IGNORED

What should autechre do next

Soloman Tump

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start producing for top 40 artists with some innocuous "future house" instrumentals, then once they're under the radar, unleash some of the most inaccessible breakcore collabs with like Drake and Beyonce and Bruno Mars

Start producing for top 40 artists with some innocuous "future house" instrumentals, then once they're under the radar, unleash some of the most inaccessible breakcore collabs with like Drake and Beyonce and Bruno Mars

would listen

after couple month hiatus from the onesix bootlegs i started listening again and i'm so FUCKING CRAVING THEM SOUNDBOARDS RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY :((

SARAH AND RUDOLF, SHOULD YOU READ THIS:

WHY U NO SOUNDBOARD? ONESIX NOT GOOD ENOUGH AFTER ALL? I NEDD FAEX C'MOOOoonnn...

*cough* ... excuse me.

maybe they'll release el-six

one-el-six

if new album == el-six ≥ (n+1) [[{{{{{..>>>>>>>>>

then soundboards == one-el-six [ZAGREB]\\\\\]]]]

Y / N ?

So I wonder if any of elseq was max triggering any hardware at all. Or purely software based sounds. Because I would like to see them do something like quaristice sounds with max fuckery ya know? I think it be cool. Also, I was thinking maybe releasing tracks in the form of max patches and have them ever changing so that every time you'd hit play the track would always be different somehow, but each patch would be locked so we couldn't mess with 'em... Don't know how all of it would work but I remember them talking about something like this and how Kanye West did something like it with releasing different versions of tracks, sorry for being vague. I just woke up... Still half asleep

So I wonder if any of elseq was max triggering any hardware at all. Or purely software based sounds.

Based on the variety of the 2015 performances, and the way they vary, and the fact that the most recent performances used many of the same ideas with sort of different "lighting" - they are really, really into the malleability and modularity of the software setup right now. They are probably still using Max "as a hub", which could mean massive bespoke patches displaying godlike control of Max objects, or it could just be some fancy, time-tested sequencers and audio plumbing patches, sequencing VSTs. However, one of them did mention somewhere a couple years ago about appreciating the single-sample latency you got with gen~ since Max 6, so they're probably getting pretty down and dirty with some generators or processors somewhere in the chain.

There might still be some hardware samples lurking around in there. If there are they're deeply buried, being used as a (sort of) convolution impulse, or being plugged into an ad-hoc analysis engine whose name is an inside joke about rapid mutation (but nothing so cheeky as AI or machine learning).

Because I would like to see them do something like quaristice sounds with max fuckery ya know? I think it be cool.

:music::gamer:

Based on the variety of the 2015 performances, and the way they vary, and the fact that the most recent performances used many of the same ideas with sort of different "lighting" - they are really, really into the malleability and modularity of the software setup right now.

I'm not in any ways against their current way of working and methods, how could anyone? It's great having them follow this road and us tagging along for the ride...

after couple month hiatus from the onesix bootlegs i started listening again and i'm so FUCKING CRAVING THEM SOUNDBOARDS RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY :((

SARAH AND RUDOLF, SHOULD YOU READ THIS:

WHY U NO SOUNDBOARD? ONESIX NOT GOOD ENOUGH AFTER ALL? I NEDD FAEX C'MOOOoonnn...

*cough* ... excuse me.

I've got a horrible feeling the soundboards aren't coming. Hope I'm wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if the quality of the bootlegs (which is pretty much exceptional tbf) has put them off, like the bootlegs give a better sense of what it was like in the space.

I mean Helsinki, Oslo, Berlin and London are all nearly clean recordings of the sets with a definite sense of how they tailored their sound to the space (especially Berlin).

Anyway that's my excuse for giving up holding off the bootlegs as i couldn't wait anymore...

I've got a horrible feeling the soundboards aren't coming. Hope I'm wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if the quality of the bootlegs (which is pretty much exceptional tbf) has put them off, like the bootlegs give a better sense of what it was like in the space.

I mean Helsinki, Oslo, Berlin and London are all nearly clean recordings of the sets with a definite sense of how they tailored their sound to the space (especially Berlin).

Anyway that's my excuse for giving up holding off the bootlegs as i couldn't wait anymore...

To the kind attention of Rob Brown and Sean Booth:

We are not purists of live relic: if the soundboards should not be very suitable for a home system, feel free to  reconstruct the job regardless of what was the original experience. The only thing that matters is to have the essential vision of the mysteries of your mind. And it relevantly matters.

The same applies to:

Quaristice - 2008 tour
Oversteps - 2010 tour

Please.

I still haven't listened to any of the 2016 bootlegs because I'm holding out for soundboards. rorb & sawn pls

Same.  Too much actual music to absorb without trawling through bootlegs as well, even if they are (apparently) great recordings.

i've got no effing idea... 

i was imagining they would mess a little more with sound, space and silence and then ELSEQ

really i've got no clue what could go ahead but i tend to believe it's gonna be nuts... things that'll take us 2 years to recognize as music (as if ae hadn't done that before)

What if they're already dead and AI on their Macs released elseq out of post-mortem e-mail miscommunication with Warp. After Warp realised they fucked up, they decided to bring doubles for a tour for alibi. I mean who have seen them in person, any close-up hi-res photos? So they throw in a theme of semi-autonomous AI in the recent interview (conducted via Skype, easy-peasy to fake with modern technology, see real-time puppy faces on instagram) and carry on with a mission.

Archived