IGNORED

What should autechre do next

Soloman Tump

Where do they go after Elseq and the live releases?

Obviously we have seen a shift to digital content.

My speculation / dreams as follows.

1. A series of club focused techno bangers released on 12", possible pseudonyms but known to be 'chre and obviously them in style.

2. An audio / visual project, possible collaboration if they don't fancy doing the visual bit themselves. Perhaps extend this to the live gigs and do something other than darkness for a change.

3. Tbc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they should release their max patches

lol, highly doubt that'll happen.

To make a living though, they know the best way is to keep doing what they have been for the last three decades. I'm guessing any future releases or other merchandise from here on out will be thru the Ae_Store. Are they even still signed to Warp, I wonder?

Jah, they should keep on doing whatever the fuck they want (seems like its served them well thus far).

TBQH I wouldn't mind if they took a BoCian hiatus to chillax, pursue other interests, etc. (heresy I know :catrecline: ).  Seamus and Ronan have certainly earned themselves a sabbatical, their output has been so expansive that even the most og bona fide fanboi could stand to have a year or two to catch yuop.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath for older tour soundboards, dudes've been pretty clear on their forward-thinking approach in interviews, and their trajectory of albums seems to support this.  Then again I was surprised to see them release soundboards at all, so I dunno lol

Even if they never released anything ever again, they are already the best.  Even if they stopped releasing things 10 years ago they'd still be the best

But I hope to God they continue releasing as long as they can, anything they want to release, because they are the best.

to be fair, they were also very clear that live sets are for the experience and would not be releases...

there's still hope...

but in an interview they clearly said they will release the OneSix sets if they are happy with them

Even if they never released anything ever again, they are already the best. Even if they stopped releasing things 10 years ago they'd still be the best

But I hope to God they continue releasing as long as they can, anything they want to release, because they are the best.

Seconded

As long as they release the onesix soundboards first...

Archived