 4 Wrap 5, Dial, Io, etc. Of course, it's Gescom so R&S's involvement remains indeterminate. 

5 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

The track itself, of course ? it just feels to me like any number of Autechre tracks built around a clever concept or three, e.g. Fold 4 Wrap 5, Dial, Io, etc. Of course, it's Gescom so R&S's involvement remains indeterminate. 

Slow Acid is more of a far continuation of much older "proof of concept" which was the early acid (a minimal beat plus acid line), it does nothing on top of it conceptually, yet goes out of its way to modify it sonically.

Fold 4 Wrap 5 and Dial (and IO is already recognized as something in the vein of Dial, i believe), they try out the somewhat abnormal thing -- now i don't hear what is abnormal and concept-y about Slow Acid, i mean it shows out nothing beside a very minimal Ae-type repetitive breakbeat and swooshes of acidic lines and a little Autechrian play of nuance.

Not that i see anything unfulfilling about those examples, on the contrary the somewhat standard idea behind Slow Acid is probably its disadvantage to me, yet the level of lushness is irresistible. I think this was partly the logic behind releasing this track outside of Ae (given its minimal nature it's hardly done by more than one half of Ae).

20 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

Slow Acid is more of a far continuation of much older "proof of concept" which was the early acid (a minimal beat plus acid line), it does nothing on top of it conceptually, yet goes out of its way to modify it sonically.

Fold 4 Wrap 5 and Dial (and IO is already recognized as something in the vein of Dial, i believe), they try out the somewhat abnormal thing -- now i don't hear what is abnormal and concept-y about Slow Acid, i mean it shows out nothing beside a very minimal Ae-type repetitive breakbeat and swooshes of acidic lines and a little Autechrian play of nuance.

Not that i see anything unfulfilling about those examples, on the contrary the somewhat standard idea behind Slow Acid is probably its disadvantage to me, yet the level of lushness is irresistible. I think this was partly the logic behind releasing this track outside of Ae (given its minimal nature it's hardly done by more than one half of Ae).

This is totally subjective, but Slow Acid doesn't sound much like acid to me, other than the really juicy filter (or FM or wavefolding or whatever the heck is going on) on the main synth line. And I guess what feels concept-y to me is just that toggle rhythm, which is a simple concept I really like.

Oddly, this fits your acid description a lot better to me, and sounds less concept-y to me. Again totally subjective:

19 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

This is totally subjective, but Slow Acid doesn't sound much like acid to me, other than the really juicy filter (or FM or wavefolding or whatever the heck is going on) on the main synth line. And I guess what feels concept-y to me is just that toggle rhythm, which is a simple concept I really like.

Oddly, this fits your acid description a lot better to me, and sounds less concept-y to me. Again totally subjective:

It fits too, ofcourse, hence /]{- /](||) name which is AE ACID written playfully (just to be clear, probably we all know it here). It's a lot closer to traditional acid sounds tho, where Slow Acid accommodates to Ae taste extremely, thus not having "true" acidic nature on synths or rhythm. The concept is, tho. I would say it's a constant in a lot of Ae tracks, like Parhelic Triangle, Iera etc. And Acdwn2 isn't even hiding it.

That toggle rhythm i find to be a groovy foundation to not become bored with while repeating it, instead of that drum busyness shown in Excerpt.

Archived